Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 25 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hating obvious cheats/aimbots and never knowing if players are really clean is what made us get consoles for multiplay after decades of PC gaming.

PUBG on the Xbox isn't a good experience atm in my opinion, but should improve.

No idea what it's like on the PC, so not helpful to you at all Razz

Fortnite Battle Royale is free! good for a laugh if you can get past cartoon graphics and building. Similar to PUBG, but more silly.

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 25 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a PS3 for Christmas. (Three, I asked for one) What games do I rush out and buy? I’ve had a 360 for years so I’ve probably got most of the stuff that isn’t exclusive.

Also got Mario 64, that should take me a bit to finish Dance!

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 25 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps3 games are cheap, most Cash generator do 3 for £5.

Goldeneye, Bayonetta, Wolverine, Vanquish and Uncharted 1/2/3 to name but a few.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:37 - 25 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
I got a PS3 for Christmas. (Three, I asked for one) What games do I rush out and buy? I’ve had a 360 for years so I’ve probably got most of the stuff that isn’t exclusive.

Motorstorm Apocalypse was surprisingly good fun, Bomberman Ultra one of the best modern versions of the game, and Gran Turismo... get 6 even though there isn't a massive difference from 5 (it's just a tidier game).

Non-exclusives I really enjoyed were Bioshock 1 & 2, Mafia II (much better story than any GTA), and Undead Nightmare.

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to toddle off to Currys today and pick up a new Logitech wheel/pedals/shifter bundle cheap(ish), so just installed the ProjectCars2 demo, Shift2 (cheap on Steam at the mo) and when I get around to it, I'll add F1 2017... although that might be long enough that it ends up as F1 2018 Wink

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:09 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:

The Last of Us, Uncharted, Dante's Inferno, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Sigma 2 (not an exclusive, but slightly different to the Xbox versions), God of War, Infamous 1 and 2.

There's several hundred hours of solid, enjoyable gameplay and probably pick up the lot for a grand total of about £20.

Nb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
I really wan to get PUBG but every time I look at reviews on Steam they are slating something in huge numbers of negative reviews.

At the moment it appears to be full of hackers and Chinese people and much rubber banding happening.

Anyone play and experience that shit? I can't stand when cheats / hackers / exploiters are allowed to run wild without the devs doing anything about it, just fucking ruins the game.

Pubg on the pc works ok, not really come across any actual cheaters. I also have pubg on the xboxone s and its shit, laggy as fuck and plays like it has downsyndrome. Badly ported to xbox for the money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Mario Kart 8 on the Switch.
An excellent little console.
I'm glad they've concentrated on the gaming side of things rather than web browsers etc.

Last edited by recman on 10:21 - 28 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Mario Kart is great. Got in on the Wii-U, contemplated buying a switch but in all honesty I've an Xbox One, PS4 and a Wii-U. The wife complains I spend too much time on them as it is.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:48 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

just started playing DOOM....to me its DOOM4 as I'm that old!! I never got doom3 running that well and it seemed about 5 years before most peoples rigs could max it out.... a simple 1060GTX and max settings has D4 flat out at my screens cap limit of 60fps

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is PUBG still worth getting , or is due to be superseded by a more finished product?

Found it cheapest on Amazon for under £20 (Steam Key) Confused

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:16 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
An excellent little console and I'm glad they've concentrated on the gaming side of things rather than web browsers etc.

I struggle with it on single player, doesn't feel right unless it's multiplayer to me.

I'm still hammering Odyssey, completed the story line with around 280 moons, but that unlocks new stuff to do, a lot more since it goes up to 999 moons, I'm at 400 now as they rack up quick. I would probably advise people to do the bare minimum (124) and complete the story line quickly cos a lot of the moons don't appear until after you beat Bowser so you end up exploring the same areas all over again.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue_Shadow wrote:
Is PUBG still worth getting , or is due to be superseded by a more finished product?

Found it cheapest on Amazon for under £20 (Steam Key) Confused

I think the hackers spoil it, that is what I've read, I've a friend who plays it on the pc and he hardly plays now through all the cheating. The developers have not addressed rudimentary problems with the game. Instead he is playing H1Z1 which is much of the same but £3.74 on steam sale which finishes January 4th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/433850/H1Z1/

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Mrs bought me AC Origins for Xmas, which I'm really enjoying so far, and is graphically very impressive on the Pro. I bought myself COD WW2 which is the first COD I've liked the look of in years, and is actually pretty damn good, both single player and online. First time I've played a console shooter online since MW2 I think.

Still playing through Wolfenstein 2 on the PC, but just not feeling it as much as I did with The New Order for some reason.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irn-Bru wrote:
recman wrote:
An excellent little console and I'm glad they've concentrated on the gaming side of things rather than web browsers etc.

I struggle with it on single player, doesn't feel right unless it's multiplayer to me.

I'm still hammering Odyssey, completed the story line with around 280 moons, but that unlocks new stuff to do, a lot more since it goes up to 999 moons, I'm at 400 now as they rack up quick. I would probably advise people to do the bare minimum (124) and complete the story line quickly cos a lot of the moons don't appear until after you beat Bowser so you end up exploring the same areas all over again.

I bought the Switch for my daughter, we only really race each other but it's a big laugh.
Odyssey is her game so I won't be playing that.

I've just dipped my toe into GT Sport. Enjoying it. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
Still playing through Wolfenstein 2 on the PC, but just not feeling it as much as I did with The New Order for some reason.

The zero punctuation guy hates it, but his argument seems to be why carry on with Wolfenstein post-New Order at all (he basically said the same thing about Old Blood). I agree with some of his comments about stealth being harder etc., but not so much the story.

The brief bit in zero g in NO was probably my highlight of the game, and I wish they'd had more, maybe they should have gone back to the moon rather than [spoiler] Venus (a tad unbelievable). Some of the cut scenes were brilliant though, and the rest seemed pretty standard FPS stuff.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of buying Blood Bowl 2 its discounted this week

Or, do I buy the gaming pass on Xbox instead?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:01 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Instead? It's currently a quid for a month: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8/0001 Smile SOme good stuff on there but I already own a lot of it, or at least the stuff I'd be interested in.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:53 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

I keep thinking about getting this, I'm just wondering if it's worth it as I've got the first one.

Also thinking of getting Total War: Warhammer 2, anybody played this and how does it compare to the other Total War games.

Still playing:
Stelliars
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands
F1 2016
Project Cars

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

Instead? It's currently a quid for a month: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8/0001 Smile SOme good stuff on there but I already own a lot of it, or at least the stuff I'd be interested in.

for a month, and then it goes up, and I wonder just how easy it is to cancel, I seem to remember before I used voucher codes what a pain it was to cancel an ongoing subscription to a gold account

also, I doubt that they make the legendary edition with lots of extras available

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

Also thinking of getting Total War: Warhammer 2, anybody played this and how does it compare to the other Total War games.

Is it turn based? I don't like "real time" or similar games, like Shadow of the Horned rat, I'm just too fumbly with the controls.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started playing Doom (2016) last night.
Not gripping me like the original version did.

Have ordered Elite Dangerous.
Do I need an xbox gold account as well to play this?

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:44 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Is it turn based? I don't like "real time" or similar games, like Shadow of the Horned rat, I'm just too fumbly with the controls.

Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition, with is what I have, has both.
I've only ever played it as turn based as I hear real time is a bit messed up.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:01 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Started playing Doom (2016) last night.
Not gripping me like the original version did.

Have ordered Elite Dangerous.
Do I need an xbox gold account as well to play this?

Do you mean online? You need a gold sub' for all online multiplayer.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 30 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodi is now available on the Xbox One Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 89 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 14 of 64