Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tonyg1987
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:43 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan1986 wrote:
I've been playing alot of shadow of mordor, was always keen on getting it on my ps4,
Bought a pc recently and it was around three quid on the steam sale, Probably the best three quid I ever spent, really good game, been playing for around 14 hours so got my moneys worth I reckon

£3, what a bargain! Played this way back on release day, it's a fantastic game. Can't wait for the sequel.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a bash at Until Dawn.
Another PS+ game but surprisingly good quality graphics and detail.
It's basically a decision/reaction based slasher horror game.
Haven't played anything where I've actually had to think for a good while.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm slowly making my way through Prey, and absolutely loving it.

Enemies are rock hard, and it really rewards you for looking for alternatives to direct fighting, and searching everywhere. It feels quite old school in it's approach, and makes you very paranoid.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:25 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destiny . finally bought an exbox off fleabay for around £100 and it came with destiny.

Didn't think the idea of a shooter RPG was good or how it would work killing bosses in a 6 man team wouldn't it jus tbe stood around shooting it?

Actually the game is challenging and you have to work as a team to defeat lots of bosses/challenges.

Just finished all of the raids on hard mode and have done most of the challenge modes of the bosses too (only haven't done gorgon challenge :/)

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:46 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thimbleweed Park,

It's great, really excellent. It's a SCUMM type point and click like Monkey Island. I imagine it was made by ex LucasArts people, there are LOADS of references to the old games.

It's basically Monkey Island meets the X-files. If you vaguely enjoy point and click games you'll love it.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'm having a bash at Until Dawn.
Another PS+ game but surprisingly good quality graphics and detail.
It's basically a decision/reaction based slasher horror game.
Haven't played anything where I've actually had to think for a good while.

I also enjoyed it, but the frame rate was just terrible. Not sure if they patched it yet, but when I was playing it on the original PS4 it was mostly around 25fps, dropping to 20fps, jumping to 40fps+ on random. The game is good but has no replay value. Also, on many occasions I made a decision or ruined a quick time even only because I had no idea what am I supposed to do and/or when the cinematic turns into the game and vice versa.

I'm not gonna spoil it for you though. As said, I really enjoyed it, but won't go back.

IF you like games where your decisions have consequences, visit the Walking Dead series by Telltale Games. Thumbs Up

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - worth the 30eur price tag Thumbs Up

Quite an unusual experience. Very nice visuals and optimisation (performance on PS4). The game tells you to use headphones and I must agree, it makes the game better (nice 3D audio effect). As you play the game, you hear voices in the characters head, telling you pretty much what to do, or trying to scare you off doing something. Without telling you much about the story, you're a Celtic warrior, who's on a journey to the hell, to fight for the soul of her dead boyfriend.

I'm not that far in yet, but so far I am enjoying it.

EDIT:
Finished the game - 8/10
Some fights were far too challenging (beyond reasonable) and the ending wasn't quite that satisfactory.
All and all, great game, beautiful visuals, interesting game mechanics (the puzzles were great), great story telling and controlls. Long enough.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 21:31 - 11 Aug 2017; edited 1 time in total

chris-red

PostPosted: 13:11 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Playing Doom again, I started it last year but I think I was pulled on to other things.

I'm enjoying it far more this time round.

Bit of a bone to pick with the nVidia GeForce Experience software. It 'can' optimise your games to be set up correctly for your hardware. I did this then checked the settings. I reckon it was set to ~70% quality. I thought this seemed a bit low for my hardware. So I upped it to about 90% and got a solid 60fps/@1080. I then upped it to max settings. The lowest FPS drop I've seen was 46, 99% of the time it is on 60FPS.

Seems like a con to prompt you to get new Graphics cards.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Also Playing Doom again, I started it last year but I think I was pulled on to other things.

They recently made all the DLC free.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:03 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
Destiny . finally bought an exbox off fleabay for around £100 and it came with destiny.

Didn't think the idea of a shooter RPG was good or how it would work killing bosses in a 6 man team wouldn't it jus tbe stood around shooting it?

Actually the game is challenging and you have to work as a team to defeat lots of bosses/challenges.

Just finished all of the raids on hard mode and have done most of the challenge modes of the bosses too (only haven't done gorgon challenge :/)

Well, its game over in a month, number 2 is out.

I've spent 3 years playing that game. I have everything, I've done everything... man I've had fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:46 - 09 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://cosmoteer.net/

Free game (currently), build your own spaceship and fight with it, only picked it up last night so not exactly a long way into it yet! Fun so far tho.

AL-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:49 - 09 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC:
CS:GO
Day of Infamy

IOS:

Frontline Commando: D-Day
Frontline Commando: WW2 Shooter

chris-red

PostPosted: 13:52 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chris-red wrote:

They recently made all the DLC free.

That may explain the 8.9gb update when I first tried to play it! Laughing

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aven Colony

A real time sci-fi stragegy

I just got through the second campaing map and very enjoying it. The goal is pretty much always the same, build a colony on various planets. The only thing that changes are the variables (natual resources, weather, terain, the enviroment (deadly spores, alien structures...) and so on), which change the way you play the game.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:59 - 15 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Destiny is now 100% complete... I'm on to Warframe.

https://image.ibb.co/fFx4Ev/LH_Arms_Up.png

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 18 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trials Fusion's free with GwG this month. I tried the demo years ago on the 360 but didn't think much of it (which's odd as I like all the other games). Anyhoo downloaded it on Xbox One and it's not bad. Half way through it although typically the Trials games become frustratingly hard.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Trials Fusion's free with GwG this month.

And finished it Very Happy DLC's too expensive (£16) so I'll get it if/when it's on sale, or if I see a cheap copy of the game with DLC. What's there not to love about a cat with a gun riding a unicorn?

https://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AwsomeLMThemeArt_Logos_1434388703.jpg

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still playing Dark Souls 2, 200+ hours and on a second run through. Waiting for DS3 to drop in price.
Started a game of Diablo3 on the ps4 with my OH, couch co-op, a tad different from when I played it on the pc.

chris-red

PostPosted: 14:12 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shenmue

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

Uncharted the Lost Legacy

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:42 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destiny 2.

Surprisingly good, PC version is amazing but sticking to console.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
Started a game of Diablo3 on the ps4 with my OH, couch co-op, a tad different from when I played it on the pc.

Very different to the older versions. I liked it. Played it quite a lot. Need to do more bounties to plat'num it.

Better to grind when there's friends around.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
hedgehugger wrote:

Very different to the older versions. I liked it. Played it quite a lot. Need to do more bounties to plat'num it.

Better to grind when there's friends around.

We kept upping the difficulty, but there was no real danger. Ended up on Torment level, (not sure how many torments), the only thing that gave us any bother was the final reaper boss. First time that both of us died at the same time, most previous deaths were due to losing ourselves on the screen and standing in a melting/fiery puddle.

Now playing Rayman Legends.
Now I know why I left playing Raymen to the kids, I am so shit at platformers, always have been.
Does make me guffaw at times though. 2 oldies getting hysterical over a game! wonder what the neighbours think we r up to Razz

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:49 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedgehugger wrote:
We kept upping the difficulty, but there was no real danger. Ended up on Torment level, (not sure how many torments), the only thing that gave us any bother was the final reaper boss. First time that both of us died at the same time, most previous deaths were due to losing ourselves on the screen and standing in a melting/fiery puddle.

Yeah I think my best character is playing solo at torment V II maybe (?) goes up to XI I think.

I might start playing again if I ever buy the necromancer character.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars Battlefront, I wasn't impressed with the beta and having played it round a friend house (it felt like a very old/basic shooter with updated textures), but the game came into my price point... £5 with all the DLC.

Mainly got it for the flying stuff, but that's frustrating. Hard's too easy, my side gets double the kills (and I get the most), but on 'Master' my team get annihilated. Also didn't realise the DLC was online, I don't play online due to the flicker issue with the Xbox/TV.

First world problems Rolling Eyes

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently: Dirt Rally (PS4), XCOM2 (PC)

Not that long ago: Rocket League (PS4), Ark Survival Evolved (PC), XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 231 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 4 of 64