Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Big bada boom in Manchester.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:31 - 16 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Compo

"Each family of those who died in the Manchester terror attack is to receive a quarter of a million pounds from the We Love Manchester Fund.

The public donated to this fund to help those affected by the attack at an Ariana Grande concert which killed 22 and injured many others.

Sue Murphy, chair of the fund and deputy leader of Manchester city council, told The Guardian that the next of kin of the victims will receive £250,000 each.

She said they have already received the first £70,000 and should get the rest in the next few weeks."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/15/love-manchester-give-250000-family-attack-victims/

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 16 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful now, MPD will get really upset Razz Don't really understand it myself but whatever, if it helps families that have got into financial hardship following the attack.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-42540738

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:11 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rememberingmost service today, such touching, very interfaith.

"Faith leaders including [...] Imam Irfan Chisht"

Imam Irfan Chisht wrote:
The thorny one, which I don’t think that we have bottomed out as a Muslim community, would be the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and the blasphemy laws. I don’t know where Parliament stands.

We had recently a Muslim, well I say Muslim but he was Ahmadi so not Muslim in our view, he has every right to be Ahmadi but is not a Muslim in mainstream Islamic opinion.

He was killed because he apparently he was offensive towards the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), and the murderer was rightfully taken to trial and was convicted. The person who did the murder was doing it in his view from an Islamic perspective. This is why I was very firm about taking the law into your own hands, we don’t do that. But he in his own mind was doing something in honour of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), if we don’t resolve this issue around protection of the dignity of the Prophet’s then I am worried that things will escalate.

My view is that we need blasphemy laws which protect the dignity and honour of all religious leaders – a campaign for global civility. If we don’t get this special privilege then We are going to get cases of people saying that you are offending my dear, dear Prophet who is dearer to me than my own parents and children. So I can see how a young person, without the strong theological resilience could be effectively radicalised into causing harm and murder because someone has offended the Prophet Muhammad.

[Spicy sauce.]

And that's the chap who's been presented as part of the solution to religious intolerance. The best they could find.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18