Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
They're now acid-jacking scootays. .

Were they wearing open face helmets or did they have their visors open or?
It's not clear to me either way.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:57 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acidpal?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
There was a piece on the local (BBC) news tonight about how to protect yourself during an acid attack Shocked London has fallen, time to GTFO.

Yep, and on the radio a copper was saying the police focus will be on how it is too easy to steal a scooter (because stolen scooters are always involved), manufacturers at fault, etc, and acid should be made harder to buy. They're a flippin' lobby group now! Get out there, nick the bastards (or run them over, I don't care) and lock them up for a long time. Actually no, just run them over. Twice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
why would you scar someone for life just to steal a motorcycle?'.
Ste wrote:
As much as I dislike Diana Abbott, she does have a point

It may well be 'Just a bike' to Diana 'the fuck-wit'Abbott and to the thieving-scum, but in most cases it's an asset which has the victims money invested in it, and is probably their means of travel to work (and possibly at work, to earn), so it's not 'Just a bike' to them.
It's the equal of car-jacking but the scum can get away easier as plod isn't interested... Although to be fair, their hands are tied by the legal system here.
But in the most CCTV covered city in the world, they could still do a lot more about it if they could be bothered.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
They're now acid-jacking scootays. .

Were they wearing open face helmets or did they have their visors open or?
It's not clear to me either way.

Quote:
My helmet saved me," says London acid attack victim Jabed Hussain

He likely had the vents open or visor cracked I imagine.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

owl10
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:49 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane, the reason people use acid just to steal a scootay, is because they can.

Because they know there's fuck all the police will do about it.

Because even if they do get caught they won't get any real sentence.

Because the environment that you and politicians of similar ilk have created, that the view that the criminal is a victim too, the complete lack of focus on the victims of crime, has led to this being seen as acceptable behavior by these elements of society.

And until we get some proper enforcement of existing laws, and proper policing of crimes which blight the lives of ordinary people, we'll get more and more of this type of event occurring.

Better warm up your twitter for the next one, in case anyone thinks that youre not actually going to do anything about it....

Last edited by owl10 on 07:28 - 16 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, news is all over that idiot mp who's suggesting carrying acid should be a criminal offence.
Guess what, these scrotes are already criminals. They're not even hiding, they're riding around in broad daylight wearing balaclavas and no crash helmets.
He's also suggesting that all acid sales should be licensed. Yeah great, how many car dealers, part shops etc are going to have to register for that, and who's going to administrate it? It's not as if that'll stop the scrotes from using another weapon anyway. I'd rather my tax monies were spent on ridding society of the scrotes. They are the problem.

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:11 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Seems that delivery riders are now refusing to go into some boroughs after hours.

But don't say we have no-go areas because that's upsetting to people who don't want to hear that we have no-go areas.

London is an entire shithole no-go area.

Build a wall around the M25 and keep the scummy fucks, the hipster cunts, and the rest of the cockerney wankers locked away from decent society.

Yep, that sounds reasonable.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:

Build a wall around the M25 and keep the scummy fucks, the hipster cunts, and the rest of the cockerney wankers locked away from decent society.

Best drop in Kurt Russel after we build the wall too, to ensure those scumbags are truly fucked.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 03:18 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two teenagers have been arrested after acid was thrown in people's faces in five attacks over one night in London.

Surely not known to the police or in facebook. Amazing how quickly the means to track them became available and swift police action made London safe again.

It is not really difficult, mopped, youngsters in sweatpants, two up, maybe brandishing a hammer or an angle grinder.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 04:31 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a genuine question is it possible to get a petition to vote on changing laws? Like the laws for criminals on stolen bikes etc, and that riding a stolen bike forfeits these basic rights and laws? Then police can just punt them off and it should sort the problem, as well as make good tv.

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:21 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some knobjockey at the BBC wrote:
22:25 BST: A 32-year-old man on a moped in Hackney Road is left with facial injuries after a moped, with two male riders, pulls up alongside and attacks him.
Shocked

'Kin 'ell, even the fucking mopeds are joining in!
Antisocial bastards. Thumbs Down

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 07:21 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
This is a genuine question is it possible to get a petition to vote on changing laws?

No.

I'd say the a lot of the problem are caused by the courts as if the police do arrest the thieving acid spraying knife wielding scum then the scum are most likely to only get a slap on the wrists and be straight back out doing it all again.

Further to that, if the thieves crash or get injured when the police are trying to arrest them then there's every chance that the officers involved would be hung out to dry by their superiors. When they stand to lose their jobs and face criminal charges for doing their jobs, it's kind of understandable why they don't want to take those risks, especially when even if they do manage to catch the scum, the courts aren't going to deal with them appropriately anyway.

Shit rolls down hill. It's not the people at the sharp end who make the policies and procedures about what they're allowed to do or who gets hung out to dry

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:54 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why these pedders don't just nod at one another like we do? It's much safer.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:30 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I don't understand why these pedders don't just nod at one another like we do? It's much safer.

If they'd done a nice deep nod the acid would have just dissolved the top of their helmet. Not nodding is bad, mmkay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:20 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day in London. Rolling Eyes

Greenwich murder: Man stabbed to death by two moped riders in south east London

A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed to death by two attackers on a moped in south-east London.

The 31-year-old man was fatally wounded during a clash in which shots were also fired in Greenwich town centre in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The victim had first been approached by the pair of attackers in King William Walk at 12.15am, police said.

The attackers, both male, fled the scene on the moped and emergency services arrived to find the man with stab injuries.

Despite the efforts of the police and the London Ambulance Service, he was declared dead at the scene.

The victim's next of kin have been informed.

Detectives have launched a murder investigation and said they "retain an open mind as to the motive" of the horrific attack.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/greenwich-murder-man-stabbed-to-death-by-two-moped-riders-in-southeast-london-a3588576.html

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm out of the place. The 2 years I spent there up to 2015 while working at the office and living on my boat were not the most enjoyable I have ever had but they weren't that bad. It seems to have deteriorated drastically over the last couple of years.

My mate was mugged outside Southall tube station. The police knew who they were (CCTV) but told my mate not to come back through there as the scumbags would know he had shopped them, Rolling Eyes Who was the victim?

It's like the shitholes that certain areas have become due to immigration/non integration. The people in power don't see a problem as it doesn't affect them in their guarded mansions.

I think I shall buy an old farm house in mid Wales for less than smilers house in Stoke, become an off the grid spoon whittler and dig a compost loo. Luxury. Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:34 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exterminating the population of London would be a small price to pay to end the madness of mis-using the term "moped".

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking a different way tbh.

The hard Brexit will hopefully (I'm dreaming) encourage all the big corporations and HQ's to pack in London and Swan off abroad in protest because quite literally their economic bubble had been burst. When that happens London won't be the place that people aspire to work in and the work will emigrate elsewhere along with the opportunities.

After that you won't need to exterminate anyone, as there won't be any good people there with jobs. The pondlife will stay though as there'll be more scope for crime, looting and generally surviving in a city as a opposed to anywhere else.

TL;Dr London will eat itself.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:37 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid attackers strike AGAIN as they target rider with noxious substance in new attempted moped theft in east London
Two males on a moped squirted noxious substance at victim on Friday at 5pm
The man was on his bike when the duo tried to steal it from him in east London
Incident comes less than 24 hours after five people were targeted with acid

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4698870/Acid-attackers-strike-rider-targeted-London.html

Rolling Eyes

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:53 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I was thinking a different way tbh.

The hard Brexit will hopefully (I'm dreaming) encourage all the big corporations and HQ's to pack in London and Swan off abroad in protest because quite literally their economic bubble had been burst. When that happens London won't be the place that people aspire to work in and the work will emigrate elsewhere along with the opportunities.

After that you won't need to exterminate anyone, as there won't be any good people there with jobs. The pondlife will stay though as there'll be more scope for crime, looting and generally surviving in a city as a opposed to anywhere else.

TL;Dr London will eat itself.

This is not something that anyone in the UK should be hoping for. The 'London Economy' pays a huge proportion of UK taxes. Without it we are well and truly fucked. Also, it's likely a hard brexit may result in an exodus of reputable companies from the city and the like, but Theresa May's dream of a low tax haven would result in us becoming the 'new cayman islands' with lots of dodgy Russian and far eastern banks moving here for the low regulation.

Basically we'll be a banana republic without the bananas.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:

Not a bad idea. Have some main gates in the wall with visa required to enter and then it'll keep out the yokels/Norven scum, etc etc Laughing
Once it's set up around London then it's guaranteed they'd do the same to all the other shit-holes like Manchester, Liverpool, etc etc well all the big cities.
Followed by anywhere there's any crime... ever

Obviously that wouldn't actually stop any crime as the thieving-scum/pikeys etc will all be allowed to go wherever they want as it's their Human Rights to do so.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:
The hard Brexit will hopefully (I'm dreaming) encourage all the big corporations and HQ's to pack in London and Swan off abroad in protest

This is not something that anyone in the UK should be hoping for. The 'London Economy' pays a huge proportion of UK taxes. Without it we are well and truly fucked.

Most large/multi-national companies have already set up a 'Continental European' HQs to allow them the flexibility to get around any business limitations this Brexit may cause.
Lots in Brussels, Luxemborg and Liechtenstein, but other places as well.
So far they're predominantly just a shell/contact office but if necessary they'll move the whole operation out there and the UK will have vastly reduced tax income and load more unemployed.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 15 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
This is a genuine question is it possible to get a petition to vote on changing laws? Like the laws for criminals on stolen bikes etc, and that riding a stolen bike forfeits these basic rights and laws? Then police can just punt them off and it should sort the problem, as well as make good tv.

As others have said, I can't see the court of human rights allowing it (the way they do in non EU countries).
But if you start a petition on the GOV petitions web-site then I'd certainly sign it.
Although I'd guess It would do nothing more than highlight how pissed off the country is that thieving scum can get away with anything...

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 16 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chopper was out last night...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1739873776312972&substory_index=0&id=1537599889873696

3 up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 279 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 4 of 36