Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite into Mudrunner on the console now, like hooning around in the jeeps, though at times some of the missions feel more like a chore than a game
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:37 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
I have been having a read around. I didn't realize the weapon bloom was quite so random. Too much Battlefield and COD, I guess.

Yep, afraid I suffer the same. Raged yesterday because I came 2nd due to pure RNG. Purple SCAR vs green AR... I should have won, 36 to the head and 3 shot kill.

Nope, all missed despite being on target, fucking game Laughing So close.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 29 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissapointed with the TT game for PC. Can't use analog sticks for throttle/brake.

On-off or some half arsed analog simulation with pulses of on/off. No good when you're modulating the throttle.

Developers need a boot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 02:54 - 30 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing Far Cry 5 on the PC with a friend in Co Op mode and there's some really annoying shit going on.

The last game I played properly was Ghost Recon Wildlands and loved it. We played that in Co Op too.

FC5 though... it's like the completely lamed out on the Co Op side by tethering you to your mate but not letting you stray too far and if you do, teleports you to them automatically?! Why can't you at least roam the map without the other person?

Also, all the progress saves on the person who hosts the game, which was myself and we racked up 7 hours on launch day. Now he HAS to play with me or do it all again on his own.

The game is seriously geared towards getting you to buy in game credits / money with real money to progress. Everything is orientated towards purchasing weapons, ammo, vehicles, etc.

They shamefully bombard you with messages to replenish ammo and you can only adjust your weapons at a weapon vendor shop where you can also very handily purchase shit with real money too.

The CooP mode pisses me off the way they'e done it though, really lazy and dumb ass way of implementing it. Fuck, I remember this same system on Blades of Vengence on the Mega Drive 25 years ago?

All that said, it's a very nice looking game with everything ramped on ultra @ 4K. I have it running on my projector in HDR too and shit looks so fucking good. As long as you only play CooP together and don't mind those limitations, it's very immersive.

The visuals, cut scenes, music and story is very good. The cut scenes are perhaps a little too heavy and find myself skipping them but there's some really random shit going on too, very trippy visuals and randomness which seemingly comes from nowhere. I think we did a scene where it was like we were in hell escaping from a burning house... it came of out nowhere though.

I do like some of the companions you can have with you though, like cheese burger the bear or boomer the dog, etc.

Visually, it looks a bit better than Ghost Recon Wildlands but GRW is a better game overall, far more polished but I will carry on playing, I think we only have about 10 hours in it so far.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 30 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the new TT game (PC, xbox 360 controller), it's alright, I guess. The visuals are very nice, the game runs well, even the gameplay feels good, but the difficulty is ridiculous. Not the AI, but the controls. As always, in every single driving/riding game, I turn every driving/riding aid off to have some challenge, but in this game well. I just can't get used to the front brake and crash a lot. You know how you on a motorcycle may gradually squeeze the brake lever without locking up the wheel? Not in this game.

I also do not enjoy the motorcycle selection. Some slower bikes would be much appreciated (a future DLC?).

The first time I turned the game on, I went to the Iom and it took me about 29 minutes to finish a lap. A lot of crashing, randomly losing grip, locking up the front wheel, going over the crest and motorcycle turning sideways...

6/10, get it on sale. It still entertains me enough to go back and play some more, but there is a lot of frustration involved.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 30 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Got the new TT game (PC, xbox 360 controller), it's alright, I guess. The visuals are very nice, the game runs well, even the gameplay feels good, but the difficulty is ridiculous. Not the AI, but the controls. As always, in every single driving/riding game, I turn every driving/riding aid off to have some challenge, but in this game well. I just can't get used to the front brake and crash a lot. You know how you on a motorcycle may gradually squeeze the brake lever without locking up the wheel? Not in this game.

I also do not enjoy the motorcycle selection. Some slower bikes would be much appreciated (a future DLC?).

The first time I turned the game on, I went to the Iom and it took me about 29 minutes to finish a lap. A lot of crashing, randomly losing grip, locking up the front wheel, going over the crest and motorcycle turning sideways...

6/10, get it on sale. It still entertains me enough to go back and play some more, but there is a lot of frustration involved.

Agree, the superbikes are a lot more difficult to handle and need gears throwing at them so fast.. The 600s and I've managed to podium on the welsh circuit and the big triangle one. Very Happy

Using Inputmapper for the PS4 controller and finally got use of the sticks and force feedback. Now to configure that independent front/rear so I can ride the crests faster i.e stop flinging Anstey into the sky.

Overall a 6/10 but with more DLC and patches could be 9/10.
Just chuffed to have a TT game. Cool

Last edited by Howling Terror on 19:19 - 30 Mar 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 30 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
The game is seriously geared towards getting you to buy in game credits / money with real money to progress. Everything is orientated towards purchasing weapons, ammo, vehicles, etc.

They shamefully bombard you with messages to replenish ammo and you can only adjust your weapons at a weapon vendor shop where you can also very handily purchase shit with real money too.

This is what GTA Online has become. All the "free" DLC is really payware using the in game currency. Buy warehouse/clubhouse/hangar/bunker/facility for large sum for which every minor customisation, and there are many, needs another large sum. Then get spammed to buy the latest boondongle to add to your facility which is ridiculously overpriced. You can start making in game money back doing missions, but they have to be in the public forum, which is usually full of hackers and OP weaponised griefers and the payouts are poor at best, unless you grind the shit out of them. This has resulted in users buying Shark Cards, and Rockstar going on an extreme ban wave on any players using exploits in the badly done code to make money, meanwhile leaving level 8000 hackers and mod menu users alone.

It would seem that this is the way for mega budget AAA titles to make lots of money. Rockstar purportedly made $500 million of Shark Cards, so the incentive for other large publishers to go the same route must be massive. You can then afford to sell your game at half price in 6 months or re-package it with a "Criminal Enterprise Starter Kit" for even more than you sold it initially, since you will make bank on online purchases from impatient users who really must spend $300/£600 (two figures I've seen quoted) or some other astronomical sum (try an alleged $2500 for a Swedish Youtuber who makes his ad money from GTA videos demoing all the latest toys, and he still got banned) just to have the latest online shiny toys.

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:57 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegade X.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortnite has taken a large chunk of my downtime.

Another game geared to get you buying ingame credits for XP boosts and nicer skins etc.

You can play just fine for free though.

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

finished assasins creed origins, much better than the last several, gameplay wise feels more like an RPG than the other entries though the pacing of the main story is a bit off.

also finished life is strange before the storm, not a patch on the original series though, somewhat disappointed.

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:19 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much just il2:BoX these days online. Kuban update (evacuation of Crimea) has really got me back into it. Just with a stick and track ir, looking to get some pedals some day. Very hyped for their next expansion, 1945 western front and maybe the pacific down the road with the Rise of Flight redux somewhere in the middle.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/931552518631351450/57300EA1E76A3334E9D30CF0CDA27656CF54FB6E/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927052724065847529/CC63AB109047BDA8EC8B3709A1C7C8DECD785465/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/916913175320138776/326DF5ACEDC37A3FCB1252D6B982E2D404A369FB/

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tdibs wrote:
Pretty much just il2:BoX these days online. Kuban update (evacuation of Crimea) has really got me back into it. Just with a stick and track ir, looking to get some pedals some day. Very hyped for their next expansion, 1945 western front and maybe the pacific down the road with the Rise of Flight redux somewhere in the middle.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/931552518631351450/57300EA1E76A3334E9D30CF0CDA27656CF54FB6E/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927052724065847529/CC63AB109047BDA8EC8B3709A1C7C8DECD785465/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/916913175320138776/326DF5ACEDC37A3FCB1252D6B982E2D404A369FB/

I used to love IL2, used to play it on the pc for way longer than I should but then that could be said for most games.
Bought it for the Ps3, it was ok but didn't have the same appeal as playing it with a fully adjustable joystick.
https://s9.postimg.org/3wghds28v/20180409_151026.jpg

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 09 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing Unity (currently 99p on CDKeys for the xbox version), am now playing Black Flag.

I tried the original Assassins Creed on the pc when it first came out, lasted about 10 minutes before giving up due to the crappy movement thing. On a console and 10 years or more later it's doable.

Syndicate is one of the 'free' games on Xbox live this month, have also bought Origins. Shall be all Assassined out in a month or so.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:45 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game free with Xbox Gold this week is The Witness

Very good puzzle game which im currently addicted to /stuck on...

No clues, no hints or trying to get you to go a certain way. Just dropped into the island and set on your way.

Anyone else played it?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on GT Sport but I seem to have hit a bit of a wall.
The difficulty level has been steadily increasing, which is what I expected, but the level has now suddenly jumped to ridiculous.
Bit of a shame really because I was enjoying this game.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:32 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was briefly playing Cars 2 which was an xbox freebie this month.

keep fiddling with the stupid mobile game Threes. Embarassed

Found my copy of Civ 4, and got windows 7 back on my laptop, but can't find my beyond the sword expansion. So don't wanna use Steam to download it, and not sure about playing Civ4 vanilla.

Didn't like Civ 5 that much, and my laptop isn't up to Civ 6, but I'm always a few years behind in the Civ curve, so will get around to it one day.

Guess I'll try installing Civ4 vanilla, and see how I get along for a week or two.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not done a whole lap of the TT on PC game. Embarassed Smile

I went for career mode and seemingly doing endless laps of the Antrim speed circuit 43rd on the leaderboard...I'm not very consistent which isn't helped by the bike lowsiding or slo-mo highsiding out of corners. Yeah yeah definitely the physics of this game are wrong. Laughing

There are some tracks where massive jumps are to be had at top speed. Enjoyable despite poor options for 'other' controllers i.e I want rear brake on left trigger...Can't be done at present even though the latest patch has added some controller support. Linked brakes may explain some of the crashes.....Nope I just crash a lot.

Game is growing on me....I like the Suter. Want 250s 125s and supertwins. Sidecars are incoming. Thumbs Up

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
The difficulty level has been steadily increasing, which is what I expected, but the level has now suddenly jumped to ridiculous.

What's your DR and SR?

I'm currently at B and S, played it for the first time in about 3 months last night, did a 1:59.6 at Nurburgring and qualified 10th, Laughing. The guy on pole was 3 seconds a lap quicker, god knows how.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
recman wrote:

What's your DR and SR?

I'm currently at B and S, played it for the first time in about 3 months last night, did a 1:59.6 at Nurburgring and qualified 10th, Laughing. The guy on pole was 3 seconds a lap quicker, god knows how.

I'm just trying to complete the F1500 races in the professional category in the campaign.
Iirc, the last time I launched a controller at a wall was while playing one of the old GT versions.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought PUBG three days ago. It's good fun.

I die a lot Razz

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:24 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got theHunter: Call of the Wild with Xbox Game Pass. I thought it'd be a shitty game which will give me quick, easy achievement points.

It's nice to be wrong. In this instance, twice.

It's really good, if incredibly frustrating. A complete exercise in patience. And it's not quick either. I've sank a few days in to this now and I've barely scratched the surface.
For a freebie (or part of a subscription, anyway) it's fantastic!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:48 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of this month's ps+ offerings is Mad Max.
It's an expansive open world game, post apocalyptic GTA style.
I quite like it. Thumbs Up

Shinigami
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

On final fantasy 15 at the min, or fishing simulator..or...masterchef...not sure which is more prominent at the mo

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 10:19 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
One of this month's ps+ offerings is Mad Max.
It's an expansive open world game, post apocalyptic GTA style.
I quite like it. Thumbs Up

I bought that when it came out I really enjoyed it, I felt like it wasn't as popular as it should have been.

I'm currently playing loads of games.

God of War 3 (I'm gonna but the new one first price drop)
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Half Life Source
Half Life 2
Ocarina of Time 3d
Occasisionally FFXV and GT Sport too.

Just bought 'PC Building Simulator' which looks interesting.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 27 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Still not done a whole lap of the TT on PC game. Embarassed Smile

Any better since the update was released? I was just gonna buy it but it's sold out on CDkeys Crying or Very sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 327 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 21 of 64