Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:55 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played through Call of Juarez Gunslinger for the third time. So much fun, but a bit too short so I dug out the original Call of Juarez from the loft, and I also have Call of Juarez Bound In Blood too. I do own Call of Juarez the Cartel but it doesn't work on Windows 10 and Steam aren't supporting it any more... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 31 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still playing Hell Let Loose and still loving it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 06 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started playing Dark Souls 3 again. For some reason I recall the opening scenes and first level quite well but almost nothing of the combat but coming at it from God of War seems to have worked out well. Currently rolling with a dex focused pyromancer and he's waving about a katana like a maniac and looking a bit like David Carradine... called him "Bill" Smile

As a little interlude I'm also having a dabble with Not For Broadcast which has turned out to be a surprisingly dark satire on modern life. While it might be described as just a jazzed up Papers Please it somehow gets across how easy it is to be a c*nt in media Shocked

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:17 - 11 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished God of War, really enjoyed that!

Raft is my chill game of the week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 11 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witchaven 2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:08 - 12 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Raft is my chill game of the week.

It starts well but the later expansions are a little unimaginative.

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 03:16 - 12 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games I've recently finished
Assassin's creed Valhalla( I found it super buggy, even after all those big updates it's had.) Story is so-so. Drags on a little longer than it needed to. Some of the territorys are basically filler and have nothing to do with the main quest. could have shorted this game significantly. Took me 72 hours to finish the main campaign.

Jurassic world evolution, the 1st one
Played it on my ps5 even though its a PS4 game.
Absolutely loved it, got the platinum for this one. One of those games were you can just play while relaxing, no effort involved.

Life is strange: true colors
Kinda enjoyed the story. Characters are a bit generic and not really likeable. The game was probably wrote by cancel culture feminists too, but what can I say I had a good time with it. Guess I'm just biased because I loved the first game. Got the platinum

Concrete genie
Short and sweet, it's about bullying. There was supposed to be a life lesson in here somewhere but I was too busy finding all the collectibles to take any notice of the story.
Got the platinum

Forza horizon 5
This is my go too chill game ATM. Load it up, do a few races, p*ss about for an hour testing new cars. Do some online events. That's about it nothing serious.

Games I've just started:
I wont baffle on about these because I've barely scratched the surface.
Gravity rush 2- playing on ps5
Rayman legends- playing on switch
Diablo 2 resurrected- playing on pc co-op with my brother.

New purchases I've not gotten around to yet
Jedi fallen order( gonna play with ps5 upgrade)
Kena bridge of spirits ps5
The neo collection ps5
Blasphemous Nintendo switch
Kaze and the wild masks Nintendo switch
Streets of range 4 Nintendo switch
The ori collection Nintendo switch

UPCOMING GAMES IM EXCITED FOR:
Horizon forbidden west
Gran tourismo 7
Elden ring

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 12 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Fallen Order is basically Dark Souls does Star Wars. It's about as generic as it gets, mechanically. That being said it's a good piece of Star Wars story-craft like one would say of Rogue One.

TheRealSmiler
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 12 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just purchased an Xbox one X so as it's my first ever Xbox I've been trying out the game pass games. I've got to say whilst Gears Of War is actually pretty good I still don't understand why Halo has a cult following.

I'd also suggest if people can get hold of it cheap Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice if you want something a little different to your standard games. Really interesting the mental health challenges it brings up not normally seen in video games.

Easy-X wrote:
Jedi Fallen Order is basically Dark Souls does Star Wars. It's about as generic as it gets, mechanically. That being said it's a good piece of Star Wars story-craft like one would say of Rogue One.

Getting one of the secrets where you literally have to wall jump up the ramp, swing back and then wall jump again was extremely annoying though. That's been the hardest thing in a platforming game I've done for a long time with the precise timing.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:16 - 12 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealSmiler wrote:
I've just purchased an Xbox one X so as it's my first ever Xbox I've been trying out the game pass games.

Want a 2 month xbox ultimate code?

TheRealSmiler
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 03:50 - 13 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
TheRealSmiler wrote:
I've just purchased an Xbox one X so as it's my first ever Xbox I've been trying out the game pass games.

Want a 2 month xbox ultimate code?

I've purchased mine with 24 months included; but thanks anyway.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 13 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I tried RDR2 on PS5. It's still the triple A game it was on the PS4, now with much shorter loading times and somewhat higher screen resolution and detail as well. I previously played it on the base PS4.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:56 - 19 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded Battlefield V for PC, didn't start it till late, so let it run all night on my shite connection, 90Gb Shocked

That's my monthly quota used Confused First run of it this afternoon, confirms I bloody downloded 60% of bloody video scenes.

Still, nice to have something to play with when I'm bored of all th eother shite. Very Happy

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 21 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my PlayStation 5 and played a few games over the weekend:

Horizon Forbidden West = SHIT / 10

Fucking garbage game, it came free with the PlayStation 5 so I gave it a shot. Four hours of playing into it on Friday night and I had lost all will to continue on with it. Being traded into CeX today, just couldn't get into it.

Death Loop = T.B.C. / 10

Actually find it pretty funny, the voice acting is really good from the whole cast, it's fun, there's nothing too serious going on about it. I am enjoying it, I can't give it a definitive score till I am done with it though but things look good.

CyberPunk 2077 = T.B.C. / 10

I played the 5 hour free-trial of it and really loved it. So much so that I bought the full game. I normally hate DPS based combat systems but here the game is really enjoyable and visually exciting. The worst part of this game is the driving mechanics with are absolute fucking poo. Story seems interesting, it's full of easter eggs and you can get lost just exploring and not doing your missions. I love it. Same as with Death Loop the score will come further into it but so far I recommend it. No bugs that I have found either.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:35 - 21 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame, I quite enjoyed Horizon: Zero Dawn (after it was heavily patched!)

I might give Death Loop a go after I've finished Dark Souls 3. That'll probably take a while as I keep suffering with restartitis Sad

I hit some roadblock in the game and think "a melee character would be much better here than a magic user..." and start all over again. I've had a lot of fun smashing bosses with my Northman "Harold" who literally wields a tree! No finesse though and it's surprising how many times the game can pull-off "brute force will avail you not!"

And then you discover where all the juicy fire spells are and now I'm rolling with my Pyromancer "Bernie" who's struggling to get to them.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 22 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a rumour that they're releasing a new Gran Turismo that'll be available on PS4? And that it might be something like the versions of old that allowed for almost infinite performance customisations of the vehicles (can't recall when that finished tbh as I've not played it for donkeys years). I hardly ever play computer games but I reckon I'd find the odd half hour for that if/when it comes.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 22 Feb 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently got Age of Empires 4 and got back in to a bit of gaming. I loved AOE 2 since way back so to get a new one is great. AOE 3 was not so good. Liked Age of Mythology.

My clicks per second is just so bad so I'm not any good at them online. So far 3 wins 10 losses in quick match. The ranking system is still to be released.

Favourite game, followed by eve online, I don't play that any longer but have 2 characters from 2004 with mega skill points if I ever want to go back. Eve is a fulltime job with overtime. Amazing game.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 05 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the GT7.

On the PS5, the loading times are non-existent (we're talking 1 to 3 seconds loadings) and both the visual and audio presentation are exceptional. The level of detail is beyond any other racing game on the market today. The dynamic weather and day/night cycle are both a nice addition, incl. a weather map telling you what part of the track has what conditions during the race. This mainly applies to longer tracks, but it's still nice.

Raytracing; you may either choose the performace mode (everything runs at 60fps) or the raytracing mode (60fps gameplay, 30fps menus and replays). It is impressive to see reflections of the world and other cars on the actuall cars in the replays and menus. You can see the whole world in a VW hub cap, for instance.

The game runs in native 4K at rock solid 60fps and I'm yet to see a dropped frame. The geometry and LOD also improved a lot since the GT Sport and the light system is very convincing with very nice realistic real time shadows. Cubemaps (reflections on the car during the race) also have much higher LOD.

The content; so far it is entertaining enough, but I expected something a bit closer to the GT4 experience. They also changed the camera shake which I wasn't happy with at first, but I got used to it.

Anyway, I'm gonna give it more hours to decided the final score, but so far it is a very well made game with a bit of nostalgia in it as well. The kind of nostalgia that all the long time fans, playing this series from the very beginnings, will appreciate. Such as the soundtrack, the classic tracks (Deep Forest Raceway, High Speed Ring and Trial Mountain Circuit) with overall ''classic Gran Turismo'' feel.

TL; DR: As a long time fan of the Gran Turismo series I say go for it, enjoy. The game also runs on the PS4 and PS4 PRO.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 07 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
So, the GT7.

The content; so far it is entertaining enough, but I expected something a bit closer to the GT4 experience. They also changed the camera shake which I wasn't happy with at first, but I got used to it.

Anyway, I'm gonna give it more hours to decided the final score, but so far it is a very well made game with a bit of nostalgia in it as well. The kind of nostalgia that all the long time fans, playing this series from the very beginnings, will appreciate. Such as the soundtrack, the classic tracks (Deep Forest Raceway, High Speed Ring and Trial Mountain Circuit) with overall ''classic Gran Turismo'' feel.

TL; DR: As a long time fan of the Gran Turismo series I say go for it, enjoy. The game also runs on the PS4 and PS4 PRO.

What would you say it's lacking compared with earlier GT games? I remember playing (and enjoying) the first two games, then I got GT4 or GT5 I think, but it was in the traditional buy used, tune up, millions of settings etc.. type format.

I am tempted (by the PS4 version).

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:26 - 07 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the classic GT games you always start with 10 000Cr., go to the Licence center, do the B licence, A licence... then buy a used car and race it in the Sunday cup... to earn first money, upgrade the car to keep up with the AI... earning money, buying/selling cars... the only limitation in the game being your cash and licence.

I don't have that feeling from the GT7. You mainly complete tasks given to you in the GT Cafe. In the beginning the tasks are about learning how to play the game, then you always get a task to win three races in Europe/Asia/America, for which you acquire three cars if you manage to finish them in at least 3rd place. Then go back to the GT Cafe for another such task. You don't really need to buy cars to play the game. The only car you have to buy is the first one from the used car market just because the game says so. You can't sell cars though!

I do enjoy playing the game but it's no GT4 (the best GT game in the series). Many people talked about the GT7 like it was supposed to be the classic Gran Turismo game, maybe I'm just getting too old. Anyway, the car tuning is also back, incl. custom wheels and bodyparts (wide body kit, spoilers, splitters...) and you can even change the colour of the headlight bulbs, and the oil change + car wash are back too. It is very simplified but these days I'm glad it's back regardless.

The online aspect of the game is the same as in the GT Sport, which is the best sim/arcade online racing on the market.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 13 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fired up the ps3 and played Battlefield for the dirst time in ages. It all felt a bit creepy considering whats going on in Ukraine.

On a more civil note im wanting to get into Microsoft flight simulator 2020 but will need a new pc or laptop to do so. Shocked

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 14 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I fired up the ps3 and played Battlefield for the dirst time in ages. It all felt a bit creepy considering whats going on in Ukraine.

On a more civil note im wanting to get into Microsoft flight simulator 2020 but will need a new pc or laptop to do so. Shocked

I believe they have, or are in the process of, cloud enabling it. So it might run on any PC. Otherwise it runs OK on xbox series s/x.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:56 - 14 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

I believe they have, or are in the process of, cloud enabling it. So it might run on any PC. Otherwise it runs OK on xbox series s/x.

Being cheap, I'll look into that Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 18 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to get into Europa Universalis IV because it suddenly popped up for £8 on steam. Jings it's a steep learning curve though Shocked

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 18 Mar 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone playing Elden Ring yet?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 52 of 64