Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see that the problem is at least getting a little more main stream media attention.

https://s20.postimg.org/pjz046c7h/Screenshot_2017-07-18_at_12.56.15.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:39 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

Just read that, and wtf. It's pretty much entirely because you're not locking your scooter that scrotes even exist.

"Police are working hard to make the streets hostile territory for reckless criminals who endanger lives, but it is the easy availability of scooters that is driving the rise in scooter enabled crime."

What use is layered security if the scrotes can brazenly angle grind in the middle of the day? Or attack you at a set of traffic lights?
It's like they're not even prepared to tackle the cause of the problem.
I also note that they don't really give a monkeys about the scooters being stolen, but it's the fact that they are used for other crimes. Hence, scooters are the problem.

Arrgh. Someone kick that idiot in the nuts.

I think he has a good point.
They should take it a step further and ban motorbikes and scooters from London. People are already happy with the increasing attacks on the right to travel so they should be overjoyed at police solving bike theft and crime.

https://sc.mogicons.com/c/22.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:06 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long term aspiration for London is to become completely traffic free. Bicycles, horses and that. Be careful with that hyperbole, it might be loaded.

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:24 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moped gang leave biker with broken foot and bloody face in ANOTHER London attack

Ok, not exactly riding a moped, and while English is not my first language, seems there was some confusion as to whom was the aggressor, the guy with the hi vi vest thingy or the guy with the balaclava. Bit confusing really.

Also the tiger reflexes of his partner in crime catching the helmet.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:03 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4709118/Moped-gang-rob-Porsche-driver-kniefpoint-London.html

They've started robbing cars in the traffic now.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:16 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4709118/Moped-gang-rob-Porsche-driver-kniefpoint-London.html

That's a very risky proposition for them I'd have thought. I'd have run the fuckers over and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Sooner or later they'll pick the wrong target doing that.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TbirdX wrote:

That's a very risky proposition for them I'd have thought. I'd have run the fuckers over and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Sooner or later they'll pick the wrong target doing that.

didn't want to ding the porsche daahling
also driver probably get done for attacking the poor mischievous scampers

to be fair though, if one saw them doing something like this, one could quite possibly lose control of one's vehicle momentarily Evil or Very Mad know my accelerator has been sticking a bit lately

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of potential comeback - he would have been squished trying that next to me...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:33 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

We warned about this - sooner or later they were going to progress to committing actual crimes.

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the snowflakes are getting brave now they've figured out the police are about as effective as teachers when it comes to discipline... if there are even any in the general vicinity to turn up or even bother following up on crimes that is Rolling Eyes

Thank crap I live in the middle of nowhere (kind of): Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn

(although on a side note we've had a couple of instances where the scum has been leeching out into the countryside even attacking someone's car whilst they were stopped at a junction with a crow bar? It seem's without police to react or follow up on crime we may as well be living in Nigeria it seem's (O_o).)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

vanderbale
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:25 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a couple guys stealing a moped on Argyle Street in Kings Cross last week. They threatened anyone in the way with an axle grinder.

The whole thing probably took around 5 minutes or so and the police were notified and showed up not too long after but I suspect they got away unfortunately.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:52 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we done gun laws yet in this thread? Isn't about time that we advocated a wild west solution?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Have we done gun laws yet in this thread? Isn't about time that we advocated a wild west solution?

Hang em high Shocked Thumbs Up

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 14:23 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

until it becomes legal...
you will have to make do with shooting horse rustlers.
https://www.playwwo.com/

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
Thank crap I live in the middle of nowhere (kind of): Pass the popcorn Pass the popcorn

(although on a side note we've had a couple of instances where the scum has been leeching out into the countryside even attacking someone's car whilst they were stopped at a junction with a crow bar? It seem's without police to react or follow up on crime we may as well be living in Nigeria it seem's (O_o).)

You should be due a Pikey crime wave soon... Laughing

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't say that, we have regulars at the end of the village, not really heard of them causing trouble however a second group decided to make camp for a few weeks on a bypass roundabout.

I'm not sure if it's more or less aggravating but they have left a relatively surprising (only) 20'ish black bags full of rubbish piled by the entrance (footpath) they used.

I mean on one hand its better than letting the rubbish blow away through the country side but on the other it's like we are expected to just clean up behind them. It's a 15 minute drive to the tip from there. 15 bloody minutes that we all make when we have rubbish that cannot go in a bin, we don't just hoof it into a pile in the countryside Rolling Eyes.
Fecking entitled snowflake pikeys!

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
Don't say that, we have regulars at the end of the village, not really heard of them causing trouble however a second group decided to make camp for a few weeks on a bypass roundabout.

Sounds like you got some relatively civilised ones at the moment.
There are plenty of them that turn up and help the crime rate to increase a thousand fold, then finally fuck off leaving industrial levels of waste behind. Shocked

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone seen the video on FB of the H2 carbon getting robbed from a shop in the that there london?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlSk2FW8GRE

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the tragically fucking British thing about the whole situation?

It's like I'm socially compelled to be thankful they are just dumping their shit in one place and not be angry they have the gall to dump their shit in our countryside expecting us to pay to have it cleared up?!

Is it that we just Want to be that civilised that we'll let them walk all over us and clean up after them or have they just scared us out of putting up a fight because they don't mind getting a little very stabby?

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:
Anyone seen the video on FB of the H2 carbon getting robbed from a shop in the that there london?

hopefully they plough it into a wall and suffer the same fate as that other wanker

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
That's the tragically fucking British thing about the whole situation?
Is it that we just Want to be that civilised that we'll let them walk all over us and clean up after them or have they just scared us out of putting up a fight because they don't mind getting a little very stabby?

It's because if you actually try to stop them and have to use force (even if only in self defence) then any damage or injury to you or to the criminal is your fault.
So you'll end up trying to defend 'common sense' in court, which is one of the main places that common sense is completely absent...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:

I think I spied a striple being used as a battering ram Shocked

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:59 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that a solution is at hand:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/22/moped-menace-muggers-vehicle-of-choice-scooters-acid-attacks-phone-robberies

Quote:
Kevin Howells, the chairman of the MCRG, said they were “shocked” by the results. “In some parking bays you’ve got 30 bikes taking up those spaces and no one’s locked their bike to the street furniture,” he said. “It’s easy pickings. Maybe there should be some legislation so that people are penalised. If you’re not going to lock your bike up, that one crime could result in 10 more crimes up the road.”

We'll just make owning an inadequately locked bike a crime, that'll clear it up.

Of course, the chap is just trying to make it illegal not to buy his products:

https://www.mcrg.org/products.html
Quote:
Our range of expertise includes: building hardware, locks, fenestration and vehicle security. Currently Wte Ltd runs the secretariat for the MCRG.

reavsie
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 07:03 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone seem to promote locking/chaining your bike to street furniture as the most important thing you can do to secure your bike?

When the thieves are armed with portable angle grinders (as most seem to be now, seeing as they are small and cheap), it doesn't matter what you chain your bike to as it is the chain that is ground through in seconds no matter what it is secured to.

It only helps with the "3 strong blokes and a van" type theft where they just lift it away. However, that doesn't happen so much in built up areas like London.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:16 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going out all unprotected like that, barely even dressed for security. You can't really blame the thieves for not being able to resist meddling with them. I mean, they're only sub-human.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 6 of 36