Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Big bada boom in Manchester.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:22 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Don't be so Racist! Clearly a mere coincidence... Move along...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:27 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
Mark_F wrote:
I agree that moderate religions don't really exist (the teachings of most are barbaric in many cases)....

I missed the current news reports of Christians, Buddhists and Sikhs going around on mass killing sprees because God told them to, I must be watching all the wrong news. All the reports I see show only one religion with an overwhelming zero tolerance to the point of killing unbelievers, and that would be Islam

Firstly my comment on religions did say "most" (as in not all). Add to that you base whatever is happening in the world on what you see on the news, which is far from the whole story. We obviously hear more about what's happening close to home as it's more relevant here. Be aware though that we don't get absolutely every story of religious violence reported to us, but we do hear about apparent christian zealots forming death squads in Africa (as one example).

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:30 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

You get that the most recent snackbar was carried out by a "refugee", right?

Born in Manchester? With a brother born in London? That's a national, not a refugee (despite the status of his parents).

I'll add that many of your points seem reasonable, it's just that they wouldn't make any difference.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:00 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_F wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Born in Manchester? With a brother born in London? That's a national, not a refugee (despite the status of his parents).

Born here because we accepted refugees. The cause of him being in the country is the same. You could make the argument that his victims weren't killed by the explosion, they just got nuts and bolts embedded in them somehow.

Mark_F wrote:
I'll add that many of your points seem reasonable, it's just that they wouldn't make any difference.

Preventing the entry of and expelling potential snackbar wouldn't make a difference?

Why's that? If the answer is "because it would radicalise more moderates", then sure, in the same way that those people would be radicalised by any action that we take in the Allahhistan, or any action that we don't take.

Then we deport them too. Bribing nations to take them as necessary. £12 billion a year.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm missing something in this debate. Following the logics expressed variously in these threads, Muslims = Bad, White = Good, (to break it down into simplistic terms).
And yet, fifty years ago a cornerstone of the Anglo Saxon genus was busily murdering men, women and children on an industrial scale.
These were not unwashed, uneducated tribesmen, they were the flower of European 'civilisation'.
This was done with the, sometimes, tacit support of the general population. And this was no deep seated belief spanning centuries, it was formed, fostered and accepted within the space of ten years.
We it would seem, are just as capable of embracing genocidal views and pretty damn good at organising its outcome.
So, why are we not engaged in a sporadic, but lethal, confrontation with the children of Deutchland? Could it be that we stopped shooting them and accepted that friendship, assistance and support works better than vilification?
I accept that the natural reaction to mindless atrocity is to strike out and seek vengeance....... But..........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:10 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_F wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/mQDu9pM.png

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:12 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something in this debate. Following the logics expressed variously in these threads, Muslims = Bad, White = Good, (to break it down into simplistic terms).
And yet, fifty years ago a cornerstone of the Anglo Saxon genus was busily murdering men, women and children on an industrial scale.
These were not unwashed, uneducated tribesmen, they were the flower of European 'civilisation'.
This was done with the, sometimes, tacit support of the general population. And this was no deep seated belief spanning centuries, it was formed, fostered and accepted within the space of ten years.
We it would seem, are just as capable of embracing genocidal views and pretty damn good at organising its outcome.
So, why are we not engaged in a sporadic, but lethal, confrontation with the children of Deutchland? Could it be that we stopped shooting them and accepted that friendship, assistance and support works better than vilification?
I accept that the natural reaction to mindless atrocity is to strike out and seek vengeance....... But..........

I'm genuinely surprised that the above quote is what you've taken from this thread - I've missed the posts demanding vengeance and death.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:28 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Following the logics expressed variously in these threads, Muslims = Bad, White = Good, (to break it down into simplistic terms).

Sure, if you want to make it a brown vs white issue. islam isn't a race though. There are plenty of ginger zealots.

It's an ideology, like Naziism. Very like Naziism. It declares itself to be superior and perfect to all other ideologies, it demands expansion, it demands conquest, it demands the extermination of jews and gays, it believes that women are for breeding the next generation of soldiers, it inculcates from youth, and you don't get to leave it.

jjdugen wrote:

First we bombed them into starvation and abject submission.

Then we stopped shooting.

We won through terror, one might say.

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:28 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Mark_F wrote:

Born here because we accepted refugees. The cause of him being in the country is the same. You could make the argument that his victims weren't killed by the explosion, they just got nuts and bolts embedded in them somehow.

You forget the massive holes in people (literal).

So we stop absolutely everyone having any access onto this fair isle? How could that be done in practise? It's entirely unfeasable (even if you increase taxes by 1000% to pay for it). I know you've pointed out the apparent ease of Australias policies, however Australia is much more difficult to access by sea (having a distance greater than 20 miles from the nearest major landmass). Some of the determined who want to get here and do something will slip in regardless. Can't catch em all.

Rogerborg wrote:
Preventing the entry of and expelling potential snackbar wouldn't make a difference?

Why's that? If the answer is "because it would radicalise more moderates", then sure, in the same way that those people would be radicalised by any action that we take in the Allahhistan, or any action that we don't take.

Then we deport them too. Bribing nations to take them as necessary. £12 billion a year.

Some could be stopped from entering (as presumably some are stopped now), but stopping every single snackbar entering is impossible.

Radicalising more moderates just turns more people into mpd. People who talk, but would never have the balls to actually do (and on the occasion that one actually does something, they would probably add more to our problems than cause snackbar any inconvenience).

Regarding deporting them, I'm sure that does happen currently (along with restricting the access of those wannabe warriors who jumped into syria) and should continue, but some will still slip through the net (likely the same people who are slipping through the current nets).

I just don't see that much difference would be made.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:35 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_F wrote:
So we stop absolutely everyone having any access onto this fair isle?

We could let some strawmen in.

What part of "points based immigration" confused you?

Mark_F wrote:
Can't catch em all.

Only allah is perfect. We could catch most of them. We could keep most of them out.

Mark_F wrote:
stopping every single snackbar entering is impossible.

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Why even bother having police, courts and gaols? Some people will still commit crimes.

Mark_F wrote:
Regarding deporting them, I'm sure that does happen currently

Barely. Only 5% of those ordered for deportation are actually kicked out, according to a UK immigration judge who had to speak anonymously. Justice Bernard McCloskey just had a good rant about abuse of the system by taxpayer funded shysters though. And he's far from a send 'em back immigration judge.

Mark_F wrote:
I just don't see that much difference would be made.

That's because you've already surrendered in your head.

How much jizya are you prepared to pay in order to feel safe?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Mark_F wrote:
This "civil war" you postulated about in the other thread is unwinnable. By both sides. I'll add that there's nothing I've seen you suggest that would be anymore helpful than handing out baloons and asking nicely.

Rogerborg wrote:

Arrow Withdraw entirely from all military operations in all muslim countries. Wish the septics the very best of luck. Remove all possible excuses.
Arrow Revoke the 1972 ECA.
Arrow Withdrawn from the ECJ and ECHR.
Arrow Halt all Saudi funding of mosques.
Arrow Rename the Department for International Development as the Department for Internal Deradicalisation (they won't even have to change their mouse mats and mugs). Direct its £12 billion of funding at deporting snackbar preachers (we already know who they are), bribing dusty armpits whatever is necessary to take them
Arrow When that creates a new tranche of snackbar advocates, deport them too. Repeat as necessary. £12 billion, remember.
Arrow Revoke citizenship and shred passports on exit, both for ejected snackbars, and for those headed for a jihad holiday. Again, we already have a list. The problem is a reactive policy, an assumption of innocence, and letting the feckers back in again.
Arrow Secure our borders. Immigration only on a points system. Being muslim or from a muslim nation scores negative a trillion. No fugees. No "right to a family life" mass imports. Not our problem.
Arrow And most importantly, cut all welfare funding and access to all services including and especially legal aid for anyone with foreign or dual citizenship. The only funding should be for one way outgoing flights, and bribing despots to take their problems back.

Note the lack of cattle trucks, gas chambers or images of wailing families being thrown onto flights.

Which specific points do you have a problem with?

Why do you think handing out baloons (sic) would be as helpful as refusing entry to "refugees"?

I have an issue with the first point but the others are good. We don't want to be seen to surrender to terrorist demands by getting out of their countries while they continue to ruin ours.

mpd72 wrote:

Most of them tend to be first generation immigrants. We invite them in for safety and they breed jihadists to kill our children. Nice.

Markers for Islamic terrorists:
+ Muslim
+ Parents migrated to the UK, possibly as refugees (1st Gen migrant)
+ Strong feelings about Palestine/Israel
+ Involved in low level crime (e.g theft, assaults)
+ Middle Eastern, North African or Ginger
+ Attend extremist Mosque

Mark_F wrote:

So we stop absolutely everyone having any access onto this fair isle? How could that be done in practise? It's entirely unfeasable (even if you increase taxes by 1000% to pay for it). I know you've pointed out the apparent ease of Australias policies, however Australia is much more difficult to access by sea (having a distance greater than 20 miles from the nearest major landmass). Some of the determined who want to get here and do something will slip in regardless. Can't catch em all.

No, they would never ever get here. Very few migrants cross on small boats across the channel, they use ferry and airliner services. They come as refugees or overstay their student visa. As for boats these are trivially stopped using radar along with intercepts from boats and helicopters. The government can quite cheaply stick a chain of radars along the coast and on platforms at sea. The biggest cost would be delays at airport and ferry terminals. Again the government has already spent the money for staffing and equipment to carry out such a policy.

lihp
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Born here because we accepted refugees. The cause of him being in the country is the same.

Yet the refugee we accepted (parents), were not terrorists, and unless I am wrong had no serious issues with the law either.

So at some point the national ended up with an ideology that his refugee parents did not.

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:57 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

The fact that it wouldn't particularly do anything. This snackbars parents may well be model immigrants, but that points based system would say nothing about the future children of a well pointed applicant.

Rogerborg wrote:

Only allah is perfect. We could catch most of them. We could keep most of them out.

We (possibly) already do. I'm suggesting that extra measures aren't likely to make a great deal of difference.

Rogerborg wrote:
The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Why even bother having police, courts and gaols? Some people will still commit crimes.

You said it best yourself:
Rogerborg wrote:
We could let some strawmen in

Rogerborg wrote:

Barely. Only 5% of those ordered for deportation are actually kicked out, according to a UK immigration judge who had to speak anonymously. Justice Bernard McCloskey just had a good rant about abuse of the system by taxpayer funded shysters though. And he's far from a send 'em back immigration judge.

5% of all sorts of nationals kicked out for a wide variety of reasons. Fixing this doesn't really need extra measures, it needs more effective use of current measures (probably with increased funding to provide more manpower).

Rogerborg wrote:

Not at all. I accepted my death is inevitable long ago, and more recently determined that I'm not for letting snackbar turn me into a whining, cowering, idiot prior to my end.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_F wrote:

The fact that it wouldn't particularly do anything. This snackbars parents may well be model immigrants, but that points based system would say nothing about the future children of a well pointed applicant.

It would bring immigration down which can only be a good thing Wink

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:02 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Mark_F wrote:

No, they would never ever get here. Very few migrants cross on small boats across the channel, they use ferry and airliner services. They come as refugees or overstay their student visa. As for boats these are trivially stopped using radar along with intercepts from boats and helicopters. The government can quite cheaply stick a chain of radars along the coast and on platforms at sea. The biggest cost would be delays at airport and ferry terminals. Again the government has already spent the money for staffing and equipment to carry out such a policy.

As the path of least resistance changes, the path taken by those determined will also change. Radars may well be cheap, but the manpower to make effective use of them is not (and our border control is already woefully underfunded).

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
jjdugen wrote:
Following the logics expressed variously in these threads, Muslims = Bad, White = Good, (to break it down into simplistic terms).

Sure, if you want to make it a brown vs white issue. islam isn't a race though. There are plenty of ginger zealots.

It's an ideology, like Naziism. Very like Naziism. It declares itself to be superior and perfect to all other ideologies, it demands expansion, it demands conquest, it demands the extermination of jews and gays, it believes that women are for breeding the next generation of soldiers, it inculcates from youth, and you don't get to leave it.

Reads quite a lot like the 'in-group vs out-group' thing Itchy alluded to.

Try this:

Quote:
Sure, if you want to make it a brown vs white issue. the west isn't a race though. There are plenty of brown infidels.

It's an ideology, like Naziism. Very like Naziism. It declares itself to be superior and perfect to all other ideologies, it demands expansion, it demands conquest, it demands the extermination of Muslims, it believes that women are for tits and gary, it inculcates from youth, and you don't get to leave it.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:18 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Do you have any substantive refutation regarding the ideological similarities between islam and Naziism?

Mark_F wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

The fact that it wouldn't particularly do anything. This snackbars parents may well be model immigrants, but

What part of "minus a jillion points if you identify as a muslim or come from a majority muslim country" confused you?

No system is perfect. That's not a reason to just give up.

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:37 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
^^^
Mark_F wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

The fact that it wouldn't particularly do anything. This snackbars parents may well be model immigrants, but

What part of "minus a jillion points if you identify as a muslim or come from a majority muslim country" confused you?

No system is perfect. That's not a reason to just give up.

The fact that such paranoid bias has no place in a well formed points system.

I agree that no system is perfect. I have come to terms with the fact that no system could ever be perfect. You however obviously haven't come to terms with that yet and seem prepared to accept further intrusion on your life for the potential to stop one possible, but highly unlikely, event unfolding on yourself.

We do have systems in place already. Those systems are not being used to their potential due to funding issues (woe us for we must pay tax), so what could new measures do with noone to work upon them?

I liken the majority of proposed measures to the increase in fines for at-the-wheel mobile users. Great, higher fines for those caught, with absolutely noone around to catch anyone. Possibly great headlines that may reassure, but with no substantive effect on anything at all (whereby actually employing more police to patrol as they used to stands a higher chance of being effective even without the increased fine).

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_F wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Not at all. I accepted my death is inevitable long ago, and more recently determined that I'm not for letting snackbar turn me into a whining, cowering, idiot prior to my end.

It isn't a binary choice where 1=oblivious until death 0=whining and cowering.
From what you've written I can only see that you've decided that nothing can be done and you're unwilling to try anything. That does
seem like surrender.
I like to think that there are options, mainly because I don't want to eventually find myself either living in an Islamic country, or accepting the constant threat of a terror attack.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't recall many Muslamic attacks in Ireland, yet apparently there's loads there.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:57 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_F wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

The fact that such paranoid bias has no place in a well formed points system.

It's certainly got no part in an ineffectual, self deceptive one.

That's not inevitable though, with the right degree of honesty and resolution. Again: no constitution, and we can withdraw from the ECJ and ECHR.

You're awfully keen to find reasons why things won't work. Public sector, perchance?

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
Don't recall many Muslamic attacks in Ireland, yet apparently there's loads there.

They don't constantly play tag-along in Daddy Murca's crusade to slaughter just enough muslims to make themselves hated but not enough to cow them with fear. See my #1 suggestion.

We're not defeating snackbar in the Middle East and Asia, we're metastasising it.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there isn't

At the time of the 2016 Irish census the number of Muslims had increased from 49,000 to 63,000, an increase of 29%. In 1991, the number of Muslims was below 4,000 (3,873). Islam is a minority religion in Ireland, behind Roman Catholicism and members of the Church of Ireland

Even at 63000 it's a lot easier to keep tabs on any extreme behavior compared with the 3 million in UK.

63000, peanuts, Rolling Eyes More disillusioned people go and watch Manchester United on a Saturday.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

No there isn't

At the time of the 2016 Irish census the number of Muslims had increased from 49,000 to 63,000, an increase of 29%. In 1991, the number of Muslims was below 4,000 (3,873). Islam is a minority religion in Ireland, behind Roman Catholicism and members of the Church of Ireland

Even at 63000 it's a lot easier to keep tabs on any extreme behavior compared with the 3 million in UK.

63000, peanuts, Rolling Eyes More disillusioned people go and watch Manchester United on a Saturday.

Referring to bnp72's chart of attacks on the last page. So what you're saying is, bnp72's lying? Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

I like to think that there are options, mainly because I don't want to eventually find myself either living in an Islamic country, or accepting the constant threat of a terror attack.

My solution would be to scrap all visas from potential threat zones until people living here from those countries have integrated properly. Slow migration = good; fast migration = bad.

And yes I'd go with scrapping visas entirely. Plenty arrive on tourist visas then bin their documents and claim asylum (visa application manager at the British embassy in Beijing told me this - it's his job to deal with and investigate the suspicious cases). So it can be thanks to those people that their entire country is now banned from the UK.

Most annoying is that this sounds like a blunt tool, but it's fairly standard practice in other parts. Half of Arabia doesn't let in anyone with Israel connections, and when I was in China I wasn't allowed to step onto the bridge that connects the country with North Korea because the NK government said no westerners allowed. So the fact that what I've suggested sounds draconian just shows how much society has been watered down and and pacified by lovey-dovey social liberalism.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 337 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18