Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started playing Until Dawn.

I'm a huge Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D fan so playing as Grant Ward is super strange.

I like the story and I like how the Analyst is monitoring how I'm playing and quizzing my likes/dislikes, questioning how I'm playing.

Fracture but whole is being collected by my missus tonight. Now do I play stick of truth first of FBH?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:
I'm going to hold out and see if the DLC for the missing cars is free, or follows Forza's shitty model of gouging every penny possible from their customers.

I dunno why people bother with (car) DLC when the game has hundreds of cars already. Only packs I've bought for Forza were the Porsche ones and the Nascar pack (and the Nascar one was on sale for a few quid), because there's a specific license* involved which justifies the cost. Buying packs of 10 random cars doesn't make any sense.

*the EA exclusive Porsche deal has ended, hence why you're seeing them everywhere now.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Project Cars and I've got the 24hr Le Mans to complete...No biggie, I'm putting in good lap times and the game allows you to shorten the race to 2hrs.

2hrs is still a bit too much for my twitchy mind so after doing 30 mins of stonkingly fast laps I'd amassed enough time to still lead after the 1st pitstop, whereupon I would brim the tank and send my good buddy Mr AI Driver to do a long nightime stint.

Except Mr AI Driver is a complete and reckless twat. Whilst I was having my tea said twat was stuffing it up the inside of backmarkers and also picking up warnings for cutting the track.

I open the door to my room to see him getting Black Flagged. That AI bloke isn't fit to race banger cars nevermind a LMP 1.

Does Project Cars 2 have better AI?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing Wipeout Omega collection on PS4 (got it for free, would buy anyway (on sale with PS+)). It's basically three Wipeout games in one, with enhanced visuals. The soundtrack is good, as always, the performance is exemplary (very smooth 60fps, with no drops, next to no loading times, runs offline)*. The controlls are also spot on, the last Wipeout I played was on PSP (not great, but still playable). The game difficulty is sometimes frustrating, but still entertaining enough for me to keep on trying to win.

9.5/10 Thumbs Up

0.5 down for the AI, sometimes I just want to scream!!!

------------------
*I also have Need for speed on the PS4 at the moment and that game runs poorly at 30fps (huge frame drops). The console has to be online all the time. The game will kick you out of whatever you're doing if for some reason you loose the internet concetion during playing and won't even let you turn the game on unless you are online. I was in the middle of a race and the game kicked me out, because my router decided to stop working for a couple of seconds.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
Now do I play stick of truth first of FBH?

Yes, I would. Thumbs Up

I don't want to spoil anything, but in the Fractured but whole, they do mention the Stick of truth and the outcome of the first game does influence the new one. I haven't got far, yet. I'm now playing the Wipeout game and can't stop. Razz

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Apparently not: https://youtu.be/dlulyzifZ4g?t=20m3s

RhynoCZ wrote:
I started playing Wipeout Omega collection on PS4 (got it for free, would buy anyway (on sale with PS+)). It's basically three Wipeout games in one, with enhanced visuals. The soundtrack is good, as always, the performance is exemplary (very smooth 60fps, with no drops, next to no loading times, runs offline)*. The controlls are also spot on, the last Wipeout I played was on PSP (not great, but still playable). The game difficulty is sometimes frustrating, but still entertaining enough for me to keep on trying to win.

Wipeout HD/Fury was probably my biggest gaming disappointment, it was the first game I got for the PS3, after enjoying Wipeout Pure (the first game) on the PSP. A big boner killer was that they played movie trailers during loading screens Shocked, but the gameplay was just meh, like the second PSP game (Wipeout Pulse).

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers M.C. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

Wipeout HD/Fury was probably my biggest gaming disappointment, it was the first game I got for the PS3, after enjoying Wipeout Pure (the first game) on the PSP. A big boner killer was that they played movie trailers during loading screens Shocked, but the gameplay was just meh, like the second PSP game (Wipeout Pulse).

This one has Wipeout HD, Wipeout HD Fury and Wipeout 2048. I also enjoyed the PSP games, finished them on elite difficulty (yes, days of enjoyment and frustration). The Omega collection is also very good and playing it with a proper dualshock and on a big screen makes it even more pleasant experience. The only thing that isn't really that well done is the difficulty level, very inconsistent. The Zone game mode, is next to impossible to gain elite pass. Other times the AI is ''cheating'' or being very lucky. You may do 10 lap race, being about 3rd. for the first half of the race, then getting into the lead to only loose the race in the last lap, eventhough in the 9th lap you had couple of seconds lead. Not to mention how long such races take.

But still, it's one of the better made games on the PS4. This console was made to run remastered games from older systems. Razz

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:32 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Howling Terror wrote:

Apparently not: https://youtu.be/dlulyzifZ4g?t=20m3s

Wasn't there a patch? I know when I first tried PC2, the AI was having a laugh. AI driver could smash into the wall, loosing a wheel, yet it would still try to finish the race. I also had the ''killer cones'' bug. You could smash the car into a wall with no serious damage, yet hitting some cones would rip your wheel off with no extra effort.

The thread about PC2: https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=321847

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to get a PSTV for PSP/Vita games but they aren't sold anymore and go for quite a lot on eBay (well more than I'm willing to spend). Still got my PSP somewhere.

I think they've milked the re-masters sufficiently on this generation of consoles, especially Sony. On the Xbox you normally have the option of playing the 360 version without paying a subscription (like with the Bioshock games for example) Smile

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 18:20 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Fractured But Whole and GT Sport.

The VR Mode on Sport is excellent although I'm disappointed it's only a 'Mode' and you can't play the whole game in VR.

Strangely I'm a better driver in VR than without. Maybe not quicker but certainly smoother.

The Fractured But Whole I love but I do feel it is a bit of a con. It is a glorified expansion pack not a game. The SoT cost me £28 on release day, FBW was £40, it uses the same engine and the same graphics the combat has changed and the PC port is pretty clunky with it.

It's still good but I feel I have been conned a bit.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not into Destiny at all. It's very samey, fly to a planet, shoot aliens, do the odd mission, upgrade weapons and snooze. Is Destiny 2 the same or better?

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting into GTA V online now. Couldn't make any money, but I've got a couple of crazy randoms on my friends list now, I just accept their invitations to join their syndicates, and tag along like a lemon, and earn money, they've all got mad stuff, all the bling, and I just ride along and look Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:36 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Destiny 2 last Tuesday but only played a couple hours since. I didn't play Destiny so not really sure if I'm in to it.

Feel like I'd rather be playing Battlefront 2 or Assassins Creed Origins.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently only playing GT Sport. Turned out quite an expensive purchase, as I now have a G29 and a Playseat Challenge, Laughing.

Did have Project Cars 2 as well, and as much as I love sims, I just wasn't having any fun with the game. Seemed to spend more time pissing about trying to set a car up so I could actually manage a lap without fucking up somewhere, than anything else. GT Sport may not be as good a sim (by a long way), but it is fun to play, and with a proper wheel and now a decent race seat, it's the absolute bollocks. Also, visually, it completely shits all over PC2 in my eyes. Bear in mind I'm playing on a 70" 4K HDR TV, so GT Sport really does look a bit special, but Cars 2 to me looked absolutely wank.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am not liking Destiny. I am resigning it to the pile of games I won't play again and want to swap. At the moment I am working through Call of duty remastered. I played this before on the 360 and it plays like I remember but looks a lot better, hence the remastered bit.

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently got into Elite Dangerous for PS4.. it's ridiculous how big this game is. Mind boggling. As I understand it you can pretty much go anywhere inside the milkyway, or a similar galaxy...

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:20 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got Black Mesa on offer from steam. It's better than Half Life: Source by about a million fold. It gives me the same feeling I had from the Original Half Life back in around '98, or '99.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:47 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
Did have Project Cars 2 as well, and as much as I love sims, I just wasn't having any fun with the game. Seemed to spend more time pissing about trying to set a car up so I could actually manage a lap without fucking up somewhere, than anything else. GT Sport may not be as good a sim (by a long way), but it is fun to play, and with a proper wheel and now a decent race seat, it's the absolute bollocks. Also, visually, it completely shits all over PC2 in my eyes. Bear in mind I'm playing on a 70" 4K HDR TV, so GT Sport really does look a bit special, but Cars 2 to me looked absolutely wank.

Except Project Cars isn't a sim' Smile There was a big hoo-ha surrounding the first game, as it was crowd-funded by the sim racing community and they ended up with a meh racing game (and some stuff about it being an 'investment'). So with Project Cars 2 they again crowdfunded without any 'investment' returns and people still bought into it Rolling Eyes

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I finished the new South Park game, it was not as good as the first one. They simplified it quite a lot, you don't use weapons anymore, you don't really have to do the RPG part of the game and all that, plus the fights are now feck easy. I'd say 3.5/5 would be generous. I quite enjoyed it, but there was no challenge playing it.

If you've never played the first game, play that first and then the second one.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:47 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Yes I am not liking Destiny..

Many don't.

Unfortunately the 1st was epic. This one, well.. its a bit pony.

I've done everything, have every single non-PS4 gun, all the armour, been flawless 7+ times on each, I just... they are missing what D1 had, the grind.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure Destiny is my game, it appears to be OK but it is just SO samey and I got it because it was done by the Halo game folks, or they had input into it. Halo 5 is sublime, I have played that to completion 3 times, it is excellent. Destiny is not Halo, more's the pity.

Looking forward to Battlefront II. That will be my Christmas sorted game wise.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to GTA online. Again... Finally bit the bullet (pardon the pun) and bought a gunrunning bunker while they were reduced.
Made best part of 2 million in 2 days manufacturing arms and playing completely solo in my own 'public' lobby.
The ability to be AFK so to speak while your factory is beavering away making weapons is the key. Literally making
GTA$ while I walk the dog and sup beer at the pub. Thumbs Up Just have to look in every now and then and do a couple of
resupply missions to keep stock levels up. Yet to find a resupply or delivery I can't complete playing solo so long
as I sell when I get to approx 250k in weapons. Wink

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:10 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
Currently got into Elite Dangerous for PS4.. it's ridiculous how big this game is. Mind boggling. As I understand it you can pretty much go anywhere inside the milkyway, or a similar galaxy...

it is pretty much our own solar system, I think when the game was first released all the planets and stars already catalogued were named, and everything else that was plotted in by computers, could be named by the first person to find it? Laughing

If you haven't yet got contact details of Fuel Rats, do! Thumbs Up

https://www.fuelrats.com/

I had a blast on GTA V last night, I stole a jet fighter and flew protective combat overhead for a noob doing missions, killed anyone that came near his cargo. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I am not sure Destiny is my game, it appears to be OK but it is just SO samey and I got it because it was done by the Halo game folks, or they had input into it. Halo 5 is sublime, I have played that to completion 3 times, it is excellent. Destiny is not Halo, more's the pity.

Looking forward to Battlefront II. That will be my Christmas sorted game wise.

Halo 5 (and 4) are 343 industries, Bungie (Destiny devs) did the previous tedious Halo games.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 9 of 64