Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 04:52 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same 'visual effect'...Some clarrification here is required.. it is a rather relative question.
a) Same effect to you, on your vision, on.... well... not being able to see where your going in the dark, illegal tint visors may have
b) Same visual effect, on others, who wont be able to your ugly mug in the hat, if they are even looking, so they might think "Oh! Cool shades dude!" rather than, err... "Oh that ugly fukka.. I better SMIDSY him!"

GO TRY THE THING ON!

That is how you choose a helmet! Not by the features and options in the brochure!

Meanwhile sod the 5-star sharpe rating, or the % of accidents the chin-piece stays closed! Fall off at walking pace, makes sod all odds! Face plant a Scania flat out, STILL makes sod all odds!

Safety comes from USING your head, not sticking it in a plastic pot and 'thinking' you got the matter covered! Crashing HURTS.. end off. Safety then comes from NOT CRASHING! Worry about that, and being able to watch your own arse, kid, 'cos no other fukka will for you! No matter how cool you think you look behind a tinted visor!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:16 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
I want to look like a double hard bastard in my lid, with a dark visor so people cant see my face.

this is what I read.

why do you NEED a modular helmet? or is it just that you WANT one?

either way, does it matter how 'hard' you look on a 125? Laughing

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:16 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

groovylee wrote:
Arcane1729 wrote:
I want to look like a double hard bastard in my lid, with a dark visor so people cant see my face.

this is what I read.

No... It's so his Ped Boi mates can't recognise him as the lad who left his bike on the footpath in bits and it was taken away as scrap Laughing

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:18 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let your helmet fail and crush your face. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:26 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes troll.

Bye troll Thumbs Down

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:27 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:

Hey I do look hard right now

No, you look like a stiff breeze would fell you if it blew through your mophead hair do.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:47 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this stuff: https://amzn.eu/fdjZaSC

Take visor off.
Do it in a ventilated area away from draughts or winds (so don't do it outside).
Mask the entire outer surface of the visor, you don't want any overspray to get to that side.
Carefully build up spray with several light coats about 15 mins apart. Reckon 3-4 will give a smoke effect, any more and you risk not being able to see through it.

You're welcome.

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 09:31 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
The same 'visual effect'...Some clarrification here is required.. it is a rather relative question.
a) Same effect to you, on your vision, on.... well... not being able to see where your going in the dark, illegal tint visors may have
b) Same visual effect, on others, who wont be able to your ugly mug in the hat, if they are even looking, so they might think "Oh! Cool shades dude!" rather than, err... "Oh that ugly fukka.. I better SMIDSY him!"

GO TRY THE THING ON!

That is how you choose a helmet! Not by the features and options in the brochure!

Meanwhile sod the 5-star sharpe rating, or the % of accidents the chin-piece stays closed! Fall off at walking pace, makes sod all odds! Face plant a Scania flat out, STILL makes sod all odds!

Safety comes from USING your head, not sticking it in a plastic pot and 'thinking' you got the matter covered! Crashing HURTS.. end off. Safety then comes from NOT CRASHING! Worry about that, and being able to watch your own arse, kid, 'cos no other fukka will for you! No matter how cool you think you look behind a tinted visor!

What happened to the other 95% of Tefs post ?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
Try this stuff: https://amzn.eu/fdjZaSC

Take visor off.
Do it in a ventilated area away from draughts or winds (so don't do it outside).
Mask the entire outer surface of the visor, you don't want any overspray to get to that side.
Carefully build up spray with several light coats about 15 mins apart. Reckon 3-4 will give a smoke effect, any more and you risk not being able to see through it.

You're welcome.

I've found that 4 layers of black bin liner blocks just the right amount of sun/makes me look cool.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I've found that 4 layers of black bin liner blocks just the right amount of sun/makes me look cool.

Don't get the 'funny' rating? I'm serious this plasticote stuff really does work and you don't get any optical effects from it. I remember looking at window tinting spray before someone pointed me at this stuff, it's way cheaper and tbh the tint spray was patchy after I tried it.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
I need a modular helmet. 87% of recorded crashes faceguard remained fully on- amazing stat.

Is it amazing though? A safety device with a 13% failure rate in recorded crashes (assuming that's real events, not lab tests) could mean that the front came off anytime it struck the ground. Buy it and pray you only ever bump the back of your head, perhaps.

Marclev
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:23 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

groovylee wrote:
Arcane1729 wrote:

this is what I read.

I bet you wear a high vis jacket, right?

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 11:10 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Arcane1729 wrote:
I need a modular helmet. 87% of recorded crashes faceguard remained fully on- amazing stat.

Is it amazing though? A safety device with a 13% failure rate in recorded crashes (assuming that's real events, not lab tests) could mean that the front came off anytime it struck the ground. Buy it and pray you only ever bump the back of your head, perhaps.

I assume that the very notion of wearing a dedicated 'open' face helmet, then is an utter anathema to you......

Personally, I actually rather like not having my head stuck in a goldfish bowl that restricts my vision and steams up regularly, and the extra peripheral vision to spot idiots and avoid being brought down to 'need' the pretty much only assumed 'extra protection'.

Wind in my face, dog-with-head- out-the-car-window 'sensation' of speed, and direct interaction with my immediate environment, coupled with some slightly elevated sense of insecurity, does tend to make me think twice about cracking the taps a bit wide so often... or darting into danger, looking at it all through a letter-box like a VR head-set, detached from everything that's not really 'real'!!

Also amusing to be stood behind ped-bois being roasted by middle age counter clerks to take their helmets off, and then have them turn and ask "How can I help you sir?" oblivious of the hat just because they can see my ugly mug in full! Has similar effect on the attitude of other driver's on the road, too.. some even SMILE at you, rather than steer into your path and start playing with the stereo to avoid eye contact!

Merits of the flip, though, as neither fish-nor-foul compromise, I have always had reservations over, until I got a Sharke Evoline, that had a chin-piece that rotates a full 180 to the back of the hat, leaving functional visor at the front and no 'air-brake' on the top, so can be worn, on the move as either a Full-Face or Open, and even switched twix the two, on the move, and other than being a tad on the heavy side, is pretty much the best of both worlds.

But, if you cant appreciate an 'open', unlikely you'd appreciate a flip. Enjoy life in your goldfish bowl..... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whyfor you buy Arai visor for Caberg helmet? Neutral

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
I assume that the very notion of wearing a dedicated 'open' face helmet, then is an utter anathema to you......

Personally, I actually rather like not having my head stuck in a goldfish bowl that restricts my vision and steams up regularly, and the extra peripheral vision to spot idiots and avoid being brought down to 'need' the pretty much only assumed 'extra protection'.

Wind in my face, dog-with-head- out-the-car-window 'sensation' of speed, and direct interaction with my immediate environment, coupled with some slightly elevated sense of insecurity, does tend to make me think twice about cracking the taps a bit wide so often... or darting into danger, looking at it all through a letter-box like a VR head-set, detached from everything that's not really 'real'!!

.....But, if you cant appreciate an 'open', unlikely you'd appreciate a flip. Enjoy life in your goldfish bowl..... Wink

I like the look and some of the potential benefits you've stated but an open-faced helmet is likely to bring on my laryngospasm among other disadvantages. But you pay your money and you take your choice. My point was don't pay for something which won't do the job. If I was going to buy a flip-front helmet I'd want it to stay on. Anyway, Arcane1729 has resolved that point. Your impression of a "letter box" view from a full face is inaccurate though.

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so you think those visors will fit this helmet...

https://billyscrashhelmets.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Caberg-Duke-crash-helmet-featured.jpg

Take a look at the shape - I think the smoke colour is the least of your issues.

Also notice that this helmet has a flip-down internal sun shade, for that Top Gun fighter pilot look, so no dark visor needed (and as a bonus, you're all legal and stuff).

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
I want this: Caberg Duke

Trouble is they only make the following visors for this helmet (see pic)

None of them are dark smoke- however they do have a dark smoke pinlock insert for it.?

I've had a Caberg Duke for a few years now.
It's got a drop down sun visor, so I guess they think most people won't want a dark visor.

It is a very nice Modular helmet but suffers from being noisy.
Ear-plugs are needed if you spend any time on NSL roads.
That's a permanent search for me. I'm using Silicon putty plugs (but not great) as I can't get on with foam plugs and I'm too much of a cheapskate for custom ear plugs...

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

Marclev wrote:
I bet you wear a high vis jacket, right?

Your point being what exactly?

As it happens, I do occasionally, when on saaarf east jollys to europe etc. mostly for laughs (a bit of an in joke in our group) Also in conjunction with my dark visor, which, unlike the OP, I can get for my lid. I don't have it to make me look hard - I ride an underpowered 600 sportsbike ffs I have it to stop glare, like the majority of people I expect Rolling Eyes

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:12 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
I'm using Silicon putty plugs (but not great) as I can't get on with foam plugs and I'm too much of a cheapskate for custom ear plugs...

Mould your own custom plugs: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262185481636

Earplugs thread derailment.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you wan't a smoked visor for a lid with an internal sun visor? Surely, the point of buying such a thing is so you DON'T have to fuck about with switching visors.

It's hardly surprising that they don't bother to produce what must seem to them to be a totally unnecessary accessory.

If you wan't to look badass, buy a badass lid. There is nothing cool about flip fronts and internal sun visors. Practical is never cool! Laughing

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 18 May 2017    Post subject: Re: They don't make a dark smoke visor for the helmet I want Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Alpineandy wrote:
I'm using Silicon putty plugs (but not great) as I can't get on with foam plugs and I'm too much of a cheapskate for custom ear plugs...

Mould your own custom plugs

I'm just waiting on the delivery of another option, but If it doesn't work then this is the next option to try. thanks.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2