Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New bigger bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Valerian95 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:47 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the current ride?

In reality it's unlikely 68bhp will feel significantly different to 78bhp unless you're bloody good at using it. Power is also only one factor of the package. I've got 7bhp less these days but with better brakes and suspension and I can tell you which one is faster without a stopwatch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Valerian95 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you have a licence right?

Your budget doesn't seem far reaching so buy the best condition bike you can find within your budget. In reality if you're A2 restricted there's not loads of sexy material out there and with no experience of big bikes, you're unlucky to extract maximum performance anyway except maybe in a boring straight line. Further, a well maintained lesser powered bike will still whip a poorly maintained more powerful machine. Even if you're not that bothered on speed it'll be a nicer ride.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane. 5 ponds.

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:05 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Arcane. 5 ponds.

Haha!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:41 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Re: New bigger bike Reply with quote

Valerian95 wrote:
94bhp the very limit of what I can get

So don't look at FZ6 Fazers, they're over 70kW.

You need the previous model pre-2004 FZS600.

InB4 "but, but", if you're going to go over 70kW, and especially if you're going to ride it at full power on A2, then you might as well Fireblade.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Re: New bigger bike Reply with quote

Valerian95 wrote:
94bhp the very limit of what I can get is quite irresistible

So what licence do you actually have?

Valerian95 wrote:
Also the fact 13+ years is just too old. At least that's all my friends reactions- i know something like that is defo too old for a car but for bikes I thought it wasn't a huge deal as long as good care by previous owner and low mileage-

13 year isn't too old for a car or a bike.
If you have to deal with a big city centre which has some 'toll area /emission zone' then the age may be relevant, beyond that buy on condition and history.
Only when you've two bikes/cars similar on those 2 points should you then consider mileage and age.
Anyone that tells you different isn't worth listening to.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:58 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Re: New bigger bike Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
So what licence do you actually have?

I doubt that he's even got a fishing licence.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:37 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane, die plz.

Pics of bike, numberplate and V5 or fuck off Laughing

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerian95 wrote:
No.

Because policeman stops me on fireblade. "Can I see your licence please sir? Ah A2 only eh - goodbye license sir

Policeman stops me on fzs600. Can I see your licence please sir?
Sure thing. Ah A2 I see- is it restricted? Uh huh yes officer Smile of course! (nod nod nod). Bla bla bla... Enjoy the rest of your day sir.

So does that mean you do or you don't have any licence?
Confused

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:46 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a CBT, barely.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:02 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
They have a CBT, barely.

I wouldn't even bet tree-fiddy on that.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:34 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerian95 wrote:

Paddy why would I post my reg like some mong? Stop accusing me of being this guy? if you want a pic of the bike I'll post it when I get home but what would it prove? A random Cbr pic
Rolling Eyes

show the reg with the top line covered by todays newspaper, we saw arcanes in his council thread.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerian95 wrote:
man I have an A2... How is that not crystal clear from the policeman scenario?

So what makes you think a 'Scenario' is clearer than a simple 'I have an A2', bearing in mind you'd already evaded answering the question a couple of times, and there are plenty of threads on here where people ask similar questions without having done their CBT and evade answering that question... Rolling Eyes

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 16:11 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plod's knowledge of the law they should enforce, is often patchy at best. Eg: C&U regs call a car Tyre to have 1.6mm of tread depth; a motorcycle needs only 1mm, and a moped merely 'visible' tread. Yet plenty of plod, appear to errantly believe the 1.6mm min tread depth applies to all vehicles, and have issued tickets to bikes and mopeds for actually legal tyre 'defects'... actual traffic officers should be a little better clued up, and often are... for cars... after all less than 1% of road traffic is motorcycles..... but....

You get stopped on a big-bike; odds is they wont be stopping you 'just' to check you have a licence.... they will stop you because you are going a bit quick, riding like a dick or otherwise making yourself a pretty obvious miscreant. Only when they have had words about THAT, might they get to the matter of your licence validity....

A2 allows you to ride a bike UP TO 35Kw, aprox 45bhp.

And that is manufacturer's declared, 35Kw at the crank, when new.. if manufacturers brochure specs say it's deigned to make more than 45bhp, then YOU ride it at risk..... and are pretty much guilty 'till you prove yourself innocent.... regs merely allow you to restrict a bike that may be designed to make 70Kw/95bhp down to 35Kw (subject to other regs vs power to weight ratio) So, even if you have a bike that falls into the restrict able criteria, and is over 175Kg, that would allow you to restrict to max permissible 35Kw without having to under-restrict to meet the 0.2Kw/Kg power to weight, or breach the 50% of original power respectable limit.. up to YOU to offer evidence that what you are riding IS restricted....

This is, of course not a mandatory legal requirement, and it IS still up to plod to 'prove' the crime, if you cant provide convincing road-side argument, or show them suitable 'evidence'... B-U-T... they are not going to pull you, just to check your licence; check Bike-Specs on their smart phone, see that manufacturers declared power for the first Fazer in the list is under 95bhp, and say "Have a nice day sonny" and let you on your way!

They are going to crawl all over that bike and start checking tyre tread depth; measuring number-plate letter sizes and spacing, moaning about how loud the exhaust is, grumbling about small indicators or missing bar ends, and anything else that doesn't look like the brochure pictures..... As well as the dickish behavior that put you in their trigger sights to start with.....

When they get to the matter of your licence entitlement.... "Oh! Your on an A2, so this thing must be restricted then... how you do that then? Got a certificate?"

There is actually no legally recognized such thing, as a certificate of restriction; but we'll skip over that... if you have what they expect by way of an FI international restrictor cert.. they 'MAY' be satisfied, and let you go on your way.... with defect notice, asbo, anything else they ca lam you with for what they found, and what errant behaviour cased them to stop you at the start....

If you cant show them a cert? Well, they are likely to start asking more awkward questions, to see how deep you are prepared to dig yourself.

"I left my paddy-cert at home officer, I'll bring it in tomorrow miss".. what do you think the chap is, your school teacher? NOT going to wash!
"Well, its an old bike... I'm sure its lost half ts original power since t left the factory"... nope.. not likely to wash.
"It has a throttle stop restriction, officer"..... may get their face to light up... "OK, show me how that works then".. thre had better be something physical you can show them, or no, not gong to wash, is it? A-N-D, likely only to lead eventually to; "So how can you be sure it's restrictig the engine enough then? Have you got a dyno print out of it?" And you are back, to having to have some bit of paper, that 'proves' your innocence...

If not; they are entirely at liberty to sieze the bike, ad leave you at the side of the road, to walk home, whilst they have it dyno'd to prove you guilty....

Moral of the story.... if you want to ride a bike outside licence regulations as sold by brochure specs, YOU better make sure you have the bits of paper, and/or bits of metal or plastic to show coppa at the road-side, AND pass the attitude test, to convince them its not worth their time pursuing you for it.... A-N-D that they don't have a clear cut case of speeding; dangerous driving; or other defect like small-plates and loud pipes, to ticket you up with anyway....

Whether you think you can blag an unrestricted bike, through muster as restricted or not!

Personally, I would be steering clear of the contention, and looking at commuter twins; that are cheaper to buy, run and usually maintain to a decent standard that lets you actually get at the performance they offer, more often, and are far less emasculated if restricted.

But, its your money your ass and your licence you are gambling with... so why ask us, what we think you might get away with?

Just out of interest, how much did you spend to get your A2 licence? And is it your first full licence? How long do you have left on New-Driver-Act 2-year probation? Be a bit of a bitch to be sent back to start do not pass go, do not collect £200 to start all over from scratch, after mandatory period of disqual, wouldn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:20 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerian95 wrote:
There'll be no response to further accusations after the pic.

How very arcane of you.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So isn't Valerian a herbal sedative given to people with 'behavioural problems™' or as I suspect in this case, autism?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:19 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How surprising. Like untitled1995 and arcane bellcheese5000.

Mmmm dat trolly troll.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 325 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1