Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Big bada boom in Manchester.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
They didn't bomb Iron Maiden 2 weeks earlier, because even terrorists have taste.

Besides everyone would have run to the hills.

too soon?

On a more serious, maiden related note, I saw them in Birmingham on Sunday and was very surprised by the complete lack of security there.

Not even so much as a pat down before being allowed access to the arena. Can't remember the last time I got into a gig without being felt up!

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on that remaining the same.

"Europe has to get used to this" - @KattyKayBBC

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/866988283615641600

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:45 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeypony wrote:
Not even so much as a pat down before being allowed access to the arena. Can't remember the last time I got into a gig without being felt up!

Security checkpoints are great for stopping or deterring retail wrong 'uns, but they create crowds that wholesale mass murderers can target.

However in this case it seems like the snackbarista just walked into the crowd afterwards as they were coming out and mass murdered them, rendering any security (real or theatrical) irrelevant.

You cannot win against suicide bombers with passive or reactive defences. If you want to stop them you have to take them out one way or another well before they go off, on mere suspicion. Preferably from behind, while they are asleep.

This seems like a statement of the bleedin' obvious, but the point is that as a society we need to tell our representatives to go ahead and choose the lesser of two evils, i.e. the probability of more isolated slaughter of the innocents, Jean Charles de Menezes stylee, rather than the certainty of more mass slaughter of the innocents like this.

That Sadiq Khan got away with saying that snackbar is just "part and parcel of living in a big city" is horrifying. I need a vigil to get over it.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@gmpolice
With regards to last night’s incident at the Manchester arena, we can confirm we have arrested a 23-year-old man in South Manchester.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Quote:
@gmpolice
With regards to last night’s incident at the Manchester arena, we can confirm we have arrested a 23-year-old man in South Manchester.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4457331#4457331

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeypony wrote:
duhawkz wrote:
They didn't bomb Iron Maiden 2 weeks earlier, because even terrorists have taste.

Besides everyone would have run to the hills.

too soon?

On a more serious, maiden related note, I saw them in Birmingham on Sunday and was very surprised by the complete lack of security there.

Whereas the O2 in Angel Islington were doing bag-searches so nobody took in their own food and drink (which the missus successfully snuck in...ooh, coulda been semtex butties!).

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

This seems like a statement of the bleedin' obvious, but the point is that as a society we need to tell our representatives to go ahead and choose the lesser of two evils, i.e. the probability of more isolated slaughter of the innocents, Jean Charles de Menezes stylee, rather than the certainty of more mass slaughter of the innocents like this.

Next thing you know, gobshite protester Jonny 'Anti-establishment but harmless' McSmith gets his head blown off by pigs because they 'thought' his Snickers was a hand grenade.

But that would never happen, right?

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Quote:
@gmpolice

It was his brother they arrested in Chorlton, and they carried out a controlled explosion and had armed coppers at Elsmore Rd, in Fallowfield according to reports circulating on Twitter.

They also nicked some twat on Market St, after he shouted, "Bomb" in the Arndale Centre, which had them panic and evacuate the building.

GMP are tactfully economical with information, so as not to offend the sensibilities of snowflakes and would-be snackbaristas and snackbarista lookalikes, as is their way.

CliveFa
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a very erudite bloke speaking on the Jeremy Vine show (R2) today who had been a member of ISIL.
He stated that according to the fanatic teachings of that group:
1. There is no western country that is immune from attack.
2. There is no venue within those countries that is immune from attack.
3. There are no innocent men, women, or children in those countries.
4. All westerners are regarded as enemies and must be eliminated.

My take on that is that it comes down to us or them. I am in favour of eradicating them first.

Donald, Teresa, Angela et al - show them what we're capable of, please.

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

just seen this

Quote:
The Manchester suicide bomb suspect has been named as Salman Abedi by US officials.

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CliveFa wrote:
My take on that is that it comes down to us or them. I am in favour of eradicating them first.

Donald, Teresa, Angela et al - show them what we're capable of, please.

Good luck on that appeal. May and Merkel will do little, especially the latter who will merely facilitate the influx of more recruits. Trump is mired in the swamp he claimed he was going to drain, as well as having just recently sucked up to Saudi Arabia, and made a $110 billion arms deal with them. The Saudis are a prime source of fundamentalist Islamic terror, which they both fund and arm, as well as ideologically school and fuel.

If you expect any of the current crop of politicians to do anything, except as the Independent proudly proclaims, "Carry on exactly as before", with some self or agenda-serving legislation and grandstanding along the way, then you will be sorely disappointed.

The war with Islamic terrorism will carry on, on your own soil, for a long time to come. You will first have to deal with both the virtue signalling deluded public and alleged public "servants", that need to come to terms with calling it for what it is. When they can't even use the term "suicide bomber", let alone "(Islamic) terrorism" and have to play about with semantics just so a large segment of the problem population isn't offended, and the left-liberal virtue signallers don't throw a hissy fit then the problem will carry on, and will only get worse. The Islamic fundamentalists think you're degenerate and weak (a view they share with those on the far right that oppose them) and therefore ripe and deserving to be targeted. You will not win anything by talking about love and peace, when the enemy despises this weakness, and will kill you just the same for it.

Expect nothing from your leaders. You're sheep, expect to get herded.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
just seen this

Quote:
The Manchester suicide bomb suspect has been named as Salman Abedi by US officials.

Telegraph wrote:
Born in Manchester in 1994, the second youngest of four children his parents were Libyan refugees who came to the UK to escape the Gaddafi regime.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber-know/

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.sanantonio.gov/portals/0/Images/DIO/WordBubbleFinalDIO.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:09 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greater Manchester Chief Constable Ian Hopkins wrote:
However, now, more than ever, it is vital that our diverse communities in Greater Manchester stand together and do not tolerate hate.

Don't tolerate hate. So what was last night then? Allegedly it's something we've got to accept as being part of a multi-cultural city, just another daily nuisance, but don't tolerate hate. My doublethink circuits just exploded.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
Greater Manchester Chief Constable Ian Hopkins wrote:
However, now, more than ever, it is vital that our diverse communities in Greater Manchester stand together and do not tolerate hate.

Don't tolerate hate. So what was last night then? Allegedly it's something we've got to accept as being part of a multi-cultural city, just another daily nuisance, but don't tolerate hate. My doublethink circuits just exploded.

That's not quite their intention from what I can tell. Roughly speaking they are appealing for people to not fight back or do anything about it because those in power don't want to have to deal with these kinds of big awkward problems for which there are no easy answers. Instead they want to pretend there isn't a problem and hope it goes away by itself.

Diversity -> Yes, the Emperor has no clothes, but if say it you will be arrested. It's like people worshiping King Jong Un, if they don't, they get fired.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:45 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, western governments create an enemy out of thin air in order to further their command & control of the moron masses and everyone falls for it.

This is why our world has been trashed and our civilisation and societies are the sewers they are.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing kids on a concert is sick.

Ste wrote:
1. This has nothing to do with Islam.
2. The guy was a mentally ill 'lone wolf'.
3. Those who object to points 1 and 2 are racists.
4. Change your Facebook profile photo to include the flag of the targeted country.
5. Light some candles, hold a vigil and go on a peace march.
6. Wait for the next snackbar to happen.

Thumbs Up

I like your clever list. Have you not forgot something?

If you follow your angry logic we must round up all christians too, because Branch Davidians are christians right?

Can we keep our calm and blame only the people responsible please? Like ISIS for example.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

If you follow your angry logic we must round up all christians too, because Branch Davidians are christians right?

Can we keep our calm and blame only the people responsible please? Like ISIS for example.

The problem is Val individualism is only granted to certain groups. While collectivism and all of group X are Y is applied to other groups.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

The Branch Davidians didn't kill kids. They put their children in "the bunker", a reinforced concrete building in the compound so they wouldn't get killed. What killed the children was the shaped charge that Delta Force put on top of the bunker roof during their assault. I'd recommend watching Waco: Rules of Engagement or Waco: A New Revelation since you're currently a fan of the Hollywood TV movie story.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many of the doctors, nurses, taxi drivers, anyone else who chipped in last night, were Muslim?

Curious as to whether or not they all didn't help, you know, cos Muslamics.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

If you follow your angry logic we must round up all christians too, because Branch Davidians are christians right?.

Any adult who believes in a mystical deity in this day and age is at best, a weirdo. At worst, an extremely dangerous weirdo.

So yes, it really is time that society starts eradicating these idiots. The are now now, and to be honest always have been, a pox on the human race.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:56 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

"Are"? I think we got that lot.

Val wrote:

It's not an organisation that you can decapitate, it's an ideology that can manifest anywhere, at any time, with whatever new face and name it likes. Same instruction manual though.

Do you think Abedi was carrying a membership card?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:08 - 23 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diversity Alert at Critical - snackbar imminent.

Well, we had a good run. See you in hell, you glorious arseholes.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 329 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18