Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:48 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Rainpal® is a fucking piece of shit

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:25 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Rainpal® is a fucking piece of shit

True, but I'd be sure that none of the Adams have ever stolen a motorscooter.

Too much hazardrisk of dying in the rain.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:07 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'd be sure that none of the Adams have ever stolen a motorscooter.

He'll be sat there thinking how to corner that market... And he's certainly taken enough to buy a scoot.
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:32 - 24 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayor Munchkin is dealing with the situation by blaming manufacturers for making bikes that are too easy to steal.

To save you reading the most insightfullest comment:

London's pedestrians wouldn't get their phones jacked if they stopped using them.

London's yoofs wouldn't get stabbed so much if they all wore body armour.

London's women would get assaulted less if they covered up from head to toe.

I mean, you can't expect criminal predators to resist temptation now, can you?

All just part and parcel of living in a big city.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 25 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
London's yoofs wouldn't get stabbed so much if
...we learned a thing or two from Scotplod (apparently).

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 05:03 - 25 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are idiots, i fully disassemble my bike, pack it into 3-4 suitcases and than chain them to a fence. Only takes a few hours, you can't be too careful nowadays.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:04 - 25 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're going to 'design out' bike jacking too, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:11 - 25 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

South Africas answer to carjacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:48 - 25 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Mandatory RainPal® Evoution™ Scooshjet© on every bike, to wash-wipe the acid away.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:39 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

News from the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) wrote:

MAG comments on London Mayor’s summit with motorcycle manufacturers

This version: 2018 01 26 Embargo: IMMEDIATE

Representatives from Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, BMW and Piaggio were invited to meet with the Metropolitan Police, MOPAC, the Motorcycle Industry Association and Secure by Design at City Hall on 23rd January.
On social media, Sadiq Khan commented “today I met with leading motorcycle manufacturers to say it is vital they design anti-theft measures into their vehicles to help keep Londoners safe”.

Following the meeting, MCIA boss Tony Campbell commented “We know the Mayor would like to hear there is a ‘magic bullet’ which can be fitted to all bikes to stop them from being stolen, but unfortunately there isn’t. If there was, we would be fitting it, as theft is particularly damaging to business and to our customers.”

He went on to say “We have explained to the Mayor that a ‘layered’ approach to security is proving to be the most effective and realistic way of making theft more difficult. This uses a combination of new technologies like ‘tagging’ and ‘tracking’ and riders are encouraged to always supplement this with physical security in the form of locks and chains. However they need something to lock their bikes to, which is where City Hall can make a difference by providing more secure parking across London.

Powered two wheelers are a solution in reducing congestion in the capital, improving air quality and relieving the pressure on parking, as they do in other European cities. They need to be properly factored into London's transport planning over the long term and secure parking is one of the elements to ensure this is successful.”

Colin Brown of the Motorcycle Action Group’s TACT (The Anti-Crime Team) says:
“We wholeheartedly agree with Tony Campbell’s position that there is no single Silver Bullet solution. All parties need to accept responsibility for bringing this crime epidemic to an end. We are keen to see an immediate response to an immediate problem. The priority that the Metropolitan Police have given to the issue needs to be applauded, but we feel it is now time for Sadiq Khan and all local authorities to put their hands into their pockets to supply the kind of secure parking infrastructure that has been given to cyclists. This is a proven solution that can show results far sooner than any design changes to the machines that are being targeted by criminals. Riders need to be recognised as the primary victims and should be afforded the budgets required to support them just as the victims of any other crime are supported rather than blamed.
Equally we look forward to London’s Mayor delivering on the promises made during his election campaign. In 2016 Sadiq Khan said ‘I don’t make promises I can’t keep, so let me make a promise I can definitely honour. As Mayor, I will meet with representatives of riders’ rights organisations and learn at first-hand what you need and want. This will include a discussion about lane width and secure parking.’ Now is the time to deliver on that promise.”

Contact MAG at 01926 844 064 or central-office@mag-uk.org
ENDS

NOTES for editors

MCIA press release:
https://www.mcia.co.uk/newsstory/london-mayor-and-motorcycle-industry-to-work-together-to-reduce-motorcycle-and-scooter-crime

Mayors social media comment:
https://www.facebook.com/MayorofLondon/posts/591987331147428

Mayors Press Release
https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/mayor-working-to-end-moped-related-crime

Mayor’s letter to MAG
https://wiki.mag-uk.org/images/a/a6/Sadiq_Khan_MP_2016_03_26.docx

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing a bundle of joy to a deadded thread:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/valentines-day-shopper-attacked-scooter-14288131

Don't even know where to start: Burgman, parking in town or parking near dodgy bus stops. Sorry, chap.

Who's ready for another summer of hardly using the bike because thefts. *raises hand*.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:56 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bristol bike thief issues 'pay us or we'll burn it' ransom on Instagram to vintage motorcycle owner

‘If he wants it back he gotta pay or it gets burnt’

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-bike-thief-issues-pay-1206609

Bristol bike thief torches vintage motorcycle after issuing £1k Instagram ransom to owner

A video of the stolen 1951 Triumph Thunderbird was posted on social media by the alleged bike thief

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-bike-thief-torches-vintage-1210467

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Was just reading about this. My mate had his moped nicked from outside his flat this morning. Little did they know its
battery was as flat as a pancake and they couldn't get it started. They and it were recovered about 200m from where
it was stolen from, one of the yoots assaulting a police officer in the process. Laughing This was in the Filton area, my mate sent me
a text telling me about his attempted theft a few hours ago. I may go round with the van and bring it over to mine, I've got room
here for it. I imagine they will be back for it again soon. Crying or Very sad

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:02 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are very quick to judge, why not put yourself in these peoples position, imagine the awful life, the sheer miserable existence, marked out and condemned to suffer forever, just be thankful that it isn't you and you don't have to wear that tracksuit...........

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:06 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/valentines-day-shopper-attacked-scooter-14288131

Fake News wrote:
The registration number is BD07 BPM

No it's not. Or it's been unvehicled pretty darn quick.

Ste wrote:
Bristol bike thief issues 'pay us or we'll burn it' ransom on Instagram to vintage motorcycle owner

Clever move, going to the press. It appears to have resulted in the local dibble making a show of giving 5-quarters of a fvck. OpEd: Our police force is a laughing stock. It is being criticised and ridiculed across the country.

Of course, it didn't make a blind bit of difference, and the owner's reported happiness with the police response will end when he finds out about the revolving door at the local magistrates court.

Meanwhile, crimes committed on (stolen) motorscooters are up 600% in the centre of that London. Perhaps Caliph Khan will try to sue the manufacturers or real owners? After all, I hear they're to blame.

I'm with James May: we have to kill bike thieves. Nothing else will stop them.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:22 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also in Bristol...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/council-ban-mermaids-using-bristols-1211162

Council ban on mermaids using Bristol's swimming pools is 'putting them at risk'
They are forced to go wild swimming and that could be dangerous for them.

A mermaid called Stacie is calling on council chiefs to think again about their ban on allowing merpeople to swim in the city’s public pools.

And Stacie Orban is also appealing for anyone else who shares her passion for swimming with a tail rather than human legs to get in touch, so she can form something of a community of merpeople in the Bristol area.

The young mermaid loves nothing better than putting on a faux-fin and getting in the water, and said fears over their safety have been over-estimated.

Mermaid tails are currently prohibited from pools in Bristol and South Gloucestershire, but Stacie said even the most sophisticated silicone ones are only about as restrictive or unsafe as the average normal diving gear.

Because regular swimming pools do not allow mermaids, Stacie has to go wild swimming – often to locations far away in the sea, rivers, or outdoor waterways.

And she said that this ends up being even more dangerous, as the locations themselves are not as safe an environment as an indoor pool.

This also means she’s been unable to find anyone else within the mermaid community to meet up with.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
NJD wrote:

Fake News wrote:
The registration number is BD07 BPM

No it's not. Or it's been unvehicled pretty darn quick.

You mean to say to me that the right honourable gentlemen Mr Journalist of the fine institute of FakeNewsville and co. has lied to us? How dare ye!

To be fair, though, I didn't get that far because was too distracted by the image of a t-leaf sitting on the guys back as he "waited for a knife to go in." Ride me, big boy.

Been a quiet winter, truth be told. Once case of byklyf in a drove of 15-20 on the coventry road and a couple of lads on a stolen L plated dirt bike couple of days ago. Must be busy with college n tings.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:01 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
the image of a t-leaf sitting on the guys back as he "waited for a knife to go in." Ride me, big boy.

"Violently pummeling him from behind"... Pale

I swear I didn't know about this culture when I had a Burgman.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
NJD wrote:
the image of a t-leaf sitting on the guys back as he "waited for a knife to go in." Ride me, big boy.

"Violently pummeling him from behind"... Pale

"Criminal Minds" tells me that a knife is the rapists weapon of choice.
Apparently it's all about the penetration.

The comments saying "yeah wait until the Hells Angels get them" just make me cringe.
Whilst we may be waiting for vigilante justice, we will never get it.

If anybody was willing to ignore the law and "James May" the thieves, they would have already.
Sadly us victims are usually on the sane law abiding (mostly) side of the bench.

I would like to either skip forward or backwards 40 years and live there, either somewhere with a bit less chaos, or just the outright Mad Max world we will have soon where we can at least defend ourselves.
This middle ground is bullshit.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:47 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are Bristol Hells Angels so if bikelife are stupid enough / cocky enough then they could up the stakes. Thumbs Up

They go on about how they'll take any bike, blah blah blah... go on then, get yourselves some hells angels bikes.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/hundreds-bikers-bring-bristol-kingswood-247723

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Probably wasn't as much of a problem. I acknowledged bike theft when I first got the Arrow but acid and bike jacking's etc didn't really enter my knowledge until I got the Kwak and what happened in London on a daily basis was posted on the internet in like 2016, perhaps. Probably around the same time this byklyf flourished and modern theft as we know it became an every day expected occurrence.

I'd rather have the Kwak than the Arrow, though: far better security options and the ability to escape at half decent speeds.

<advert> Someone's Burgan coming to eye up a dirt bike near you soon. Thumbs Up </advert>

Ste wrote:
They go on about how they'll take any bike, blah blah blah... go on then, get yourselves some hells angels bikes.

One in Birmingham as well. Known for hanging around Yardley (handful of miles outside city centre) at specific pubs.

Reminds me of the time I was locking up my bike up at work and had two lads come over for a calm chat with one of them announcing that he takes bikes for fun because he can't afford his own. Rambling on about needing some imbolisor to get mine started and raging on about how the 16 mm (although he didn't know its size) would take some getting through. No older than 20, and that's a push.

Walked off in the end with his mate but made me laugh how open he was. Oh and I had a well built mate that comes over to chat while I lock up: probably why they were less than interested in trying something.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
There are Bristol Hells Angels so if bikelife are stupid enough / cocky enough then they could up the stakes. Thumbs Up

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/hundreds-bikers-bring-bristol-kingswood-247723

Ah right so it's just that the 1%ers won't end these scumbags for the greater good of the community, and the HA aren't being targeted. Sad

I wonder if wrapping some shitty plastics around a Harley would be enough to trick Bahlyf into nicking the wrong bike.
Either way Sons of Anarchy has a lot of misinformation to answer for.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:42 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Needs to happen. Is Arcane's offer still valid?

Where did Rufus go? Crying or Very sad

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:01 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Bringing a bundle of joy to a deadded thread:

Don't even know where to start: Burgman, parking in town or parking near dodgy bus stops. Sorry, chap.

Who's ready for another summer of hardly using the bike because thefts. *raises hand*.

If bike armour was where it should be then even knives shouldn't be a concern.

Rogerborg wrote:

Clever move, going to the press. It appears to have resulted in the local dibble making a show of giving 5-quarters of a fvck. OpEd: Our police force is a laughing stock. It is being criticised and ridiculed across the country.

So what makes those police incompetents but scotchplod stasi.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:51 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
So what makes those police incompetents but scotchplod stasi.

What sort of racist would assume they were mutually exclusive?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 41 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 25 of 36