Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London Reply with quote

Q: How many motorcycles and mopeds have been reported stolen in the last 12 months?

A: 16519

Locations, right click for bigger..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqhyauusasgb53x/stolen.png?raw=1

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/cy/request/motorbike_thefts_2#incoming-965507

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:32 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one every 32 minutes, day and night, without cease.

11,000 (reported) crimes committed using bikes and scootays.

No pursuit policy.

Dibble is "considering tougher tactics".

Translation: new Operation Tough Tactics mugs and mouse mats all round chaps.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total NON Policing more like.
That's quite a shocking number. I reckon that's every motorcyclist in London having their bike nicked twice a year.
Certain areas dindu so well as others I see and am completely unsurprised by which have the worst numbers.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said months ago 22 vespas alone per day

So this doesn't surprise me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling good about my purchase now Shocked

Laughing

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:39 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. My borough (Wandsworth) head and shoulders above the rest of them.

It is an absolute nightmare round here. I see the ped boyz most days with their balaclavas and two up red light running. It has got that bad that whenever I see anyone behind me in my rear view mirror who is carrying a pillion I just pull over, put it into neutral and get ready to leg it with my keys.

I think I confused a guy on a KTM the other day - he had someone on the back with a balaclava and was following me. I gave him the finger and pulled over to the left. Turns out the person on the back had a rather lovely thong sticking out and must have been his long suffering Mrs out for a ride.

On a serious note though, after my near bike jacking the other week it really has got that bad around here that I'm just on edge everytime I throw my leg over the bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

meef
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, at least my borough isn't the worst.

Having said that, a week ago someone's Fireblade got nicked just a few miles away from me in a neighbourhood I'm frequently in.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?
They're bike jacking up London now?

Jeez, it make the theiving turds round here look rather charming

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:50 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:
whenever I see anyone behind me in my rear view mirror who is carrying a pillion I just pull over, put it into neutral and get ready to leg it with my keys.

Errrrrr... you should be able to make a faster get away on your bike than you can on foot. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMike wrote:
Great. My borough (Wandsworth) head and shoulders above the rest of them.

South does seem to be quite bad.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
SuperMike wrote:
whenever I see anyone behind me in my rear view mirror who is carrying a pillion I just pull over, put it into neutral and get ready to leg it with my keys.

Errrrrr... you should be able to make a faster get away on your bike than you can on foot. Laughing

It may confuse them enough to retreat. Definitely not an expected response

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:47 - 11 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd retreat with your bike. Razz

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:34 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
They'd retreat with your bike. Razz

Tracker bro !

SuperMike
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:21 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
SuperMike wrote:

My thinking is thus. On my bike they can persue in London with ease. The traffic is too heavy for a 100mph escape and they aren't bothered about red lights, kitten killing etc. I'd put it on the side stand or let it fall of course if they were quick. Keys out. Leg it into a shop and make a lot of noise. If no shop then run. I'm fit. Triathlete fit. If they catch me the keys get chucked somewhere. The bike has a tracker in it so if they push it off I've got a fighting chance of getting it back should the police resold of course. Basically try to surprise them. Stall them. Maybe if it's not a simple knife and grab they will give up and move on.

I am giving serious consideration to a tool of some sort in my pocket. Yes officer, I always take a torque wrench around with me so i can check my rear axel torsion through the day.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:35 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would surprise them if you pull over and run off leaving them to push your bike away using their ped. Laughing

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If bike jacking or violent theft is that rife and common in the smoke, then the only sensible option is leave the house with a big knife or a gun whenever you go out for a ride.

These scum will only learn to be wary of ordinary honest people, when they become very violent and literally waste some of these scumbags. By being good call the cops or suck it up honest people we are all playing into their hands, and giving them more scope and reason to carry out these crimes and thefts.

Being feared doesn't last forever and isn't the long term answer, but it can't do any harm or increase theft crime by the public becoming nasty violent law breaking bastards either.

Im thinking of another one of Itchy's posts here, where he basically said us law abiding and too British to complain people are our own worst enemy, and are allowing us to get trampled on instead of taking direct action over such matters.

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:26 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Im thinking of another one of Itchy's posts here, where he basically said us law abiding and too British to complain people are our own worst enemy, and are allowing us to get trampled on instead of taking direct action over such matters.

Write to your MP Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruit'n'nut wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:

Write to your MP Thumbs Up

Dear Diane Abbott,
You are a useless fat racist bitch but I have found a use for you as a sleeping policeman (speed hump you ignoramus Rolling Eyes ) and by imitating one of them you can help the police by causing the moped thieves to crash when they drive over you podgy body.
Yours faithfully,
An admirer. not

Fruit'n'nut
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:41 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Dear Diane Abbott,
You are a useless fat racist bitch but I have found a use for you as a sleeping policeman (speed hump you ignoramus Rolling Eyes ) and by imitating one of them you can help the police by causing the moped thieves to crash when they drive over you podgy body.
Yours faithfully,
An admirer. not

There, isn't that cathartic? Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:50 - 12 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis no speed hump, she's more like one of those big concrete anti terrorist barriers that will stop a snackbar lorry dead in it's tracks. Thumbs Up

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:15 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a bit fucking grim living in London. Thankfully living & working in one of the "safer" boroughs, still a shithole though. I get a bit twitchy seeing other bikes getting too close filtering at red lights etc. Especially now that it seems EVERYONE has taken to wearing balaclavas under their helmets, I mean wtf is that about its (technically) summer now isnt it? Why do you need a balaclava, always seems to be gentlemen of the more... ethnic urban persuasion all bally'd up too Rolling Eyes

I take comfort in the fact my obviously crashed 15yr old Fazer probably isnt worth the time or effort of nicking. But it is putting me off getting a nicer newer bike which is a sad state of affairs.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:38 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
I take comfort in the fact my obviously crashed 15yr old Fazer probably isnt worth the time or effort of nicking. But it is putting me off getting a nicer newer bike which is a sad state of affairs.

Are you going to get bummed by the ULEZ? Thieves will be loving it.

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:47 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure at the moment, thats another big problem in getting a replacement bike, I dont particularly want to have to splash out for a post-2008 Sadiq Khan Approved bike. They seem to keep changing their mind as to just exactly where the ULEZ is going to cover. If it stays with the current plan of "everything inside the North/South circular I should be ok as it wont cover me/my work place.

However if they extend it to "everything inside the M25" which theres been rumblings of, then I'm going to be viciously sodomised, repeatedly. I'll either have to splash out on a new bike which will absolutely definitely get stolen, or spend just as much on Sadiq's slush fund or whatever anti-kitten killing plan thats all bikers faults theyve come up with. Rolling Eyes

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:57 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or fake / French plates.

They tighter they squeeze, and all that.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:18 - 13 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just planning on buying a balaclava and riding without a helmet...or tax...or insurance...probably on someone elses bike.

Gets round every problem right now it seems!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36