Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Johnnythefox This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
owl This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:45 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Why are there so many Niggers in England?

You're worse than Hitler. But the final solution to your question is: the welfare state. We can discuss this further in the Politics section if you'd like, it's pretty much just sex and Nazis.

Courier265 wrote:
it's only a food delivery boy who is a bloody foreigner on L plates.

Well, now he's getting the full attention of the NHS, and he'll be on benefits and top rate assistance for life, all on our tax dollah.

So regardless of what he was doing here, Dindu has made him our problem now.

Short of gassing most of our inner cities (outside office hours, please) I honestly don't see a solution.

Oh, Dibble are claiming some magical success though:

MetPlod wrote:
Thefts of motorcycles and scooters fell 25% between July and September this year, while scooter-enabled crime fell 24%, according to figures released by the force.

Which means that they've recorded less of it.

Easy enough to do if you just no crime it, or folk simply give up on reporting it. It's why I keep urging folk to insist on being given a crime number, even if they don't believe (probably correctly) that a damn thing will be done.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrkel wrote:
It's definitely cultural. If you must generalize the UK situation, at least do it with UK categories; these people are in the underclass. There are lots of white underclass too. The local scooter gangs nearer to where I live are predominantly white - they haven't hassled me directly, yet. I've located the local burnt out scooter graveyard though.

The video you linked to is connected to US-specific issues. Black people in America have a history of slavery and injustice which leads to a feeling of grievance, especially for people who haven't had a good start in life, which in turn can lead to celebration of the tables being turned, just like any revenge thriller might tickle (or Bickle?) your own personal fantasies.

I agree, but they don't. US culture's assimilated over here, ultimately these are the black role models. Look at the BLM protests, WTF does that have to do with the UK, yet they still happened over here.

barrkel wrote:
It's a mix of perceived injustice, hopelessness, jealousy and alienation that drives this.

Personally, I come from a poor background and I know people who failed to walk the narrow precipitous path, and externalized the blame. When the world has wronged you (you think), you feel a lot less guilty striking out.

I probably fall into that category, and I blame the people who made growing up really f'ing shit, the same people who wreck a neighbourhoods reputation, meaning people think you're automatically scum.

I'm not out robbing people, neither are any of my mates (black/white etc.), and all we all came from the same backgrounds with the same social problems. By people justifying lets be frank, criminality, they're just enabling a perpetual cycle of hopelessness. It's extremely depressing.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 04 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

About knife crime but the first couple of minutes (of the first video) shows a scooter jacking by the Spurs ground: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41822965

155mph
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one bites the dust.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

155mph wrote:

Quote:
Bexley

Quote:
Eastern Way, SE28

Oh, of course, THAT Bexley, ie the London Borough of Bexley, which happens to include Thamesmead where the incident actually happened.

Well, couldn't have it pointed out that the area in which the actual incident occurred wasn't a posh predominantly white area like Sidcup or Danson Park - cos that would be well racist innit Laughing

That bit's just for the lulz really - it just seemed odd to describe the location of the incident as a place so broad as an entire London Borough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:03 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

155mph wrote:

Nearly. Spazzed for life will at least stop him doing all the things he Dindu, but a proper job would have been quicker and kinder for all concerned.

I hope that the constables and the vehicles are all right, and that the scooter is returned to its owner.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:15 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Nearly. Spazzed for life will at least stop him doing all the things he Dindu, but a proper job would have been quicker and kinder for all concerned.

as we now have to pay to incubate this vegetable

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:26 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, presented without comment.

News from the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) wrote:

New low with London acid attacks and Merseyside killing

This version: 2017 11 07 Embargo: IMMEDIATE

The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) has described the most recent acid attack as a ‘new low in bike crime’ and expressed its frustration at the shocking assault on a rider, potentially leaving him with a visual impairment.

MAG has offered its sincere sympathy to the victim of the attack, a delivery moped rider named Muhammed Nawshad Kamal, who was assaulted by thugs attempting to steal his moped in the Walthamstow area of London. MAG’s London Regional Representative Tim Fawthrop said ‘there’s not much to say which helps in this situation, except that a shudder went through the riding community when news of this attack became known. We’re already working with local authorities and the police to reduce bike crime, but our efforts have come too late for Mr Kamal and that grieves me as a rider and us as a movement.’

MAG’s National Chair, Selina Lavender, adds ‘after the relative success of preventing mass lawbreaking at Halloween, this incident dampens the mood and leaves me feeling exasperated that such criminal, lawless behaviour still exposes riders to continual danger. We’re drawing up a plan of action which we intend to share with relevant groups later in November, and with the next Home Office anti-bike crime meeting shortly after that. If ever there was a dreadful example of the constant peril bikers have to put up with, the attack on Mr Kamal is it.’

MAG understands that the police have arrested two teenagers for this attack and that acid was thrown at the victim more than once. While there are options regarding the penalty, it is worth noting that there have been calls for involving the parents or guardians. It has also been pointed out that compensation is a factor, given the potentially permanent effect this attack will have on the rest of the victim’s life. There is provision in law to hold people for very long periods if their crimes are serious enough and courts can commit people of any age to detention at Her Majesty’s pleasure, potentially indefinitely.

In separate incidents, a man in Merseyside was fatally stabbed by a number of criminals who used scrambler bikes for the assault, and reports are coming in regarding yet another acid attack. These appalling crimes underline the national nature of this epidemic. MAG is investigating the situation and has previously engaged with police on these matters.

Contact MAG at 01926 844 064 or central-office@mag-uk.org

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"by thugs attempting to steal his moped".

Scooter FFS Brick Wall
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you can't expect a motorcycle group to know the difference between those toys Whistle

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least this one got a chair to the face. Smile

https://metro.co.uk/2017/11/10/tapas-customers-fight-back-after-moped-gang-attacks-restaurant-7069528/

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/duty-cop-foils-moped-raiders-13877426

Today:

https://twitter.com/Trafficwmp/status/928899106336133120

Comments are interesting: seems plod have at last, at least on the face of it, toughened up -- written lightly -- with their tactics. Nothing new, of course -- comments below from twitter for those non-social media users.

Mat: Is it true that you can't chase a motorcycle thief if they take off their helmet? So you just have to let them go? I hear this from tales in London and Motorcycle thefts

Plod: Not true. But all pursuits, with cars and bikes, and risk assed continually and some will inevitably be abandoned due to risk

Mat: Risk to the public, thief, or both? Also, thank you for answering, I have the upmost respect for what you all do.

Plod: Both, and of course the risk to the officers themselves. Thanks for the support

Recent house raids and seizure of several bikes seems only to have sent them on the hunt for more.

Serendipity
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 10 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I saw a couple of little gentlemen stop abruptly at a bike park and quickly lift the cover off the front wheel of a scoot. I think they were probably just being public spirited and checking that the vehicle was safely locked.

https://i.imgur.com/QGDnmsyh.jpg

Then as I sat at the red light, observing them in my mirror, they seemed to become embarrassed by the attention their good deed was attracting and made off at high speed, u-turning through the red light, all the while shouting words of kindly encouragement and good cheer to all around. I suspect that they may have been in a hurry to retrace their steps to find the location where their number plate fell off.

https://i.imgur.com/nYDAirWh.jpg

This was on Goswell Road right outside the City, University of London.

Then coincidentally this morning I observed these 3 chaps crossing Pentonville Road and heading down Claremont Square. Wonder if they were heading off to help look for the missing number plate?....

https://i.imgur.com/QLPWVt1h.jpg

But on a serious note, this is the first time I’ve seen such shenanigans despite riding through these areas every day.

It's war in our times people!

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:38 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Not too shabby, a step in the right direction Popo bikers actually getting out there, I've never seen a police biker IRL.

Now we just need to see the fellas in yellow start billy clubbing the thieving twats off theirthe victims bikes and we may be on the path to relative safety again. Thumbs Up

What are they riding? seems rather offroady, least they have the tools to chase the fuckers now if so. (If not the job security)

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:27 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commuter_Tim wrote:
^^Not too shabby, a step in the right direction Popo bikers actually getting out there, I've never seen a police biker IRL.

They're even bigger cunts than regular coppers.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:58 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Commuter_Tim wrote:

They're even bigger cunts than regular coppers.

Entirely possible, but I say if they don't earn their £££ by taking dangerous fuckers off the road, then they can always fall back on doing people for fucking about on phones like the Aussies use them.
They could earn their salary in a day in my eyes.

Only a suicidal biker would side with the phone zombies.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:06 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure what they do, apart from blow their whistle at everyone, and occasionally throw themselves down the road www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkjxUQUP38E Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:29 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commuter_Tim wrote:
What are they riding?

Covered earlier, BMW F700GS, er... "scrambler" bikes.

Commuter_Tim wrote:
seems rather offroady

That's the intention, to seem that way, but they're not suitable for anything except tarmac use.

Pretty decent city bikes, to be fair. Good turning circle, filterable, stable, all torque gearing thread. Interesting that they're using them in groups. I suspect that an unarmed Lone Ranger confronting a pack of ferals might not result in the headlines that they want.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they only had two of them

there is three in that pic
unless one was a bloke being a wannabee

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:42 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
I thought they only had two of them

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/scotland-yard-unveil-new-tactics-in-crackdown-on-moped-gangs-including-new-scrambler-bikes-to-chase-a3672366.html

Four.

Perhaps one's been been stolen or broken down already.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:58 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recalled before the fronts fall off most likely Wink

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:09 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to put "recalled" in there, but the 800s are resolutely refusing to comply with modern BMW quality standards.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 11 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today: https://twitter.com/SheldonWMP/status/929050846733709312

"Stolen Moped recovered from Sheldon Country Park. Now for forensic examination"

u w0t m8? Think local plod are going for cops of the country award. Shocked

Poor uber rider, can't help feel they're an easy target for thieves: false order to unsuspecting house address and jump on / ride away.

Reminds me I haven't seen scootay boy that usually parks by me for a while. Then again a steering lock and an oxford 8 mm lying on the floor I wouldn't be surprised if it has gone. Fair cop though he did in his own words survive, "getting chased by two peds," not bad for a 50 cc.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 19 of 36