Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look in the app store later, still not sure what it does

I'm currently having a break from World of Tanks to watch NYE and fireworks etc

then I've got to grind another 16k damage overnight, and I've got all the Christmas ops goodies Laughing Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Allows you to steal shit* with the right plugin(s) Smile

*TV, movies, sports etc.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

got need for speed payback for xmas

half decent racing game

also got somthing called road rage

cross between nfs and road rash

its terrible one to sell on I think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought myself used ps3 and GT6 for the first time. It needed whole day for upgrading. This is just great compared to PS2 GT series.
Other softs I bought but not played yet are F1 2013, Wangan mid night, Driver San Francisco, Ridgeracer7, Okami HD.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:
Bought myself used ps3 and GT6 for the first time. It needed whole day for upgrading. This is just great compared to PS2 GT series.
Other softs I bought but not played yet are F1 2013, Wangan mid night, Driver San Francisco, Ridgeracer7, Okami HD.

Get Last of Us and Uncharted. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:

Only a day? When I bought my PS3 GT5 took 2 days to update Folded arms These were my highlights. I was gonna mention F1 2012*/13 as well, '13 is the one to get as it has classic F1 content (although some of it is DLC), and you can't buy the game anymore digitally due to licenses expiring. I actually completed Driver SF but thought it was pretty naff.

*'12 had better wheel support which they ruined with a community patch (no idea why devs listen to internet experts Rolling Eyes)

Last edited by M.C on 14:33 - 01 Jan 2018; edited 1 time in total

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:33 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okami is fantastic. It's very Zelda-esque. I loved it.
I went out and bought Deus Ex Mankind Divided on Boxing Day, so I've been blasting through that - then realised it's January's Instant Game Collection game. If it was any more than a fiver, I might have been annoyed.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

Allows you to steal shit* with the right plugin(s) Smile

*TV, movies, sports etc.

Does anyone have any links for simple guide on how to use this app on Xbox one?

I've searched for a while, and either get news stories, or youtube videos announcing the launch, or incomprehensible discussions, or articles predating the app, telling me how to work around

I've fumbled around for a few minutes and got no where, PVR clients, add on couldn't be loaded etc, it's a mystery to me

edit: actually I'm following a pre Xbox set up guide on youtube, and am getting stuck in Shocked hope I don't mess it up Laughing

Last edited by thx1138 on 16:05 - 01 Jan 2018; edited 1 time in total

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven co-op, anyone? Half Life 1, Opposing Force, Blue Shift all bunged into one game, specially designed for online multiplayer, including the usual deathmatch and team game sorts of stuff, and also (the best bit) an online co-op version of the games on story mode with as many players as you like.

Free on Steam.

How did I not hear about this until now?

Best discovery ever Very Happy

Last edited by Lord Percy on 19:32 - 01 Jan 2018; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Does anyone have any links for simple guide on how to use this app on Xbox one?

I've searched for a while, and either get news stories, or youtube videos announcing the launch, or incomprehensible discussions, or articles predating the app, telling me how to work around

I've fumbled around for a few minutes and got no where, PVR clients, add on couldn't be loaded etc, it's a mystery to me

edit: actually I'm following a pre Xbox set up guide on youtube, and am getting stuck in Shocked hope I don't mess it up Laughing

My guy* can't make up his mind about what TV/movie add-on to use. With Exodus dead/dying (some people still reckon it works for them), he's recommended Covenant, Rebirth and now Neptune rising. I tired Covenant which had very few sources (and only SD), Rebirth on the other hand seems pretty good (not tried Neptune Rising).

*here are his instructions for installing UKturk: https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-uk-turks-playlists-kodi-xbmc/ With Phoenix gone it's the only sports add-on I use (dunno if there are other good ones).

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Thumbs Up

"Failed to install a dependency" whatever that means.

I've given up with this now, after spending a couple of hours mucking about with it and getting no where at all, can't even get it to play anything, not trailers, not music, not stuff already on my xbox, too complicated for me.

edit: I deleted all changes, uninstalled and reinstalled, and giving it one last go now I've found an xbox specific tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRnni2neuP

finally, got somewhere, using a different guide, from you tube user blkphoto Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video unavailable? Just tried a few plugins myself, only bit of UKturk that worked was the Youtube plugin Neutral Rebirth didn't work either, along with Neptune Rising but there's another video plugin included in the same repo called Placenta (Confused) that works.

Also someone here's using 'Fantastic' along with what looks like one of those custom skin: https://vimeo.com/249037504

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it to work in the end Thumbs Up

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:38 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never winter nights 2, forgot how good this game was.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:16 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started Elite Dangerous.

Takes me back 30 years to playing the (almost) original version at work on early pcs.

Excellent game.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Just started Elite Dangerous.

Takes me back 30 years to playing the (almost) original version at work on early pcs.

Excellent game.

Bookmark these guys....
https://www.fuelrats.com/

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently started playing COD again on PC. a few years ago i bought a 360 and played COD 4 and BO1 online but life got in the way.

18months or so i upgraded my PC and got into Black Ops 3 (like obsessed with it) and all of a sudden it stop running properly. Thinking about it, it didn't run that well when it launched so i got irritated and stop playing, I think it was a couple of bad patches that did it. Then i moved house and lost interest when the supply drop stuff started taking off.

Ended up buying WW2 and upgrading my PC in November last year. Ryzen 1600X with a new board/DDR4 etc but still using a 4GB R9 380. I am loving the online play although it needs DLC soon or is might start to get boring.. the challenges are quite fun to do though Thumbs Up

Anyone else playing WW2 on PC?

*i probably should have just kept my FX8320 system and bought a PS pro. Console, it seems, has come a very long way since the 360/ps3 days. Would have been cheaper too

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the days of online COD 2 on the 360, circa 2006

there were no power ups, or presitges, just the game for the games sake, and conversation in the lobbies, was most of the time quite interesting and intelligent

oh well

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it further through Borderlands 2 than I did before but now I am really stuck and running low on cash after too many respawns. Time to watch some YouTube runs to see how to beat this particular bit! I had forgotten how much I liked it though Thumbs Up
pktun This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 04 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
I made it further through Borderlands 2 than I did before but now I am really stuck and running low on cash after too many respawns. Time to watch some YouTube runs to see how to beat this particular bit! I had forgotten how much I liked it though Thumbs Up

It's one of the few games I've fully completed. I was actually disappointed when there was nothing left to do.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 04 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doing it old school on the SNES mini, playing Mega Drive games, mainly Road Rash and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

I played MJ's Moonwalker on the Master System as a kid, but the Mega Drive version's even worse. It's all kinds of wrong now, you go around rescuing children who do a little dance at crotch height when you find them:

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/15/13/82/47/mj10.jpg

Laughing It's so bad its good. Road Rash 3 I'm genuinely impressed with considering the era, I had the first one on the Amiga but the 2nd and 3rd were Mega Drive only so I never got to play them. Also gave Streets of Rage 2 a go (played it on someones MD as a kid) which still seemed good so I'll probably move onto that next.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:46 - 05 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Still doing it old school on the SNES mini, playing Mega Drive games, mainly Road Rash and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

I played MJ's Moonwalker on the Master System as a kid, but the Mega Drive version's even worse. It's all kinds of wrong now, you go around rescuing children who do a little dance at crotch height when you find them:

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/15/13/82/47/mj10.jpg

Laughing It's so bad its good. Road Rash 3 I'm genuinely impressed with considering the era, I had the first one on the Amiga but the 2nd and 3rd were Mega Drive only so I never got to play them. Also gave Streets of Rage 2 a go (played it on someones MD as a kid) which still seemed good so I'll probably move onto that next.

I'm having a little play around with the mega drive I bought my daughter for Xmas.
Alex Kid is just as good as I remember but it brings me to the conclusion that the games of today are softer and easier.
You can get shot a few times in COD and carry on but anything collides with you in Alex Kid, you die.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 05 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
waffles wrote:

It's one of the few games I've fully completed. I was actually disappointed when there was nothing left to do.

Have you done the DLC bits? I haven't yet but have been told that Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is very good.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 05 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'm having a little play around with the mega drive I bought my daughter for Xmas.
Alex Kid is just as good as I remember but it brings me to the conclusion that the games of today are softer and easier.
You can get shot a few times in COD and carry on but anything collides with you in Alex Kid, you die.

Definitely. I like how you only get a certain amount of lives with some games, then they basically say start again you mong Very Happy Imagine a current FPS doing that.

I can't believe how hard Street Fighter II is. I downloaded The New Challengers (the last of the ST2 variants), as it's meant to have more balanced characters etc... still can't win a fight Crying or Very sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 15 of 64