Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Is there ANY way to silence this clown?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:19 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Is there ANY way to silence this clown? Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-44008157/trump-knife-blood-on-uk-hospital-floors

From the guy who fears fake news.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:34 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we really need a new topic on Trump? Very Happy I think it was in reference to this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44007312 but I can remember other similar references on the local news, basically saying that A&E departments are now like field hospitals where they're daily stitching people back up. Obviously Trump has had a massive logic fail there.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:00 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Did we really need a new topic on Trump? Very Happy I think it was in reference to this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44007312 but I can remember other similar references on the local news, basically saying that A&E departments are now like field hospitals where they're daily stitching people back up. Obviously Trump has had a massive logic fail there.

While he is obviously pandering to the NRA I bet A&E in London are daily stitching people back up.

In London, the problem was even more pronounced than the rest of the country, with 12,980 knife crimes taking place in the capital

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:09 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The facts are knife attacks are practically out of control especially in parts of London.
Bringing the situation to international attention is no bad thing - even if his account is exaggeration.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:17 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
The facts are knife attacks are practically out of control especially in parts of London.
Bringing the situation to international attention is no bad thing - even if his account is exaggeration.

Its how the edjit rolls.

His whole psyche is based on grandiosity and exaggeration so he should not be in any position to be the reporter of any events.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, in context, is he saying we could counter knife crime by giving everyone guns? Genius. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:40 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Re: Is there ANY way to silence this clown? Reply with quote

Surgeon Martin Griffiths wrote:
A trauma surgeon has said he is regularly treating children in school uniforms for gun and knife wounds at a London hospital that has been compared to an 'Afghan war zone'.

About a quarter of what we see in our practice is knife and gun injury and now we are doing major life-saving cases on a daily basis.

Some of my military colleagues have described the practice here as similar to being at Bastion, which is a very worrying comment to hear.

https://i.imgur.com/5igWBdB.png

Go on, tell him that he's peddling fake news. He's on Twitter, you can set him right easily enough.

Will you?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Re: Is there ANY way to silence this clown? Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Go on, tell him that he's peddling fake news. He's on Twitter, you can set him right easily enough.

Will you?

Maybe a Medieval war zone? As I'm pretty sure people don't bring sharp pointy things to wars any more.

Though glass houses?

In Chicago somebody is shot every 3 hours and 15 minutes. 2018 is shaping up to be a much less violent year with only 400 shootings so far, 80 less than 2017!
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
If you tighten up access to one weapon, the same people just go out and find another weapon.

Sure when 50 Cent tells them to: https://youtu.be/lc0zKB88XPM?t=58s (refresh if you get an ad').

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:35 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Re: Is there ANY way to silence this clown? Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Maybe a Medieval war zone? As I'm pretty sure people don't bring sharp pointy things to wars any more.

What did he say when you corrected him via Twitter?

You have done that, right? Because it's not Trump making the comparison, and it's not me.

Can we see a record of the conversation?

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:53 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a knife problem, just like America doesn't have a gun problem.

We both have a Dindu Nuffin problem. (and the ocasional nutjob failiure of mental health services problem too, but Dindus a far more common cause)

I like the chap who phoned in to LBC earlier on this topic, his suggestion was we put undercover SAS on the streets and they shoot dead anyone with a knife.

'Borg was that you?
Razz

Im not sure what the solution is (though tbh summary execution on the spot would probably be better than a long weekend break in playstation jail that they get at the moment).

What happened to the "mandatory 5 years in jail for anyone caught with a knife" ?

I daresay with The Swarm (tm) bringing their Snackbar here too its only going to get more stabby.

God I cant wait to move out of London.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:36 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
God I cant wait to move out of London.

This.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Green, chief executive of The Ben Kinsella Trust, an organisation set up to tackle knife crime after schoolboy Ben Kinsella was murdered in 2008:
“The president in my opinion has missed the point in what we are trying to do in the UK. We need to tackle knife crime by stopping young people carrying knives in the first place."

If only there was a law against it.

Now, if non-criminals subjected to extensive background checks were granted permits to carry firearms and were able to shoot acid throwing scum right in the groin, how many acid throwing scum would there be this time next week?
Currently only the criminals are armed, and the police / courts are inneffectual. There is little to no consequence.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Now, if non-criminals subjected to extensive background checks were granted permits to carry firearms and were able to shoot acid throwing scum right in the groin, how many acid throwing scum would there be this time next week?
Currently only the criminals are armed, and the police / courts are inneffectual. There is little to no consequence.

Yes because the firearms will stay in their possession? Firearm holders are already targeted by criminals.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Firearm holders are already targeted by criminals.

I was genuinely not aware of this, and am intrigued. How is this targeting undertaken?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:08 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that remote farmhouse has got a cabinet with at least one shotgun in.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
I daresay with The Swarm (tm) bringing their Snackbar here too its only going to get more melty.

Already widely used to keep their women in check back home. Besides, a bottle of Harpic is cheaper than a knife and our
mosque lovin' pals do like to hang on to as much of our money as they can.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
M.C wrote:
Firearm holders are already targeted by criminals.

I was genuinely not aware of this, and am intrigued. How is this targeting undertaken?

I think Ste's right:
'opportunist criminals target lonely houses, farmhouses where they suspect there may well be firearms and look for them there'.

Also with acid/knives they get bought by gang members old enough etc. and passed down.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:42 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which part of what Trump said is fake news?

"Police recorded 39,598 offences involving a knife or sharp instrument in the year to December 2017, a 22% increase compared with the previous year (32,468), and the highest number registered since comparable records started in 2010.

Gun crime rose to 6,604 offences."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/26/surge-in-knife-offences-fuels-rise-in-violent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5692771/Police-reveal-horrifying-weapons-seized-streets-one-week.html

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:13 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
So, in context, is he saying we could counter knife crime by giving everyone guns? Genius. Neutral

Or maybe he's saying it's not the access to weapons which makes these crimes go up or down? If you tighten up access to one weapon, the same people just go out and find another weapon.

Quote:
Prof Karim Brohi, who heads the group overseeing the city's trauma treatment, said it was "ridiculous" to suggest guns could help combat knife violence.
He said the capital faced a "serious issue" but gunshot wounds were at least twice as lethal as knife injuries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44017054

mpd72 wrote:
Considering these wastes of oxygen are generally removing themselves from the gene pool, tooling them up might help reduce the problem in the long run. Thumbs Up

I do think knife crime in the UK (London?) is mostly gang-related.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Re: Is there ANY way to silence this clown? Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Surgeon Martin Griffiths wrote:
A trauma surgeon has said he is regularly treating children in school uniforms for gun and knife wounds at a London hospital that has been compared to an 'Afghan war zone'.

About a quarter of what we see in our practice is knife and gun injury and now we are doing major life-saving cases on a daily basis.

Some of my military colleagues have described the practice here as similar to being at Bastion, which is a very worrying comment to hear.

https://i.imgur.com/5igWBdB.png

Will you?

Who says he's peddling fake news, you are either misdirecting the topic or have missed the point.

To aid those looking for his Twitter account, would that be that the same Martin Griffiths who retweeted his boss's statement that guns are not the answer to knife crime?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:44 - 06 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He even upset the Frogs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44017172

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44017054

Fucking idiot requires to be lambasted at every operchancity.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:50 - 06 May 2018    Post subject: Re: Is there ANY way to silence this clown? Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Who says he's peddling fake news

OP did, using a well understood form of English-language rhetoric.

mentalboy wrote:
you are either misdirecting the topic or have missed the point.

It's possible: I don't think English is OP's first language.

mentalboy wrote:
To aid those looking for his Twitter account

You don't have to look, I linked directly to it.

How's the conversation with him going, where you set him straight?

You are doing that, yes?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 328 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7