Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BT Cloud Phone Service.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

toby1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:05 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: BT Cloud Phone Service. Reply with quote

I have two phone landlines that attract normal call charges but extortionate line rental charges etc. Being a couple of years out of contract I contacted BT and enquired how I can get costs down.

They put me through to sales who offered me a cloud based service at a much reduced cost, many extra services etc. Does anyone have any experience of this service?

The landlines are business lines I have had many years. BT will transfer the numbers to the new service, but everything will be VOIP based needing new handsets (5) and a 18 Month contract.

Am I being old fashioned and this is the future, facebook integration etc, or Emperors new clothes? will I loose my landline numbers forever if I change my mind? they are some 20 years in use. The cost savings are attractive to make the change, but have no experience of the reliability or effectiveness of this system.

Would be grateful if anyone who has this as a business system could comment.

Cheers

Toby1

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:41 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at other hosted VoIP providers you will be able to save even more on line rental and call charges. Some are as low as £10 per month per handset with all UK national and Mobile calls included.

There are lots and lots of them out there. I work in VoIP for one of the bigger providers but we do not sell direct to end users as we are wholesale only.

Reliability wise, how is your internet connection? If you internet often falls over so will your phones. If its fine and reliable you should be good to go.

Numbers can be ported in or out of VoIP so you will be able to get them ported back if you dont like the service but it will take about 10-30 days to do that.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.sipgate.co.uk

I have cable internet at home and now I pay no line rental for a phone.

I've kept my analogue phone and purchasd a Cisco spa 112. FYI this has 2 analogue ports.

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok to put it basic, nowadays you arnt stuck with just using BT for your phonelines (& numbers)

gone are the days where you need a physical line wih associated line rentals etc.

to use a voip system, your numbers will need to be ported (who ever you sing up with will able to do this) you will then need how ever many of handsets you require, a provider and internet connection

you basically use someone elses phone system to route calls to your premises via the internet

if you need any more info give me a shout
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1