Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:33 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play CQC Arena in Elite Dangerous a lot.. here someone's stream from yesterday.. I found myself in one game Smile

https://youtu.be/zPHzbHXHrvs?t=2h3m29s

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I briefly played SEGA Streets of Rage today. Briefly. One co-op game, and then uninstalled it from my xbox one.

One of May's freebies, but it's a 360 freebie, a SEGA Classic apparently, so presumably ported from the Megadrive.

It was dire. Not that I'm opposed to side scrolling beat 'em ups. I was never that great at most of them, a bit better at the platform types like Shinobi, but even as a freebie, this was just - yawn. zzz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I briefly played SEGA Streets of Rage today. Briefly. One co-op game, and then uninstalled it from my xbox one.

One of May's freebies, but it's a 360 freebie, a SEGA Classic apparently, so presumably ported from the Megadrive.

It was dire. Not that I'm opposed to side scrolling beat 'em ups. I was never that great at most of them, a bit better at the platform types like Shinobi, but even as a freebie, this was just - yawn. zzz

I've got Streets of Rage 2 on the SNES mini and really enjoy it Embarassed I tried a demo of the 360 port (probably the first game) years ago and thought it was shit.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3 brothers in law aged 16, 19 and 22 are all asking me if I'm into Fortnight. I don't have the faintest idea
what they are on about other than "It's a free game!" which is all I can squeeze out of them.
Anyone with a greater than 4 words plus assorted grunts vocabulary care to explain?

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
My 3 brothers in law aged 16, 19 and 22 are all asking me if I'm into Fortnight. I don't have the faintest idea
what they are on about other than "It's a free game!" which is all I can squeeze out of them.
Anyone with a greater than 4 words plus assorted grunts vocabulary care to explain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDTXQA8DGpo

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

The free part is battle royale.
Xbox, PS4 or Pc, iPhone too, not Android.
Super simple concept.Kill others, be the last to die. Solo, due or 4 squad. They've just recently ended a 50v50 which can be a riot.
There is building. Some people are building Gods, others not so much.
Building can take a bit of getting used to.
Old farts can win! But you will die a lot.
Cartoon graphics. Runs really well in xbox, haven't played on pc or ps4.
A new season has just started, some people spend lots of money for new skins, cosmetics etc.

It's free, just try it!

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Ocarina of Time 3d

I still rate Ocarina of Time the, the greatest game ever made.

I know other games have surpassed every part of it, but nothing has ever had the same impact or surpassed all of it at once.

It was quite simply a wondrous experience all those years ago.
I have been playing it on Project 64 and love it all over again. Anyone that never played it has missed out on gaming gold.

Oh and I am following this channel religiously for a couple of years.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CryZENx
Dreams can come true.

Last edited by Pjay on 14:02 - 03 May 2018; edited 3 times in total

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 03 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Fortnite is pretty fun. I have solo wins and I'm no gaming master, so it really is open for everyone.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 08 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free dollah in GTA V - $250k + $150k for each day you sign in over the next week, which I think is basically benefits for GTA online Smile

I went to do it then realised my character had vanished... come to think of it I don't think I ever transferred it from the PS3. Man I was like Rank 3 or something Crying or Very sad

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Free dollah in GTA V - $250k + $150k for each day you sign in over the next week, which I think is basically benefits for GTA online Smile

I went to do it then realised my character had vanished... come to think of it I don't think I ever transferred it from the PS3. Man I was like Rank 3 or something Crying or Very sad

Your free 1 million won't buy you much, since GTA Online prices are now vastly overinflated. You will also get shit on massively if you are low level, since weaponised vehicles and jet shitters are common in freeroam lobbies and you are easy fodder to feed their K/D ratio obsession. Learn to use passive mode where necessary. Contact missions are currently paying double $ and RP, which is nice if you want to tag along with someone at high level who is grinding them for cash. Just let them do the work and don't die. All the decent paying ones are only available to host at level 70-80 and above, but can give a max payout of $45K or about half that if you rush through them. If you can save 50K then do VIP missions and save for a CEO office and vehicle warehouse. Import/Export is still the best payout as far as return on investment and time goes.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:12 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I've signed on, Laughing double bubble for contact missions too, pulled down 300k in an hour last night, I've been using my
amphibious armoured personnel carrier, it makes light work of some of those missions, although the longer you take to
do them the more GTA$ you get. Levelled up to 367 last night. Still have my weapons factory working round the clock in
the background earning me even more. I have my eye on that $4m Batmobile. Laughing and the Jet pack while it's reduced.
I intend to spend several hours at it today. I bought the flying Delorean last week and fully pimped it, so I'm a bit GTA$kint.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah no way am I going to get back into it, I only played it for about 2 weeks at the start, and that mainly involved stealing the jet from the army base*, then gaining and losing my wanted level to level up.

*I think they closed that loophole? I also noticed stealing a tank went from difficult to impossible Crying or Very sad

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spent slightly under $4m on a Batmobile. Haven't had less than $1m in as long as I can remember.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:19 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Just spent slightly under $4m on a Batmobile.

A friend buys jets/helicopters/expensive cars on his game and I promptly crash them Laughing

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 12 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallout: New Vegas (my favourite 3D Fallout game).

The last time I played this, it was about 8 years ago (when it was released) and finished the ''base'' game back then. Back then I liked the feel of the game, as it took the Fallout 3 engine and pushed it even further with Fallout 1/2 soundtrack everyone and then, which was a nice touch.

I replayed the Fallout 1 and 2 recently and finished the Fallout 3 for the second time not that long ago. So the boredom got me to play the New Vegas again. At first, I wanted to try the Oblivion, as I enjoyed Skyrim, but the Oblivion didn't really keep me entertained for too long.

So the New Vegas it is (now with DLCs and a overpowered PC + SSD which eliminates all the loading times).

By the way, I also finished the Fallout 4, but I won't be coming back to it, as I didn't really enjoy it that much (way too easy and therefore short). Don't take me wrong, the world in the F4 is huge and worth exploring, but the simplified gameplay takes a lot from the experience. Which reminds me, I pretty much forgot how to play the New Vegas (collecting weapons for repairs, to keep them working properly...), also the difficulty is just ridiculous, I should have left the difficulty settings on normal.

TL; DR: Back in Fallout: NV and it's still awesome. Thumbs Up

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 10:52 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone playing God of War? Quickly into my top 3 PS4 games, I'm trying to decide if I prefer it to HZD.

The story is cool and the interaction between the characters is great. It's the first game in AGES I have been happy to be challenged by and not just put it on easy to play through it. I must have been 10 years since I could sit there for an hour replaying the same bit without getting uber frustrated.

Ilfenesh Hadera
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:52 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starcraft 2 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 18 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Anyone playing God of War?

Yep, I am.

It's an absolute fucking masterpiece in my eyes. Graphically, it's one of the best looking games I've ever seen. In 4K HDR on a big screen it's phenomenal. The story is great, the interaction between father and son is fantastic, and it's even better when you end up carrying Mimir. The sheer spectacle of it is mind blowing, speaking to the world serpent for the first time is just awesome, one of the best experiences I've had in gaming. I've just made it to Jotunheim, I'm quite content doing every side mission I can get so far.

Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:16 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried GoW round a friends, I told him it slow and boring, then he said he couldn't get into it either. So we did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50DYlV0gktk Very Happy

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:53 - 19 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the new GoW here, but can't get to play it. I really liked all the PS2, PS3 and PSP GoW games, but this one is just different. On the other hand, my brother who never liked the GoW series says the new GoW is the best one of them all.

So, I'd say it's quite like with the Fallout 4. Those who liked the previous games didn't enjoy it, while those who missed, or just didn't enjoy the previous games, liked it.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:36 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
So, I'd say it's quite like with the Fallout 4. Those who liked the previous games didn't enjoy it, while those who missed, or just didn't enjoy the previous games, liked it.

I liked the previous Fallout games and I also like Fallout 4. Quick somebody tell the gaming police so they can lock me up ASAP Laughing

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:28 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

I liked the previous Fallout games and I also like Fallout 4. Quick somebody tell the gaming police so they can lock me up ASAP Laughing

It's not like I didn't enjoy the Fallout 4, but it wasn't the same and I won't be playing it twice. The lack of real choices, simplified game mechanics and the action oriented gameplay just did not suit me.

Recently I got back to the New Vegas and that really shows how different the Fallout 4 is (in a bad way). You can tell, the original developer didn't touch it, even though Fallout 4 re-uses most of the assets from the NV.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:09 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
chris-red wrote:
Anyone playing God of War?

Yep, I am.

It's an absolute fucking masterpiece in my eyes. Graphically, it's one of the best looking games I've ever seen. In 4K HDR on a big screen it's phenomenal. The story is great, the interaction between father and son is fantastic, and it's even better when you end up carrying Mimir. The sheer spectacle of it is mind blowing, speaking to the world serpent for the first time is just awesome, one of the best experiences I've had in gaming. I've just made it to Jotunheim, I'm quite content doing every side mission I can get so far.

Thumbs Up

I'm a bit just before that I think (just about to flip the temple) It is so good.

My Previous top 2 PS4 games where Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn. This takes the best bits from both. Some of the fights are truly Epic. I just smashed up a Valkyrie, It has been years since I could play the same bit of game over tens of times without rage quiting she was hard AF 2 mistakes and you were dead, but it was so much fun after I was shaking from adrenaline Laughing It is fantastic at making you feeling epic too, the bit where the flying things kidnap the boy and you are smashing your way towards him up a narrow path with no sides just knocking the fuck out hundreds of minions was great. Taking out the first Dragon was awesome too.

The game has been getting better too, the first 5+ hours were good but not as good as HZD but as it progresses you get much better and the storyline steps up it is great. I think it is better than HZD, not sure about Last of Us yet.

Only criticisms is some of the boss fights are a bit too cinematic and lack input.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 24 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

State of decay 2. Once you get past its flaws it's rather addictive. However my camp are miserable and I just had to euthanise my mate (before he turned) so I don't know how long it'll last Smile

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

gone back to GTA V solo on the Xbox one

quite like it for just driving about and doing the odd mission, and mostly messing about in a plane, and enjoying the views, and trying to land planes in silly places

got tired of GTA Online, too much of a grind, not played it this year really
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 22 of 64