Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 06 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

have gone back to one of my favourites
The Hunter: Call of the Wild

a hunting simulation that has really good graphics on a decent pc.

a variety of different locations to hunt and animals to stalk.

quite relaxing game play, the complete opposite of fps games that i usually enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:48 - 07 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great game for eating time and being quite chill. Enjoyed that as a break between games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 09 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Fired up Returnal again. On my old system it looked "okay" but best it could manage was 30fps, sometimes dipping down to freeze-frame speeds Sad Newly rebuild system: everything turned up to "epic" + ray tracing and I get 75fps dipping down to 60fps occasionally. Fucking transforms the game Very Happy

Got to Phase 4 - Room 6 last night on the Tower of Sisyphus so I've managed to defeat the 3rd form of Algos and unlock a couple more achievements on Steam. I think I need 4 more to 100% it, which I will do at some point.

What a game though, can't believe how good this game looks/runs on my 5800X3D and 4080, absolutely stunning. When it's all going off at a locked 144fps on Epic settings it's truly a sight to behold. Up there with one of the best games ever made for me.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 17 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life has me at the point of escaping reality. Online poker bores me and I can't watch TV except for occasional football matches and motogp The only way is either LSD or an engrossing game.

Would appreciate any recommendations for a single player game where I can get lost. A game with a good story. The last time I played a game was Age of Empires 4, this was too stressful online as I kept getting pumped. Want an fps or an RPG I think.

Cheers

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 17 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
Life has me at the point of escaping reality. Online poker bores me and I can't watch TV except for occasional football matches and motogp The only way is either LSD or an engrossing game.

Would appreciate any recommendations for a single player game where I can get lost. A game with a good story. The last time I played a game was Age of Empires 4, this was too stressful online as I kept getting pumped. Want an fps or an RPG I think.

Cheers

Days Gone. You're very welcome.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 17 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Days Gone is a great game, definitely engaging, if you like logic puzzles and philosophy try The Talos Principle 2 and of course there's always Baldur's Gate 3.

Not a particularly big game but The Invincible is quite breath-taking...

https://i.imgur.com/0hxZwDS.png

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 18 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

Cheers

the Witcher 3
Borderlands 2
Fallout Las Vegas
Dying light: the following.

any of these will soak up your time.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 18 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor on the PS5 - 8/10

A game with amazing visuals, sound, level desing and a plenty of entertaining environmental puzzles. Almost flawless 60fps presentation in the performance mode and flawless 30fps in the quality mode.

The quality mode gives you ''up to 4K'' image with ray traced reflections, and the game does look objectively better, but once you're in motion 60fps will always feel smoother and nicer, especially in a 3rd. person view action platformer game.

There were only a few issues while playing, I had to reload the game twice throughout the gameplay. Also, for whatever reason all the cut scenes run in the quality mode (30fps), so it feels odd when jumping from 60fps gameplay into 30fps cut scenes.

*I did play the previous game as well. STAR WARS Fallen order, also a very well-made game.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:02 - 20 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Prey cheap on GOG for about £6. It's worth that, I'd say, but it's not this amazing masterpiece everyone talks about. The enemies are repetitive, the difficulty curve is more of a spiky graph and there is an awful lot of boring backtracking. The environments look good, and some of the powers you get are kind of fun, but it just feels like they took the 2 most recent Deus Ex games, removed the polish and then added a huge dollop of rancid Half-Life leftovers. Even the main 'smaller' enemies look suspiciously head-crabby, and you hit stuff with a wrench instead of a crowbar.

I can't understand the glowing reviews. Sure, the story is interesting, and I can see it going somewhere quite twist-y but I've also basically predicted the ending and the actual single player campaign is extremely short. I bought it at the end of the week before last, and I've already almost completed it including all side quests.

It's not a *bad* game I suppose, it's just pretty mediocre.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 20 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got bored with pray and never finished it. i dont understand all the rave reviews either.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:51 - 20 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Prey, reminded me of Dead Space - I got it cheap aswell. £10 for Prey, Evil Within and Evil Within 2.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 20 Nov 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never finished Dead space either.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 05 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerWash Simulator. Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:56 - 05 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Dishonored, and it’s so good. Way better than Prey, it’s less po faced and more fun. I think my gaming catnip is fps games with role playing elements and a heavy emphasis on stealth. This is that.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:12 - 06 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Playing Dishonored, and it’s so good. Way better than Prey, it’s less po faced and more fun. I think my gaming catnip is fps games with role playing elements and a heavy emphasis on stealth. This is that.

I did enjoy dishonored. When it was being given a free 48 hour 'test' on steam when it was first released, I simply did not close down the game/turn off PC after that point until I really had had enough and decided to just buy it... Laughing

Last edited by blurredman on 09:59 - 07 Dec 2023; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 06 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

recently bought Mudrunner cheap for a laugh.

Enjoying the scouting the map parts, dont give a shit about hauling logs so i only really enjoy half the game Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 07 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhammer 40K: Boltgun

Most fun I've had in a long while.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 08 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Coffin of Andy and Leyley

Got it because of all the controversy and to see what it was about, only to be disappointed when all the weird and sus stuff doesn't actually happen (except for the cannibalism) it's also mostly for comedic effect.

0/10 as a horror game.
6/10 as a somewhat comedic, shitposty, empty-head, no brain play-along.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:20 - 11 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last of Us Part 1 PC.

Alright so far (early days) but the AI is comically awful.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:26 - 16 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Wake 2 (PS5) - 9.5/10

I just finished the game on the hardest difficulty and enjoyed pretty much every single minute of it. I'm a big fan of games from Remedy Entertainment, played them all. Alan Wake 2 is a mix of all their recent games, it felt like Control mixed with Max Payne and Quantum Break, while still keeping the Alan Wake style, although there are some new ideas, compared to the original Alan Wake game.

All in all, very nice visuals, sound (great soundtrack; listening to it right now), story telling and gameplay with challenging enough puzzles throughout the game. I might try the new game plus mode, but I don't want to go through the puzzles again.

*No bugs through my gameplay. I played it using the quality mode (30fps), the performance mode (60fps) is also available. Ray tracing is used for lights and shadows, otherwise non-existent. The performance mode also reduces the screen resolution, AA, the LOD and foliage. It's not a fast paced game, so 30fps feels natural.

*By the way, they also remastered the first game, that is also worth playing.

*0.5 points down for predictable backtracking, if you want to pick up every single item and solve every single puzzle. And also for some of the new game mechanics.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:41 - 17 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an epic games sale, so I bought Dishonored 2 which I've not yet played, but it triggered me to play the Dishonored DLC - death of the outsider which I don't feel like is as good as the original so far. It seems our protagonist doesn't have the powers that the one from the original game had. Maybe if I get further I'll be proven wrong?

I also bought Sifu, which is some level of masterpiece. I don't think it's worth much more than the £15 it's at on sale at the moment, but it's fantastic fun, and has lots of legitimate Kung Fu concepts and a fun aging mechanic. It makes me feel old as a middle aged martial artist, but as I said it's loads of fun. The 'structure meter' is a great idea and the idea that your health reduces but your power increases by age is a great if somewhat unrealistic idea. From the age of 20 to the age of about 35 I could see that working, but after 35 we all decline even the best martial artists. It seems someone was involved who really knows chinese Kung Fu especially Bak Mei and that lends it an authenticity that I've not seen in any other fighting game. Its difficult, not perfect and possibly a bit low on content, but it's also fun, addictive and re-playable. It's probably the Yin and Yang of games (but well worth it).

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 18 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dishonoured 2 is a good game.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 18 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitler Hates Anime - 7/10

Got sent it as a joke gift on Steam for my birthday (think it costs £0.99) from a mate.

You go around playing as Hitler, who hates anime, and beat bikini-clad anime girls to death with a giant dildo.

Good for about 15 minutes till you get tired of beating bikini-clad anime girls to death with a giant dildo.

7/10.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 06 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Fallout New Vegas again, this time on the PS5. Now, when I say PS5, I mean the PS3 version streamed on the PS5. So roughly 720p at anything between 20fps and 30fps, with very limited LOD, texture res., with even downgraded geometry and physics engine... just like the original PS3 game code. The loading times however do seem much shorter than on the PS3 hardware, but still very noticeable and everywhere. Unlike on the PC or the Xbox, speaking of old games on new hardware. I mean, on the latest Xbox consoles the game runs in 4K at 60fps, with no loading times at ''max PC'' settings.*

Anyway, it's still fun, my favourite game of the series. The streaming process works flawlessly. Unfortunately, the game does not contain the DLC's.

*EDIT: I do know that Xbox was always just a ''DirectX PC'', so enhancing the screen resolution, graphics and frame rate of an older game for the newer HW is just a matter of ''moving the sliders''. PlayStation from 1 to 3, on the other hand, was always special, requiring a completely different approach, so to enhance a PS3 game for the new HW would mean porting the old code to the new PS4/PS5 architecture.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:15 - 07 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heat Death: Survival Train
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2662780/Heat_Death_Survival_Train/
Quote:
Heat Death is a sci-fi survival game where you can build, upgrade, and customize your battle train to explore and survive a frozen world! This train is not only your shelter and vehicle, but also your weapon and ally to face hostile drones, deadly storms, and hidden mysteries of an unknown world!

Spent a good few hours on this, worth checking out.

I hope the game doesn't move away from Train Survival.
The whole "Without the train, you will die" is a decent niche.

The fear of not planning ahead when you need to leave the train and being caught without power cells or food is real.

The free demo is available on steam at the moment.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 63 of 64