Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Toilet Paper abroad

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Do you flush or bin your shitty toilet paper abroad
Of course I bin my toilet paper, we should respect other cultures primitive sewage system
32%
 32%  [ 18 ]
I don't want shitty toilet paper in my hotel room
67%
 67%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 55

Alan1986
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 06:55 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Toilet Paper abroad Reply with quote

Having had a recent holiday I was wondering whether it was just me

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:04 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No option to bring home in top box and put on compost heap Tut Tut
Surely most people do that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:41 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Toilet Paper abroad Reply with quote

Alan1986 wrote:
Having had a recent holiday I was wondering whether it was just me

Ffs, where did you go, Scotland?

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I try to stay in the civilised world Folded arms

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:41 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered about the bog roll in a bin and not flushed. I could never go to one of those places.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bin. Always. Then I perform a sort of arse-wipe origami and fold the paper so the er.....skid marks are hygienically concealed. Apparently advanced wipers can rustle up a schooner or a swan in flight, which is always a treat for the maid when she empties the bin and a corucopia of delights tumbles out. Laughing

Incidentally this story is a trigger for me Crying or Very sad

Many years ago I went on holiday to one of the smaller Greek islands with a new "friend". After wiping I put the paper down the bowl and went to join my "friend" on the terrace for breakfast. A few minutes later, the chambermaid appeared, shouting and holding up a dripping ball of used bog roll, shouting in broken English that I should have put it in the bin. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I'm still suffering PTSD and flashbacks.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:49 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about smell and diseases. having a basket full of poo won't smell the best, as for the person who has to empty said basket??????.

It should be an EU Law that bogs be flushable with all it's contents.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to do the bin thing, see above re smell and flies, cos fuck that.

I'd rather waddle over to the shower and clean my arse with the shower attachment

(if its not one of those ones that have the helpful bum-gun shower arsewash thingie behind the toilet anyway).

I understand and appreciate the point of bidets much better these days.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF talking about poo! Thumbs Up now I know the planets are aligned and all is good in the world Thumbs Up

Strange country, strange culture, bad guts = massive poo clean up mission = full bin =very unhappy maid Laughing Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
, as for the person who has to empty said basket??????

If its a cultural thing in that country, then the people who do that job are used to it, and used to being paid the equivalent of two matchsticks to do it.

Tip well.
It will make you feel better about filling the poohey-paper bin.

... or about fucking up the hotel's water system with your flushed toilet paper (and let's not mention the baby wipes all us Westerners carry with us when we travel...)

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
(and let's not mention the baby wipes all us Westerners carry with us when we travel...)

Ahh, now, not guilty on that front, those I do put in the bin Angelic however, I never wipe my giblets with them either Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:54 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
hellkat wrote:
(and let's not mention the baby wipes all us Westerners carry with us when we travel...)

Ahh, now, not guilty on that front, those I do put in the bin Angelic however, I never wipe my giblets with them either Laughing

Guilty as charged, but there again we had the Victorians to thank for those.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, by "giblets", do you mean your front bottom?
Or is that a euphemism for your arse?

Cos its alright to put the paper/baby-wipes in the bin if its frontbottom stuff; I do that myself quite often (even at home, cos I fiercely disapprove of flushing baby-wipes)

Just not poo-flavour anything.

Last edited by hellkat on 14:06 - 14 May 2017; edited 1 time in total

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

Guilty as charged, but there again we had the Victorians to thank for those.

? For what? Baby wipes or giblets Confused Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I suppose the polite Western thing to do to manage our anxieties would be to put the poohey paper into one of those revoltingly-scented baby nappy-bags and THEN put it in the bin.

No doubt there are sophisticated and organised Westerners who already remember to take such things on their travels to foreign climes.

But as I am not yet a regular visitor to that sort of country, its not been an issue for me (yet).

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
put the poohey paper into one of those revoltingly-scented baby nappy-bags and THEN put it in the bin.

Or launch it into a tree. Oh wait, that's dog-walkers. Sick
Sorry, off-topic! Wink
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/14/dog-owners-urged-use-stick-flick-method-instead-poo-bags/

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Cyprus in the bigger towns and resorts and in modern properties (like ours) the plumbing is modern and can accept toilet paper.

However, in the rural areas and older properties it is more likely that there'll be a broken, (lid doesn't close) overflowing bin next to the khazi. I wonder why though, because foreign toilet paper disintegrates as soon as it touches you so surely is dissolves when you flush it anyway.

Interesting that Hellkat raises the bidet issue. I'm a fan too in one way, they are great for bathing the baby and getting sand off your feet.

However if I visit anyone's house and find a bidet my first thought is that they must have dried their arse on the towel. Sick so I always dry my hands on their curtains. Just in case......

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely use bog roll at all. Here or abroad. I'm a morning crapper, then I wash my arse over the side of the bath or
in the shower if I shower early, although I prefer to shower before bed. This is a habit born from a great many years
suffering with piles and having to push arse giblets back up after a movement. Arse fixed now, but still washy
washy instead of wipey wipey.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
piles

Gee, I wish I hadn't googlepixed that.
Brick Wall

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been to some wonderous places where poo goes onto a hole under a plank and bog paper is leaf you grab on the way(Borneo) to self cleaning and sterilising bogs that you don't want to stay in too long in case it happens when you are sitting down (Japan)

I stayed in one hotel in a place called Catia Del Mar in Venezuela. It had no windows and lots of live stock, especially eating in the poo paper bin. Quite weird having a lizard watching you have a crap and waiting for the poo paper. Sick

I don't use poo bins if I can help it.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:28 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Gee, I wish I hadn't googlepixed that.
Brick Wall

I wish I hadn't had them, they hurt like fuck.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
So, by "giblets", do you mean your front bottom?
Or is that a euphemism for your arse?.

I don't have a front bottom, cos if I did, I'd never leave my house Laughing
'Giblets ' ? Just a term for all that 'stuff' I keep in my underpants , front and back Thumbs Up

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 14 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

In India the majority of people just use water and their hand. Even the rich ones. I remember meeting a guy who used to work for Apple, he said when on business trips in swanky Indian hotels he'd write a note saying that they need to stop westernising everything because he doesn't want bog roll, he wants water, and he's sick of having to specially buy bottles of it to clean his arse because the posh rooms aren't kitted out for the traditional Indian way.

At the hippy camp I stayed at when I was in India, they used squat toilets where the poo was collected, mixed with sawdust and used for compost on the plants they grew. Most westerners there used bog roll and chucked it in with the poo/sawdust mix, but others wanted to be super eco vegan types and got into the 'water' method. I'll never forget the time I was busy washing my clothes, I got talking to an American girl next to me who had the obvious stench of poo coming off her hands which must have been having a good scrub at her bumhole just moments before.

On the topic of binning or flushing bog roll, I usually bin it. Can't be arsed being the one who gets publicly shamed for causing a blockage.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2