Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:33 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger, sorry to hear that. Be sure to get a complaint in to Dibble about them no-further-actioning it, just to mess with them.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 15:27 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit dude, sorry to hear that, also it's scary it happening so close! I always thought it was a reasonable area.

I always chain mine, I never used to at my parents but since getting my place and getting a ground anchor put in with the block paving I thought I'd better lock it up. Now I'm too paranoid that the one time I don't it will go!

If I can help let me know. I'm WFH tomorrow so will be in the area.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for your loss Sad

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what happened to the bars/yoke!
https://i.imgur.com/bjFjuGg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7uVr9dL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RBgE8rz.jpg

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:33 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subframe looks twisted.

Bunch of pricks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen some chavs with helmets coming out of the local tube station too. Infuriating that so little can be done about this.

chris-red

PostPosted: 20:37 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those brake pads going spare? Whistle Laughing

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing All yours, if I get to move the bike before the council nab it!

chris-red

PostPosted: 20:39 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the fire boiled the fork oil and weakened the fork cap causing the spring to bust out of it!

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does look a bit like that. But, surely the seals would go!?

chris-red

PostPosted: 20:44 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually ordered new ones yesterday otherwise I might have taken you up on it.

Was it insured for theft?

chris-red

PostPosted: 20:47 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug_the_bastard wrote:
Does look a bit like that. But, surely the seals would go!?

It's still a pretty tight fit between the stantions and bushes. The seals melting might have made them make a firmer seal. It sounds far fetched but I can't think of anything else. It can't be crash damage as the forks out straight.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's covered, but with the excess I'll only get £750 or so back, I'll lose more than that on my insurance over the next few years.

Wouldn't be enough to buy a replacement anyway.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41582001 - 'A moped gang that robbed more than 100 people, including an attempted robbery on former chancellor George Osborne, has been jailed'.

Oh that's why they were interested.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:27 - 11 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Chowdhury was sentenced to four years and 10 months after admitting handling stolen goods.

Parkinson, from Islington, was sentenced to five years and three months for robbery.

The 16 and 15-year-olds - who cannot be named for legal reasons - were both jailed for four years and two months."

Mr. Green

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:54 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug_the_bastard wrote:

still would buy over fazer's one Laughing

that's really shit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Exile71
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 09:04 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw 2 teenagers in Peckham yesterday, L Plates, straight through a red light right in front of traffic police...... they didnt even try and follow, just left them to it. Both wearing balaclavas. Police cant be arsed with the hassle of trying to do anything.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 12 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The petrol cap is missing entirely, and the headstock area seemingly got the worst of the fire.

I'm wondering now if they ripped the cap off and shoved a rag in the tank or something.

Many of the aluminium parts around the headstock actually melted almost entirely, I found the tip of one end of the bars, and a very malformed brake reservoir in the pile of ashes. Given the copper in the wires didn't melt it puts the fire temperature somewhere in the region of 650-1050°c so no wonder there is so little left. Even the rear tyre and end can melted!

Pretty much all that's salvageable is the front discs which were virtually brand new, possibly calipers, and the downpipes. Maybe the front wheel.

Anybody in need of those particular fazer bits feel free to drop me a PM!

Anyway I'll stop hijacking the thread now Razz

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:37 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I always thought it was a reasonable area.

I think it was a year or so ago that I posted that I'd never move back to Romford / Hornchurch and you asked me why not.
You don't notice it so much when you're living there, but it has changed a lot in the last twenty years.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:49 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true it has. My last home was in Harold Hill. I have been away just 6 years but bloody hell, I drove through the area a
while back, and even after 6 years its worse, I mean more enriched. And compared to 20 or even 30 years ago when I lived
in Dagenham the whole region has changed way way too much. I'm driving down that way tomorrow morning actually, but
that will be my last time this year and for as much of next year as I can manage to get away with.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:50 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happening to all the places just outside the M25.

Grays has never been a nice place but there were pockets of decent folk. I think they're all moving out to be replaced by dross. The street I live on is full of people that have been living there 25 years etc. When they retire / die I don't think I'm gonna like my new neighbours.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:59 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conan, it's not much and it's needs an MOT...Maybe more, probably not, but you can have my 250 ped. All you gotta do is collect. Same place.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Happening to all the places just outside the M25.

Grays has never been a nice place but there were pockets of decent folk. I think they're all moving out to be replaced by dross. The street I live on is full of people that have been living there 25 years etc. When they retire / die I don't think I'm gonna like my new neighbours.

You're not on that one nice posh road in Grays are you?

chris-red

PostPosted: 10:43 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it a 2002-2003 fazer 1000? If the front wheel is going it will fit my TDM... Shocked

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:44 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, no not on the nicest road. On one of the nicer roads. There's limited rioting - only happens once a month.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 14 of 36