Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 21:08 - 12 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up an Xbox One X about a month ago.

Bought:-

Player Unknown Battlegrounds
Forza 7
Shadow of The Tomb Raider
For Honor
Star Wars Battle Front 2
Assassins Creed Odyssey

Well that certainly set me back a few quid. Also grabbed a 4K HDR disc of Sicario.

All the games look fucking incredible on my 4K HDR projector. Star Wars looks beautiful and Tomb Raider / Assassins Creed look amazing too.

Not really had much of a chance to play, probably put minus 10 hours in on it so far, just been too busy.

Will buy Battlefield V and Red Dead 2 though Thumbs Up

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Crysis.

Graphics are pretty impressive for something ten years old. Apparently it was too advacned for most machines when it was first released?

Storyline was a bit rubbish though. Starts out as a fun military FPS thing where you're a US special unit with advanced tech suits that can turn invisible and do other stuff. Then suddenly you're against aliens in a cool alien ship thing with zero gravity, then it all just gets boring, turns into a bog-standard FPS where the special suit is meaningless because all you really need to do is shoot-shoot-shoot. Then as soon as you get used to fighting aliens, there's a big boss thing and the game ends.

Still, gonna try to get a copy of Crysis 2 and 3 to see what happens next.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an xbox one, but most of the games don't do it for me.

Maybe I'm getting old. I play Skyrim a lot, usually in the winter months, so might load it up again.

But really my Xbox One S is just an expensive way of streaming tv apps.

Playing Civ 4 with beyond the sword and warlods expansions still. Didn't like Civ 5 even with expansions, not played anything after yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 13 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiderman on Ps4.

Just finished Infamous second son on the PS4 and have bought the first light expansion pack so plenty to be going on with.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:06 - 30 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assasins creed odyssey is garbage.
I've never played a game with so much grind, the leveling system is borked.
play the story missons until they are too high level, grind for hours and then repeat, i got to a point in the game where i was 7 levels off the next story section and after doing all the side missions i could find i was still 3 off.
Did the shitty contract missions (fetch quests, go here kill this guy etc}, then played a couple of story missions and boom, 3 levels too low again.

Of course you wont have these issues if you pay an extra 8 quid for the xp booster, so basically pay us more money to not make the game shit.

Trading it in tomorrow, this will be the only AC i have never finished and likely the last i'll play if this is the direction they are headed.

tldr :
A decent game ruined by greed.

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 30 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red dead redemption 2.

It's fantastic. Really immersive environments. Set 12 years prior to RDR1, it tells the story of the gang that John Marston ran with (and then hunted down). Guns are cool, very customisable, combat is good. Can approach missions with a degree of stealth, map is big, but feels enormous because you are on horseback and it is extremely diverse, with rivers, lakes, swamps, plains, forest, bayou, snow covered mountains, desert to contend with.

Everything you do has another level of depth to it. e.g. Want to go hunting and get some pelts to craft a fancy hat, saddle, holster, etc? Make sure you pick a very healthy looking animal, stalk it staying down wind so it doesn't spot you, and kill it cleanly - one shot it in the head/heart with the correct caliber. Skin it and stash your perfect pelt on your horse... then hope it doesn't get shot in crossfire or water damaged.

Anyone else playing it?

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 30 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:

tldr :

It's Ubisoft, I'd expect nothing less. I'm just waiting to see how much they fuck up Anno 1800. Hoping for a large number of positive reviews on release, expecting at best mixed, even after deducting all the "Fuck Uplay" responses from the mix.

drkbishop
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 30 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:
Red dead redemption 2.

Anyone else playing it?

Yep, been counting down the hours at work so I can get home and back on it! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 30 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
kerr wrote:

tldr :

It's Ubisoft, I'd expect nothing less. I'm just waiting to see how much they fuck up Anno 1800. Hoping for a large number of positive reviews on release, expecting at best mixed, even after deducting all the "Fuck Uplay" responses from the mix.

I know but this one takes the utter piss, origins was really good.
Traded it in for red dead 2, the mrs is working at half 10 and i'm taking a day off tomorrow Very Happy

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 31 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

drkbishop wrote:
DrDonnyBrago wrote:
Red dead redemption 2.

Anyone else playing it?

Yep, been counting down the hours at work so I can get home and back on it! Laughing

Yeah... been up playing into the "not so" early hours every day since I got it and it's killing me, but must... play... more....

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 31 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing Gran Turismo Sport on the PS4.

I'm enjoying this one. Really want a steering wheel/pedals but that would go down like Amir Khan after actually being punched with the missus.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 01 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:
Yeah... been up playing into the "not so" early hours every day since I got it and it's killing me, but must... play... more....

Yes, the first Chapter (tutorial) is a boring and eye straining experience (white snow all over the place), but once you get past that, it's actually very good. Reminds of more of an Assassin's Creed game than GTA. One bit that doesn't suit me yet is the way you control the game. I haven't seen such elaborate way of playing a game since the late 90's.

I'm also back in the GT Sport and I've been playing Unravel II on PC. The first Unravel game was excellent and the second one doesn't fall behind either.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 01 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:

My missus is/was threatening to leave me, I think...
I wasn't listening, too busy playing...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:20 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played Red Dead 2 round a mates... why can't you bone a prostitute? Eh? They ask you if you want a good time, then the only options are reject or decline (or something like that) Confused

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:52 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put about 6hrs so far into BF5 on the PC.

Still buggy as hell, but it runs really well on my rig at 4K Ultra (i5 4670, 16GB, 1080). Not too sure about all the SJW bollocks in it, but as a multiplayer shooter it's pretty damn good, just a shame I'm not really very good, Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob W wrote:
Not too sure about all the SJW bollocks in it

It's strange that it's creeping into gaming as well now. Do they not realise TV, films, gaming is meant to be an escape? Neutral

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:14 - 22 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefield V on the PC and Horizon Dawn Zero on PS4.

Just signed up to Origin's Premier monthly membership £15 a month, not entirely sure it's worth it, might switch to years at £89 so it works out a couple of quid a week for new titles and a back catalogue of other games. You don't actually OWN any of them so you are paying for a rental service.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I no longer play games on my PC. I now use PS4 for gaming as the rest of the family. Currently Gran Turismo Sport.

I would love to play Red Dead Redemption 2, but I'm waiting for some special deal. It's quite expensive atm.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

got an external hard drive for my xbox one today, so am downloading about 90 games that I already own, going back to about 2006

should keep me busy over twixtmas

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:25 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MXGP3 - I very nearly bought this a while back but it's on gamepass so I thought I'd give it a go... wow what a pile of shite. I'm not a graphics whore but this looks worse than the first game on the previous gen' of consoles.

I'm guessing they had to turn things (way) down to get it to run on the Xbone as they use the Unreal engine now. Reviews suggest it's not just me who's noticed. The physics felt meh, I sort of liked the first game but didn't like the second, this felt like a rush job ported to a new engine.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got fallout 76?
Is it really as bad as they say?

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 25 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I have been gifted AC Origins and Odyssey, We Happy Few and a bonus, a second copy of Crash Bandicoot on PS4. Need to find a way of trading it for a game I don’t have without it costing a fortune.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Dead Redemption 2 is really cool. I've been playing it for days. It was expensive though.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musketeer wrote:
Red Dead Redemption 2 is really cool. I've been playing it for days. It was expensive though.

After punching a few horses, hogtying someone and feeding them to an alligator, and randomly dynamite attacking people what are you meant to do?

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working my way through 'Wolfenstein - the old blood' at the moment. Recently finished off 'Wolfenstein - the new order', which was a fantastic game.

I was given 'Wolfenstein - the new colossus' for Christmas, really looking forward to that, especially if it's anything like the aforementioned titles.

ಠ_ಠ
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 88 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 26 of 64