Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
M.C wrote:
It stays in there until it's read, then it moves to the sentbox. Thanks Thumbs Up

Pity you've got to download shit before you play it. Sad I would recommend the Radical round Oulton Park Middle Finger

Edit: Spent far to much on a game lol but it's another one of my addictions to things that cost money.

I actually got the Radical free when I originally signed up to iRacing (back in '09), and I've had many happy miles around Oulton (my fav' UK circuit).

Yeah my internet's being crappy as well, I once destroyed my iRating when I was having connection issues Rolling Eyes I gave the Fiesta Rallycross car a go, it's better than the Beetle but the brakes still lock really easy Confused

Just downloading Le Mans now but it's taking ages. Do you have all the DLC in Assetto Corsa BTW? I've got most of it (only missing the ready to race pack) if you wanted to borrow it. Also got quite a lot of content in Raceroom.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:31 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
It stays in there until it's read, then it moves to the sentbox. Thanks Thumbs Up

Also got quite a lot of content in Raceroom.[/quote]

I'm ok for now thanks M.C Already got too much shit to try as it is.

Edit I'm a frickin edjit and can't do quotes properly. Quotes 101 needed.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:03 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm retiring for the evening, thanks again Thumbs Up

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:03 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
COD:WW2

Got it for my birthday, and just playing through the story at the minute. Definitely enjoying it more than the last couple.

what platform?

add me on psn if anyone plays ww2. PonyPower87

Last edited by pompousporcupine on 15:13 - 29 Jan 2018; edited 1 time in total

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:12 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Indeed, what a cool guy.

Playing WW2 and Fortnite mainly now. Jumped on Destiny 2 to compete for the Rockstar Crucible challenge. Mr. Green PC players getting fucked while I use a controller Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:37 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
M.C wrote:

Indeed, what a cool guy.

That was probably an £1000 account he trusted me with. Subscription service + most of the content being DLC. I'm willing to bet their are peple who have spent more on WoW, or maybe even GTA online.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:47 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, my friend and I console share on Xbox and he has about 230 games on there...I have about 5. Neutral Proper lad though.

Nice to have trusting people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Give me a shout anytime. You never fucked with my (bad) stats so you can comeback Smile

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up Assetto Corsa and the DLC for ~£20 last night. Forgotten just how good the game is, especially with a wheel, I literally spent all night doing hot laps on Nurburg GP and the ring, awesome game. Graphically it's nothing special, but the handling model and the sound are absolute quality.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
Picked up Assetto Corsa and the DLC for ~£20 last night. Forgotten just how good the game is, especially with a wheel, I literally spent all night doing hot laps on Nurburg GP and the ring, awesome game. Graphically it's nothing special, but the handling model and the sound are absolute quality.

Thumbs Up Driving games (sims Razz) are fun.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
M.C wrote:

That was probably an £1000 account he trusted me with. Subscription service + most of the content being DLC. I'm willing to bet their are peple who have spent more on WoW, or maybe even GTA online.

I've spent more in isk for Eve Online. PVP is an expensive business, wife would have killed me if she knew how much. Shocked

Last edited by struan80 on 02:44 - 30 Jan 2018; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:

The sounds are often criticised Razz I think they're hit and miss, Raceroom has amazing sounds. I don't love AC the same way I did their previous title (netKar-PRO), being into single seaters and how uncompromising nKPro was. I fully get the direction they went with AC, GT3 cars ( Sleeping) etc., but laser-scanned tracks are a massive bonus for me.

Outside of iRacing they're the only people regularly doing it, I think Raceroom and Forza scanned the Ring, and pCARS 1 did a few UK circuits.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:45 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Rob W wrote:

The sounds are often criticised Razz I think they're hit and miss, Raceroom has amazing sounds. I don't love AC the same way I did their previous title (netKar-PRO), being into single seaters and how uncompromising nKPro was. I fully get the direction they went with AC, GT3 cars ( Sleeping) etc., but laser-scanned tracks are a massive bonus for me.

Outside of iRacing they're the only people regularly doing it, I think Raceroom and Forza scanned the Ring, and pCARS 1 did a few UK circuits.

I see you were driving the A90 on Le Mans. Nice choice Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:11 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spun it about 4 times on the outlap then gave up Razz I didn't think iR logged test sessions? The weakness with the tyre model's how it loses grip IMO, something unnatural about the way it goes. In saying that the most fun I had was a week 13 event (ages ago) when they had the Legends car running on road courses. Those things slide everywhere.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:56 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest Gran Turismo, any good? I hear you can't mod the cars the same as before is that true?

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:15 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pompousporcupine wrote:
CBFcarl wrote:
COD:WW2

Got it for my birthday, and just playing through the story at the minute. Definitely enjoying it more than the last couple.

what platform?

add me on psn if anyone plays ww2. PonyPower87

XBox One, but if anyone wants a game, its Carl182

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 18:26 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Latest Gran Turismo, any good? I hear you can't mod the cars the same as before is that true?

The only way to mod them is in the settings menu. You mod them with 'mileage points'

It's alright. Not worth £40 IMO. They are adding lots of features it was basically half finished.

I played it for a while and in the end put GT2 on my PSP and had more fun Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:45 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
It's alright. Not worth £40 IMO. They are adding lots of features it was basically half finished.

Like every GT then Smile The second game on that gen' of consoles always seem to be the complete one.

chris-red wrote:
I played it for a while and in the end put GT2 on my PSP and had more fun Laughing

I still have to try GT2 on my dreamcast. Did you ever play the PSP ver. of Gran Turismo? I remember it being alright for a handheld racing game (which isn't saying much).

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in Gran Turismo Sport, spent 3 hours making pictures. Very addictive, I must say. I never liked the feature in GT4 (PS2). Thumbs Up

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

No, you cannot, but it really isn't an issue.

But, here's what I think of the GT sport

The singleplayer is only good for you to learn the tracks, how to drive the cars and how to use the HUD. There is no challenge whatsoever finishing the whole single player content. It used to be challenging, but then angry parents wrote a letter to Polyphony digital and they then decided to release a patch that made everything much easier to quote: ''allow a smoother game experience''. = tl; dr: They give you more time and made the AI slower, so you may finish everything on gold the first time you play.

The online racing, now that is an interesting one. It is fun to compete with humananoids, but every race is as good as the racers in it and when you're a beginner you drive with all sorts of, well let's say not so good and vindictive drivers. The key thing here is the ''Sportsmanship Rating'' (SR). While driving online, you gain SR points for clean racing and you also lose SR points for everything else. SR points is what determines the matchmaking. Now, don't take this like the S rank drivers all play nice, but there are less stupid/vindictive people in the higher ranks.

The SR system got improved a lot since the launch of the game. So it now works pretty well. Before the patching the penalisation system didn't really work, as when someone rammed you, you could end up with a penalty and SR points deduction, for nothing. This happens less nowadays and the system starts to work properly = only the culprits are being punished.

What's superb about the GT Sport, is the actual gameplay and how well it is suited for gamepad. Driving the cars is actually fun and ''real enough''.

Cars selection is good and every car is nicely done with well balanced driving feel. But, you don't really have to buy cars, nothing really motivates you to do so, as you get one very single day (daily challenge drive about 50km, not sure right now) and you're going to be getting cars for finishing the single player challenges and other milestones in the game. I only buy those cars, that I want to use for scapes/taking pictures.

Tracks are alright as well. No classic GT tracks, though.

TL; DR: It is a good game, I like it. But I got it on sale and do not advice you to pay full price for it. Try a pre-owned copy first. This isn't a regular Gran Turismo game. This is a online racing (e-sport?) game, that happens to have some single player content.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 23:47 - 31 Jan 2018; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:46 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
The SR system got improved a lot since the launch of the game. So it now works pretty well. Before the patching the penalisation system didn't really work, as when someone rammed you, you could end up with a penalty and SR points deduction, for nothing. This happens less nowadays and the system starts to work properly = only the culprits are being punished.

So better than the iRacing system (which started the whole thing) that blames and penalises both drivers Rolling Eyes All it leads to is drivers doing c**ty moves and expecting you to jump out the way, as unfortunately a lot of people do.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:04 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

So better than the iRacing system (which started the whole thing) that blames and penalises both drivers Rolling Eyes All it leads to is drivers doing c**ty moves and expecting you to jump out the way, as unfortunately a lot of people do.

They improved the SR system a lot. Even the ''undesirable behaviour'' prediction system got improved. I'm talking about the system that turns the culprit into a ghost before he/she can ram you off the track. I know this takes a lot of realism out of the game, but it also makes the game less frustrating to play when you get a kamikaze on the grid.

But as said in my post above, it takes some time before you gain enough SR points to advance into the higher ranks, where there are mostly people who play nice.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up Bioshock: The Collection from Amazon for £16, three games should keep me going to a while.

I played through the main story of Borderlands 2 and have mopped up most of the DLC. Just a couple of missions that I need to level up a bit first before I try.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
I picked up Bioshock: The Collection from Amazon for £16, three games should keep me going to a while.

I picked it up a while back and still haven't played it Embarassed I played a bit of the Burial at Sea DLC round a pals which convinced me to buy it, as I didn't like the main Infinite game. 1 & 2 were really good although I never completed the second one (another reason I got the collection).

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

No the modding sucks, it's just sliders for power and weight. You can up the limits of the sliders using mileage points. Don't think of it as a GT game and it is less depressing.

The focus is online, which really is a damn shame as the defining feature of GT games was the career progression from a shitty used scooby/Supra to a GT/F1 car. I don't want to hang around with people in my work time, let alone my free time so online play is not at all appealing. The SP campaign is extremely limited, but still a welcome addition.

I paid £20, I don't feel ripped off but I couldn't advocate spending a penny more. YMMV if you like spending time interacting with strangers.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 18 of 64