Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Followed by thieving chavscum (Bromley / Orpington)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:04 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ste wrote:
If you got done for speeding away from bikelife then you could probably sell the story to tabloids. Razz

https://dailymailsadface.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook.com/angrypeopleinlocalnewspapers/

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

bigdom86 wrote:
this is why I carry a knife when I ride in my backpack. live in croydon, commute in central london

As other have said, this is no use at all.
It'd all be over before you could get the pack off your back, let alone search through to find it.
On top of this, a knife is an obvious problem for the police.
Better to carry something like a breaker bar/knuckle bar (I want to check the X-Bolt is still tight after my journey as I've had it off recently Officer) and find a way of fitting it into your jacket or similar.
But even then you have the problem of getting your jacket open and pulling out the bar quickly with your gloves still on...

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:33 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is why I ride with a gun under my jacket... (No I dont really have a gun)

So when these scum look at me funny I can shoot them in there balaclava covered face and laugh at there dying twitching corpses... (no I dont really... But on rare occasions I like to think I do!

Honestly though. You would think the police would actually start to do something about this now? Its getting really really bad out there.

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:43 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

bigdom86 wrote:
not sure if should post this publically, but this is why I carry a knife when I ride in my backpack. live in croydon, commute in central london

Just down the road from me in Norbury...
When the wife and i do the regular walk from Norbury to Croydon down the A23, I often play the "plate or no plate" game purely upon the oncoming sound of a bike.

2 or 3 weeks back the youths must have done over a local riding school as there were 5 or 6 of them all on identical bikes and not a plate among them.

people do not give them a second look around our way.

what i did find interesting was the youth at the front slowed down and indicated to pull into the large Esso near Lidils but one of the other blokes went passed and gestured to carry on.
so i was thinking what do they do for fuel ?

do they just rush a petrol station ?

or do they have some sort of inside man who lets them fuel up their stolen bikes ?

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:03 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: re Reply with quote

well lived in thornton heath my whole life and certainly worked for me when have been "approached" in the car before. also the location it is strapped to i can easily get it out within 5seconds. maybe we should all go sons of anarchy and have one strapped onto our belts Laughing looks like it is going that way in big cities

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:10 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't picture a situation where you'd have the time to realise that you're being jacked, switch your head from tedious commuter into "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" mode, access, and use a weapon.

It seems more likely that you'd go from suspicion, to disbelief, to paralysis, to lying on the ground watching your bike being ridden away.

Going for your gat gives up control of the bike, and riding away is your primary defence. I'd encourage you to do it without hesitation.

ThatNoob
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:27 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in a NHS trust and we've had notices about the increased bike thefts.

1 guy delivering urgent blood had his helmet nicked at PRUH.

Groups of scum on mopeds using angle grinders have taken a few bikes at PRUH and KCH as well, threatening any have-a-go heroes with a hammer.

Seriously P-ing me off that decent honest people have to live with this nonsense and the police are doing F all about it.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:57 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this keeps up you'll all have to start riding scooters instead so you can make use of the front luggage to stash guns swords tools and newspapers.

NutsyUk wrote:

Honestly though. You would think the police would actually start to do something about this now? Its getting really really bad out there.

Maybe they find the increasing paranoia funny.

ColinK98 wrote:

do they just rush a petrol station ?

or do they have some sort of inside man who lets them fuel up their stolen bikes ?

Buy petrol the normal way unless said station has an arrangement with the fuzz.

ThatNoob wrote:

1 guy delivering urgent blood had his helmet nicked at PRUH.

Another good reason to keep your helmets on as much as possible unless they nicked his head as well.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Honestly though. You would think the police would actually start to do something about this now?

They are.
They've set up 'Operation Venice' and they'll get very little success so they'll start hassling any bike rider and treating them as potential motorcycle muggers whilst ignoring the motorcycle thieves...
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2017/may/metropolitan-police-motorcycle-theft/
Confused

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

bigdom86 wrote:
not sure if should post this publically, but this is why I carry a knife when I ride in my backpack.

Just how big _is_ your backpack?!

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
NutsyUk wrote:
Honestly though. You would think the police would actually start to do something about this now?

They are.
They've set up 'Operation Venice' and they'll get very little success so they'll start hassling any bike rider and treating them as potential motorcycle muggers whilst ignoring the motorcycle thieves...
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2017/may/metropolitan-police-motorcycle-theft/
Confused

To demonstrate how effective 'Operation Venice' has been, I'll point out that it was set up in 2014. Things are getting worse, not better.

LongJohn22
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:15 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt a small can of chain spray ( or similar ),could be regarded as an offensive weapon, but it would certainly bugger up the vision of anyone wearing a visor, and if they then opened said visor.....well.
Just thinking, like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a think about it and then realise how pointless your suggestion is!

If the chav bike jacket thieving scum are carrying knives, hammers, fire extinguishers and scaffolding bars, then you need an equal or preferably bigger weapon than theirs.

In fact if you get bike jacked and injured from it heaven forbid, when you get another bike and get over the shock, you need a fucking big gun!

You'd have to be the biggest twat in the world to make yourself a victim twice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:16 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

LongJohn22 wrote:
I doubt a small can of chain spray ( or similar ),could be regarded as an offensive weapon

"any article made or adapted for use to causing injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use".

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
LongJohn22 wrote:
I doubt a small can of chain spray ( or similar ),could be regarded as an offensive weapon

"any article made or adapted for use to causing injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use".

So I can't beat them with my cock?
Mad

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
So I can't beat them with my cock?
Mad

Nope. Cockfighting has been illegal in England and Wales since 1835, and Scotland since 1895.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly 700cc wannabee a scooterist auto Honda riders have a cock??

I don't believe it's possible!
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:06 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Silly 700cc wannabee a scooterist auto Honda riders have a cock??

I'm guessing directed at me, so I'll bite.

My NC isn't DCT, and so what if it were. Far too many people jizz themselves over quickshifters which achieve a similar result, although you might have to randomly waggle your foot for the bike to do the work for you.

I'm secure enough in my masculinity to not have to have my bike define it for me, presumably you've just purchased an Ninja H2.

V2
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:28 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I should post this publically but this is why I always carry a couple of these when commuting....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a5/8e/25/a58e25955f9ceba30b1e82333abfca04.jpg

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, whaddya know. An update.

Police Police Police Police

So leaving Croydon today there's a police checkpoint up ahead, not terribly hidden mind you. I roll up and sure enough they pull me in. Random legality check (they're pulling all the bikes) due to all the scooter-scum troubles. I ask if they have police bikes hidden nearby, but no - just a traffic car, hiding round the corner. I ask if they can chase them but was told it's hard to find police trained to chase bikes, and anyway they just remove their helmets which means they have to abandon the chase anyway. There was about 4 officers standing at the checkpoint and I think their plan was to surround the 'yoots' and grab them if they tried to run..

I ask about my situation (first post) and was advised to challenge any driving charges if I was getting away from would-be bike-jackers and subsequently caught by plod. No answer other than a shrug when I asked how I'd prove this...

Laughing

Anyway, they're doing something. Even if it appears futile.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've had these checkpoints for years, when they spring up everyone in baklaf circles messages each other and they avoid them. Complete waste of time IMO; a token gesture not dealing with the issue.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Well, whaddya know. An update.

Police Police Police Police

So leaving Croydon today there's a police checkpoint up ahead, not terribly hidden mind you. I roll up and sure enough they pull me in. Random legality check (they're pulling all the bikes) due to all the scooter-scum troubles. I ask if they have police bikes hidden nearby, but no - just a traffic car, hiding round the corner. I ask if they can chase them but was told it's hard to find police trained to chase bikes, and anyway they just remove their helmets which means they have to abandon the chase anyway. There was about 4 officers standing at the checkpoint and I think their plan was to surround the 'yoots' and grab them if they tried to run..

I ask about my situation (first post) and was advised to challenge any driving charges if I was getting away from would-be bike-jackers and subsequently caught by plod. No answer other than a shrug when I asked how I'd prove this...

Laughing

Anyway, they're doing something. Even if it appears futile.

Futile indeed.

Seeing as they are unable to chase anyone on a bike, the only folk who are going to pull over are ones who are legit. Kind of defeats the purpose and only inconveniences bikers who genuinely dindonuffin.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:00 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Random legality check

Did they inspect your bike?

Next time feel free to tell them to do one, especially if you're all legit. They're neither your chums nor your master.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/67 see (6)

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/schedule/2

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always good to know what the actual rules are.

Rogerborg wrote:

I would ask what that has to do with the price of fish, but

Quote:
(3B) This subsection applies to motor vehicles and trailers defined in categories 1, 2 and 3 of Annex I to Directive 2009/40/ EC .

Following the link to the EU directive to see if their definition of motor vehicles excluded bikes, it takes you to "Commission Regulation (EC) No 40/2009 of 20 January 2009 establishing the standard import values for determining the entry price of certain fruit and vegetables". So it actually relates to the price of veg.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3