Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Corbs Vs May

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:06 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
This amount. Please write it down as you seem to have trouble remembering.

So what is it? 14.80? 95.45? somewhere in between?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:10 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
M.C wrote:

So what is it? 14.80? 95.45? somewhere in between?

Read the topic if you're that interested... wait weren't you involved Thinking

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:15 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

M.C wrote:
Last post on this subject because this is ridiculous. I said several pages ago what I paid, and listed a load of councils that stated this was set by government. To show the spread:

Manchester charges 14.80-95.45

In Cornwall £14.80-95.45

In Kent £14.80-95.45

For the last time it's not set locally. It would probably be fairer if it was but whatever, people want to vilify a system they don't even understand. Vote for May in the upcoming elections, then when you get f**ked over I can have a good laugh Thumbs Up

So how much do you pay?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said read the topic, I'm not getting into this retarded argument again.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:17 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Yes, I made comment on this way back when we thought you were talking about actual rent and not just making up the tiny reduction in your Mums housing benefits.

It remains that your being Proxy funded by the State, Even the £95 a week would be cheap rent.

M.C wrote:
As I said read the topic, I'm not getting into this retarded argument again.

The actual figure is never stated in the topic.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
M.C wrote:

Yes, I made comment on this way back when we thought you were talking about actual rent and not just making up the tiny reduction in your Mums housing benefits.

It remains that your being Proxy funded by the State, Even the £95 a week would be cheap rent.

79% is tiny? IIRC you made comment then realised it was a bit retarded as you lived in a housing association place (assuming I'm thinking of the right person).

Monkeywrencher wrote:
The actual figure is never stated in the topic.

Just linked to repeatedly, and mentioned numerous times that I pay the top rate Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:21 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I pay 79% of the total rent

What's that in pounds sterling?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
M.C wrote:
I pay 79% of the total rent

Look very closely at this page and you'll see it... maybe 5 or 6 times.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:28 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
IIRC you made comment then realised it was a bit retarded as you lived in a housing association place (assuming I'm thinking of the right person).

I never thought anything was retarded, I Do live In a Housing association owned property, But as Our combined earnings are an order of magnitude above any benefit threshhold We pay the maximum rent applicable.

The difference and the reason I mentioned the fact, is that I'm grateful and realise I'm on a good screw to live where I do for affordable rent and I'm not whining how hard done by I am to not be paying Private market Rates (though in my case it's not far off)
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:35 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Ste wrote:

Look very closely at this page and you'll see it... maybe 5 or 6 times.

No, there's details of how much various councils will pay towards rent and quotes of you saying you pay 79% but no where in this thread do you say how much rent you pay.

Why don't you want to say how much rent you pay?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you care?

This is the most interest you've ever paid in anyone not Muslamic.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
The difference and the reason I mentioned the fact, is that I'm grateful and realise I'm on a good screw to live where I do for affordable rent and I'm not whining how hard done by I am to not be paying Private market Rates (though in my case it's not far off)

It originally came up as an example of Tory vs Labour policy. I pointed out how the rate was frozen for 9 years under labour, then the Tories came in and massively increased it. I also pointed out it's a national rate, so whilst it may make sense for London, it won't in say Liverpool.

Obviously you can't make a general point on this forum without everyone trying to personalise it. It's another short-sighted Tory policy, which IMO does more harm than good.

Ste wrote:
No, there's details of how much various councils will pay towards rent and quotes of you saying you pay 79% but no where in this thread do you say how much rent you pay.

Why don't you want to say how much rent you pay?

It's the same rate for every council. £95 is 79% of the total rent, I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

I left this argument (in the other election topic) for good reason, as it's barely on topic and not very interesting, but you lot seem to be really invested for some reason Confused

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:57 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

It originally came up as an example of Tory vs Labour policy. I pointed out how the rate was frozen for 9 years under labour, then the Tories came in and massively increased it. I also pointed out it's a national rate, so whilst it may make sense for London, it won't in say Liverpool.

But it's not a national rent level Is it? it's a policy for the reduction of benefits for those whose circumstances dictate they shouldn't get 100% of their rent (whatever that is) paid. Your "rent" is cheaper than most in London.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
M.C wrote:

But it's not a national rent level Is it? it's a policy for the reduction of benefits for those whose circumstances dictate they shouldn't get 100% of their rent (whatever that is) paid. Your "rent" is cheaper than most in London.

How so? The rent going up doesn't reduce the benefits of folk who don't claim them, do they?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:07 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
£95 is 79% of the total rent

Thank you, you could just have said £120.25 and that would have been the end of it. Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:07 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
M.C wrote:

It originally came up as an example of Tory vs Labour policy. I pointed out how the rate was frozen for 9 years under labour, then the Tories came in and massively increased it.

To £95?! Laughing

You should try the real world at some stage.

No one I know who lives at home gives their parents £95 p/w, and that's on top of council tax/bills etc. (which you don't get with an HMO).

Monkeywrencher wrote:
M.C wrote:

Set at a national rate, as I said before it would fairer if it were set at a local level. Some lad in Newcastle's probably looking at this and wondering why bother.

TBH I'm wondering why bother, I thought the problem was people sitting on their arse not working, but now it seems you're scum if you live in a council property full stop.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:16 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Thank you, you could just have said £120.25 and that would have been the end of it. Rolling Eyes

He still hasn't said it.

How much?

If he's really complaining about paying £95 a week for a room inside the M25, as a working adult, there are no words. Just none.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
You can hardly blame the government for expecting you to contribute way under market value to pay towards their state sponsored house

What's market value got to do with a council house?

Rent payments should naturally be lower because there isn't a landlord to skim profits off the top.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
No one I know who lives at home gives their parents £95 p/w, and that's on top of council tax/bills etc. (which you don't get with an HMO).

I'm gonna chime in. You know this, "lives with their parents" and paying parents rent. I would only really consider you living with parents how you do, if your parents owned the house. If a parent owned the house and choses not to charge rent of their children, that is their choice.

Currently your parents, seemingly, don't work and are in receipt of benefits (pension?) and are having accommodation paid for by the tax payer. Now when you became eligible for it, the council says, well you are now earning and must pay a percentage of this nationally set rent rate, or however it's described.

In effect you are co-habiting with your parents. You aren't living under their roof. You're living in council stock with your parents who have their rent contributions covered.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10