Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha jog rr issues

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ducat2013
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:11 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Yamaha jog rr issues Reply with quote

Hi guys,

My friend has asked me to look at her sons bike as it has been playing up, keeps on cutting out or he has to keep the revs up?

So I took the carb of and cleaned it all out cleaned the air filter and put it all back on, took it up the road then it cut out and would not restart?

So adjuste the ideal and throttle cable and can get it started but only for a few secs it pretty much only starts with full throttle as soon and you let the throttle go it dies?

Any ideas guys as I'm all out and keep scratching my head on this one.

Much appreciated:)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel stavation springs to mind, is the vacuum hose blocked or leaking, from what you say. Try sucking on the vacuum pipe and seeing if fuel comes out the fuel line. Other than that could be a failed diaphragm in fuel tap. If you suck and no fuel comes out suggests one or the other. Good luck.
Past bikes simsom mofa 1s, suzuki hustler 250 (£35 in 1973), suzuki ts125k, mz150, yamaha yb 100, honda pc50, honda vision 50, all 2 stroke - then cars - honda pcx 125 (sold) own honda fes 125 and Mrs 125 spares or repairs. Started 1972 all accidents walked away no insurAnce claims
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ducat2013
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:33 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul thx for the reply.

I took of the tap all seemed to work ok, but got another one anyway and still same issue I can manage to start it for a few sec as soon as I let throttle go or tilt it on the stand it just dies.

I'm all out of ideas now.

Paulf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not the best carb person on here could it be a float issue I.e. not letting fuel in like toilet cistern.
Past bikes simsom mofa 1s, suzuki hustler 250 (£35 in 1973), suzuki ts125k, mz150, yamaha yb 100, honda pc50, honda vision 50, all 2 stroke - then cars - honda pcx 125 (sold) own honda fes 125 and Mrs 125 spares or repairs. Started 1972 all accidents walked away no insurAnce claims

Ducat2013
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:49 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a look at the reeds which are all good.

So decided to check carb float and the needle that hangs of the float was not hanging of as kept falling off the float, but managed to put float in with the needle attached and it started right up throttle was good, so went to take it or and nothing so guessing when I moved bike the needle has come in attached from float? Would this be the cause? Just does not seem to stay in the slot in the float well?

Paulf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 31 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would not think moving the bike would dislodge the needle so something may have broken in the past or likely played with by previous owner or poor service mechanic. Perhaps you could get a spare carb of ebay or try and source a float with needle.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 330 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1