Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking up both a PS Vita and a PS TV tonight. Comes with a few games but I'll be looking at what can be streamed from the PS4 and what are the freebies I have claimed from PS+ over the years. Should have some handheld action and then should also be able to play on a TV with a controller too. - Any reccos for games? Also, anybody modded a vita/TV, I know they can be done but haven't done much research into it yet.

Recently been playing some SNES and Sega classics on my modded PSP. Road Rash 3 is brill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:27 - 26 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st game on pubg after i bought an SSD to improve my xbox's pubg rendering time (so i could load into towns faster) and i got another chicken dinner (Y)

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 31 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still playing Fortnite.
Now also playing Watchdogs 2.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 10:46 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing a game called 'This is the police' interesting little strategy game, where as a semi corrupt police chief you have to run a police department. Pretty simple but very enjoyable.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:19 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

GTA V? I killed Trevor on my PS3 game as I didn't know there was a fourth way

Shocked The best human videogame character since the beginning of time???
I'm still at it in GTA online, level 467 or something. Just spunked 15 million on nightclub and a couple of businesses
namely a meth lab and a weed farm to add to the coke lab, cargo warehouse side earner and gunrunning bunker I
already had. Together combined they generate stock in the new nightclub aside from in their own right. I am having fun with
the new DLC though, the sell missions don't really need anyone to come along in support so you can sell your nightclub shit
relatively quickly and easily. Looking forward to Opressor MKII. Thumbs Up should get that in a drip feed update any week now.
After the introduction of the Terrabyte, a big six wheel mobile ops centre that can send drones out into the map apparently.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Xt0aj8c0XgY/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ciV6iJZt5w8/maxresdefault.jpg

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
where as a semi corrupt police chief you have to run a police department.

Sounds like every single Police force in the U.K that.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
where as a semi corrupt police chief you have to run a police department.

Sounds like every single Police force in the U.K that.

Bob_Hoskins
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:41 - 01 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splatoon 2 ( Nintendo Switch )

I got up to level 40 on the first one and am at 18 on this one. Although the weapon set I loved on Splatoon 1 is not available on 2.

Octopath traveller next, I think.

Looking forward to V Rally on the Switch and also hoping that a Yo Kai watch will be coming soon.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:43 - 02 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, being a jobless bum I decided to embark on various retro gaming projects. I bought an Everdrive flashcart for my old Megadrive, and I then modified it with a switch to allow me to switch between NTSC US, NTSC Japan and PAL. It's a lot of fun with every Genesis/MegaDrive game ever produced on the cart!

I also bought an expansion for my CD32 (TF328) which allows me to boot from a CF card, so I can use it like an A1200. That is also good fun.

I'm now tempted by a PS2 of some sort, but now I'm running out of disposable cash so I probably ought to calm down a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 02 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

I'm now tempted by a PS2 of some sort, but now I'm running out of disposable cash so I probably ought to calm down a bit.

I recently dug out a PS2, bought the MCBOOT memory card and SATA hard drive adapter. Load however many isos fit on to the hard drive of choice ... play. Smile

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:07 - 02 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
MarJay wrote:

I recently dug out a PS2, bought the MCBOOT memory card and SATA hard drive adapter. Load however many isos fit on to the hard drive of choice ... play. Smile

Do you need a Phat PS2 for that? With a HD adapter (which are quite rare)?

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 02 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Yeah mine is a phat. The HD adapter, if you look now are not rare at all. 20 quid or so on evilBay. They are a modded network adapter, so no network capabilities but the IDE connector that was on the original network adapter has been changed to a SATA connector.

If you can find a network adapter, you IDE to SATA it and with network, you can FTP I think. I never bothered. Just SATA to USB then use the program you can download from the net to transfer ISOs to it, takes a while though. Then plug back in to the PS2, run MCBOOT and away you go.

Jester97
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:28 - 03 Aug 2018    Post subject: Games Reply with quote

Just started playing the latest God of War game on my PS4.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:54 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

New stuff in GT Sport. Thumbs Up

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 04 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
New stuff in GT Sport. Thumbs Up

I gave up on this cos I hit a bit of a dead end where things got too difficult. Might have another go.

I just played the resurrection part of Battlefront II. Shedloads of updates since I played last, not least the characters from the Solo movie.

chris-red

PostPosted: 12:20 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did fuck all all weekend, played substantial amounts of...

Max Payne 2
Half-Life: Source
Half-Life 2
Halo
Halo 2
SW Battlefront 2 (2017)

I completed Halo in 2 sittings, I forgot how awesome it was, dealing with flood whilst following 343 and the end warthog drive are great fun proper legendary levels. Halo 2 is a fucking mess or a port. It needed much fucking about externally to get it playable I remember it being better than Halo but I'm not feeling that this time around. To my knowledge you can't buy either of them now for PC anywhere which seems absurd, also Halo 2 has bullshit DRM which only allows for 5 installations. Seems ridiculous 2 of the biggest games of the era aren't readily available they should be £7 each on GOG or something.

It also made me realise how shit I am as a gamer now, in 2003/2004 I was the bollocks at these games. I remember completing them both on Legendary, no way in Hell I could do that now Laughing .
was a good weekend Cool

SW Battlefront 2 is pretty cool, the graphics are phenomenal, they seem extremely well optimised, it runs at 100+ FPS on my laptop (GTX1060) on max settings.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:29 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
SW Battlefront 2 is pretty cool, the graphics are phenomenal, they seem extremely well optimised, it runs at 100+ FPS on my laptop (GTX1060) on max settings.

I thought this was only a PS4/XB1 only title, and not available on PC? I can't seem to find it on any of the usual online stores...

chris-red

PostPosted: 13:46 - 06 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
chris-red wrote:

I thought this was only a PS4/XB1 only title, and not available on PC? I can't seem to find it on any of the usual online stores...

Then you are blind Laughing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=battlefront+2+pc

https://www.game.co.uk/en/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/?attributeName1=Platform&sortColumn=popular&sortTypeStr=DESC&inStockOnly=true&listerOnly=true&attributeValue1=4294954406&sortBy=

https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront-2/interstitial

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 12 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mafia III is one of the ps+ offerings this month.
It's a GTA style game based in the American south in the mid 60's and follows a returning Vietnam soldier.
I quite like the style of play and it's not a bad story so far.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:16 - 14 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
MarJay wrote:

Yeah mine is a phat. The HD adapter, if you look now are not rare at all. 20 quid or so on evilBay. They are a modded network adapter, so no network capabilities but the IDE connector that was on the original network adapter has been changed to a SATA connector.

If you can find a network adapter, you IDE to SATA it and with network, you can FTP I think. I never bothered. Just SATA to USB then use the program you can download from the net to transfer ISOs to it, takes a while though. Then plug back in to the PS2, run MCBOOT and away you go.

I did a bad thing. I retrieved a PS2 from my parents garage, but the drive inside was duff, so I ended up buying a pre-modded one with installed games from Ebay for £65. Considering I could have bought the parts separately and installed them into my own broken PS2, and I would have had to buy a controller etc as well I think that was pretty reasonable. But, it does mean I still have a memory card with my Riding Spirits saves on it, so when I get my £2 copy of riding spirits I can continue playing with my tuned TZR250 3XV!

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Mafia III is one of the ps+ offerings this month.
It's a GTA style game based in the American south in the mid 60's and follows a returning Vietnam soldier.
I quite like the style of play and it's not a bad story so far.

Lol at the AI, most retarded criminals ever.

Vehicle pop in did my nut in too, driving along and suddenly stoped dead by a teleporting car.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 20 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:

Vehicle pop in did my nut in too, driving along and suddenly stoped dead by a teleporting car.

Yeah, I'm not the greatest gamer so the AI suits me. Laughing

I've not experienced the 'vehicle pop in' you speak of, some kind of weird glitch?

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
DrDonnyBrago wrote:

Yeah, I'm not the greatest gamer so the AI suits me. Laughing

I've not experienced the 'vehicle pop in' you speak of, some kind of weird glitch?

Yeah it was a rendering issue I guess. Vehicles would spawn in front of you with no time to avoid them.

I did last play it about a month after release, so it could be that they have ironed out those glitches.

I liked most paspects ot the game except the vehicle handling. Mafia 2 handling physics were ace, mafia 3 went arcadey.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shenmue I & II re-release on PS4 today ...

OMGeeeeeee

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:55 - 21 Aug 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
Shenmue I & II re-release on PS4 today ...

OMGeeeeeee

It looks very nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3jkX6XaYa0
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 221 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 24 of 64