Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda cg125 Nutral problems

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Owen Allen
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:46 - 22 May 2017    Post subject: Honda cg125 Nutral problems Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I bought a Honda cg 125 2005 today, when I bought the bike I was told that gears in the low end were harder to change (I was also given a replacement gearbox and told the seller didn't have time to change it)

I began my ride home and the bike preformed well, I stalled a few times but neutral was relatively easy to find (first or second time)

after a few more stalls it became increasingly hard to find and almost imposable to find and eventually took 5 mins to just get natural, iv had to leave the bike at a friends half way home, about 10 miles for pick up

any suggestions on what the problem is?

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 07:27 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

you left the bike at a friends because you couldn't find neutral? Think i would of just pulled the clutch in rather than walk home.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:21 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you dive into the gearbox, change the oil and adjust the clutch cable so that there's minimal free play in it. My CG125 copy-engine was a little fussy about finding neutral when it got hot.

Absolute worst case, you can stop the engine, put it into neutral and restart. It's not a cause for abandoning the bike.

Owen Allen
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:37 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm having trouble getting it into Nutral when it's off more than when it's on, I can only start the bike when it's in Nutral because it won't start in first

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:01 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's not great.

Have a look at the gearshift lever. Is it securely clamped on to the input shaft?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 338 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1