Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite liked all the Halo games, I bought an original Xbox solely just to play Halo which was ground breaking at the time. I've not been disappointed with any Halo game; although I have not played Halo wars as it does not appear to be my type of game.

I've just bought Batman Tell Tale on Xbox one, looks interesting, hope it's as good as it looks.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Divinity Original Sin 2 ( not so original then :p) , with my OH. Think it's harder than the first. Eats time. No Zombie Nick Sad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I quite liked all the Halo games, I bought an original Xbox solely just to play Halo which was ground breaking at the time. I've not been disappointed with any Halo game; although I have not played Halo wars as it does not appear to be my type of game.

I found the Bungie ones samey, although that's what people seemed to like. Don't think I even completed the second one and gave up by the third. Halo 4's one of fav' shooters, and 5's really good although I've not completed it Embarassed

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:49 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that Ubisoft have once again fucked up their flagship game release, this time being Assassins Creed Origins by doubling up on DRM protection.

They're using Denuvo + VMProtect both at the same time and it's causing a 30 - 40% hit in performance because of it.

If you were only just scraping the minimum specs anyway, the game is going to run like a bag of shit.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
I read that Ubisoft have once again fucked up their flagship game release, this time being Assassins Creed Origins by doubling up on DRM protection.

They're using Denuvo + VMProtect both at the same time and it's causing a 30 - 40% hit in performance because of it.

If you were only just scraping the minimum specs anyway, the game is going to run like a bag of shit.

They recommend GTX760 (equivalent of GTX1050) for this game, so they were having a laugh all along. Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:31 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be a buggy piece of shit anyway, has no one figured out Assassins Creed yet? Eh?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue. A fiendish little colour puzzler on the PS4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a big studio, so one would assume, that they would already know how to make a game, especially the PC version. The PC as we know it, dedicated Direct3D/Directx/OpenGL graphics card with a x86 CPU, all runing on Windows OS, has been here for at least 22 years now. Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:36 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
It's a big studio, so one would assume, that they would already know how to make a game, especially the PC version. The PC as we know it, dedicated Direct3D/Directx/OpenGL graphics card with a x86 CPU, all runing on Windows OS, has been here for at least 22 years now. Thinking

Games on PC don't seem to be optimised very well, Forza for example, which's solid on the under-powered Xbox yet high end PC users struggle (same with pCARS etc.).

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished Divinity O S 2, the last battle was a buggar, but done, WooHoo Smile

Started the latest Mordor game on my shiny new Scorpio edition Xbox.

Jeez, it's weird using a different pad, just about got comfortable with a ps controller, now have to unlearn where the X button is.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:12 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

Games on PC don't seem to be optimised very well, Forza for example, which's solid on the under-powered Xbox yet high end PC users struggle (same with pCARS etc.).

PC Master Race is Dead/dying.

Consoles are far more powerful and games are optimised for them. I've been more impressed by the graphics on my PS pro than anything by PC has done in years. I was playing HZD in 4k HDR my PC can't touch that Despite being a pretty high spec.

I dug out Half Life 2 on my Xbox the other day, it looked like a bag of shite, the say with every game I can remember being on the PSX/PS2 and PC. The PC was always miles better. Not anymore.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:29 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I was playing HZD in 4k HDR my PC can't touch that Despite being a pretty high spec..

I know you are a PS player, but the One X has proven that the ps4 pro barely hits 4k on any game. It struggles at 1440p in most game and even drops to 1080 at points because of the bottleneck.

I nearly bought a ps4 pro to take advantage of the 4k, but the one x seems to have just crept past. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 14:14 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
chris-red wrote:
I was playing HZD in 4k HDR my PC can't touch that Despite being a pretty high spec..

I know you are a PS player, but the One X has proven that the ps4 pro barely hits 4k on any game. It struggles at 1440p in most game and even drops to 1080 at points because of the bottleneck.

I nearly bought a ps4 pro to take advantage of the 4k, but the one x seems to have just crept past. Shocked

My TV says 4k and it looks great, I'm happy Laughing

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought ride 2, quite a bit of fun and some interesting bikes, good timeout between overwatch bouts Thumbs Up

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 09 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

My TV says 4k and it looks great, I'm happy Laughing

I have to agree, my Pro running GT Sport on a 70" 4K HDR panel, looks fucking phenomenal. If the One X is pushing through a few more pixels, I doubt your really going to notice it that much in all fairness. I used to be an absolute graphics whore, I was running SLi 980's until recently, had to have everything maxed etc. but when you see what consoles can push out now, it's pretty damn impressive to be honest. Horizon Zero Dawn is another game that blew me away with how good it looks, the sunrises in that game are fucking awesome, Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:47 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Consoles are far more powerful and games are sometimes optimised for them.

FTFY. There's a few titles the Xbox struggle with that my fairly dated PC handles fine. It comes down to the developer, and Turn 10 seem to be the only ones able to optimise racing games properly on the Xbox.

Played Wolfenstein II round a mates, it's more like Doom and pretty f'ing awesome. Wish I had pre-ordered it now as prices (for console) seem to have crept from ~£35 to around £40. I don't really like paying more than 30ish for a game.

Still playing the SNES mini though. Completed Bomberman 4, currently on the third game. However some of the bosses make me want to kill everyone I know.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is with new PC games, unless you have state of the art components the games are going to look crap. I bought the new COD game and I have a 2 gig GTX 760 which struggles. I am loathed to spend upwards of £150 on a graphics card to make it playable, that is how much I paid for my Xbox one s.

Should have bought COD on the Xbox one s.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently playing southpark fractured but whole and overwatch,

Have a slow progressing game of divinity original sin with Soph

Have the new mordor and new wolfenstein queued up next

All on PC and I have no issues with performance on anything I've played so far.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
The thing is with new PC games, unless you have state of the art components the games are going to look crap. I bought the new COD game and I have a 2 gig GTX 760 which struggles. I am loathed to spend upwards of £150 on a graphics card to make it playable, that is how much I paid for my Xbox one s.

Should have bought COD on the Xbox one s.

I play it on a GTX1050Ti, high settings with textures on extreme and some stuff turned on extra (motion blur, better depth of field...), 1080p, 60fps, not a single frame dropped, GPU utilization jumps between 80% to 95%. The game does require more RAM though, 12GB+. The previous COD games also needed more RAM than the usuall 8GB which is standard in any other game today.

You do not really need a ''state of the art'' PC to run the game. Does your SLI even work? 1050Ti is only 6% faster than the 760 and you have 2 of them. There might be something wrong with your setup. How much RAM do you have?
If you're interested, I could give you the settings I'm running.

Also, this COD is not the nicest looking game out there. Battlefield 1 looked way better, with higher quality textures and filtering, with better handeled volumetric effects and lighting. BF1 being even less demanding game.

Either way, on the GTX1050Ti the game looks and performs way better than on the current generation of consoles.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No RhynoCZ, I have one card a 2 gig, not SLI I own 1x GTX 760. 16 gig of ram.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see. For some reason I misread your post. Well, that 2GB of video memory is your issue.

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:34 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing garrysmod, lots and lots of garrysmod Wub

https://i.imgur.com/LqNKo0t.png

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 02:00 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assassins Creed Origins... enjoying it a lot!

Not like the others in a lot of ways, very much like Witcher 3 Cool

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:21 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Assassins Creed Origins

WE. WUZ. KANGZ.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

COD WW2

Usual shit. Battlefield 1 still knocks it out of the park and I will be going back to that soon.

Zombies, especially the multiplayer, is a far better experience and is much better than the zombie add-ons of recent CODs.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 136 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 10 of 64