Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
Im not sure at the moment, thats another big problem in getting a replacement bike, I dont particularly want to have to splash out for a post-2008 Sadiq Khan Approved bike. They seem to keep changing their mind as to just exactly where the ULEZ is going to cover. If it stays with the current plan of "everything inside the North/South circular I should be ok as it wont cover me/my work place.

However if they extend it to "everything inside the M25" which theres been rumblings of, then I'm going to be viciously sodomised, repeatedly. I'll either have to splash out on a new bike which will absolutely definitely get stolen, or spend just as much on Sadiq's slush fund or whatever anti-kitten killing plan thats all bikers faults theyve come up with. Rolling Eyes

AFAIK it's the current congestion charge zone, with the intention to extend it to the North/South circular roads possibly a year after its introduction (like that will help people out). Not heard about the M25 idea.

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:08 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it stays inside the N/S circular I can live with that.

And of course it wont help anyone, its a pure money making scam. I love how TfL conveniently overlook from their own statistics that almost all the air pollution is from TfL diesel buses & Taxis... both of whom will undoubtedly be exempt from it.

https://racfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/tfl-air-quality-consultation.jpg

Motorbikes, responsible for < 1% of air pollution "CHARGE THEM ANYWAY, WE NEED MORE MONEY"

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabbies are going to be exempt, but we're going slightly off topic Smile ULEZ discussion: https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=319171

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:27 - 15 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the vaguely on-topic subject of "moped muggings" (for large capacity definitions of "moped") the Sun Sez: blame the courts

Well, Detective Chief Superintendent Stuart Ryan sez, and it's not often a serving copper will openly speak out against sentencing.

"Some of these young ­people[*] have been arrested 60, 70, 80 times.

They keep committing offences, you arrest them and put them in front of the court, the court won’t do anything substantive with them. It’s a cycle."

Sounds like the Met are as fed up with it as we are.

[*] His word, not mine.

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw 2 peds with 3 young chaps on them in canning town with no number plates.

Riding down the path and then jumped the red light.
Neutral
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 16:11 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you were a bike thief you would be having a field day with all of this lawlessness because they know it won't last so they're taking the piss.

I'm always aware someone might want to take my bike off me whilst I'm on it, especially at lights but I don't really live in an area where that type of thing happens often.

However, heard someone was forced off a Panigale in Manchester just a couple of weeks ago, as with any epidemic, it spreads to other cities quite fast these days. I'm sure Manchester town will end up the same as London soon too.

Fortunately, I have excess protection on my policy and I have GAP insurance, so if I were to have it taken from me some how, they'd be doing me a favour Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:42 - 16 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
they know it won't last

I can't see what's going to stop it. Most every time a regular (not super-1337) copper takes out a chav, they get hit with a disciplinary or a criminal prosecution.

Jayy wrote:
I'm sure Manchester town will end up the same as London soon too.

Every city will, sooner or later. Sadly, I'd expect what won't last is our complacency.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 11:01 - 17 May 2017; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 17 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst trawling thru the Stolen Motorbikes UK Facebook group, I just found this, which is somewhat worrying.
(warning, NSFW/sensitive little flowers)

Last edited by hellkat on 09:45 - 17 May 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:43 - 17 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

... *probably* need to put a NSFW tag on this thread now ... Thinking

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:33 - 17 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change it to a link to the thread will still be on google?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:16 - 17 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gash crash?

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 17 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Gash crash?

Cash for Gash?

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:30 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/terrifying-moment-moped-gang-attack-biker-with-fire-extinguisher-captured-on-helmetmounted-camera-a3543046.html

More fuel for the fire, its going to end up like the Road Rash game with every biker carrying a weapon to defend themselves if the police dont start to act.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:51 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Provided in the hope that it will be useful.

https://i.imgur.com/jAbmyUL.png

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Whilst trawling thru the Stolen Motorbikes UK Facebook group, I just found this, which is somewhat worrying.
(warning, NSFW/sensitive little flowers)

Tritey's on facebook now? Smile

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:34 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im honestly considering some "extra" features on my Version 2 speedo now... In addition to GPS tracking and call back... Im considering some remote disabling and umm... rider flipping mechanisms :p Maybe a few thousand volts through the handlebars.... But I wouldnt want those bits to accidentally go off now...

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Im honestly considering some "extra" features on my Version 2 speedo now... In addition to GPS tracking and call back... Im considering some remote disabling and umm... rider flipping mechanisms :p Maybe a few thousand volts through the handlebars.... But I wouldnt want those bits to accidentally go off now...

when I was in South Africa we had CS gas canisters attached in strategic points that could be remotely activated, they had a tendency to pop in extreme heat Confused

then again they also had mounted flamethrowers for carjackers

https://blog.beforward.jp/car-review/remember-bmw-blaster-south-africas-flamethrowing-car.html

I have been thinking a lot about a baitbikebom(...) but terror Confused

Last edited by owl on 13:56 - 19 May 2017; edited 2 times in total

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:48 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh Very Happy yeah sounds great... I remember some one mentioning placing an airbag under the seat...

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:52 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:

My thinking is thus. On my bike they can persue in London with ease. The traffic is too heavy for a 100mph escape and they aren't bothered about red lights, kitten killing etc. I'd put it on the side stand or let it fall of course if they were quick. Keys out. Leg it into a shop and make a lot of noise. If no shop then run. I'm fit. Triathlete fit. If they catch me the keys get chucked somewhere. The bike has a tracker in it so if they push it off I've got a fighting chance of getting it back should the police resold of course. Basically try to surprise them. Stall them. Maybe if it's not a simple knife and grab they will give up and move on.

I am giving serious consideration to a tool of some sort in my pocket. Yes officer, I always take a torque wrench around with me so i can check my rear axel torsion through the day.

A sodding great heavy motorcycle chain and lock worn round the neck like a bandolier, so it is easily removed with the right hand is not a weapon, it is a necessity, ie to stop thieving scum nicking bike, the fact that it would certainly make their ears ring if it connected with their head is another matter.....

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:26 - 19 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Feeling good about my purchase now Shocked

Laughing

Don't envy your location with a strip. How are you finding it?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:07 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Po po arrest a bike thief outside the Ace Cafe so some bloke goes to offer his condolences but his foot slipped and he kicked the thief. Laughing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUXcn18hHSm/

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:14 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Po po arrest a bike thief outside the Ace Cafe

Thief, or just #BikeLife?

Hah, I jest, same thing.

Ste wrote:
so some bloke goes to offer his condolences but his foot slipped and he kicked the thief. Laughing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUXcn18hHSm/

Sadly he'll probably get worse than Trikey McPikey.

Nice to see them doing something, mind.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:20 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:

If he's lucky, by looking where he left it last. Not sure how long that'll work for though.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 16:28 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/north-circular-crash-moped-rider-17-rushed-to-hospital-after-crash-during-police-chase-a3544721.html

Poor Dindu will probably be in line for mucho compo and nasty old Popo will be looking at a pension loss and a career as a security guard if he's lucky.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:34 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
M.C wrote:
Feeling good about my purchase now Shocked

Laughing

M.C took a precaution when he chose his new bike. He made sure he bought one that had already been stolen(/(hopefully)recovered), in order to reduce the odds Laughing The fact that it's borked might help too Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 2 of 36