Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Corbs Vs May

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:20 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
In effect you are co-habiting with your parents. You aren't living under their roof.

We've explained this... maybe 5 or 6 times Whistle ... but that sense of entitlement is dug in like an Alabama tick.

When they brought in the Bedroom Tax, I saw a splendid interview with a wee Scotch wifey who wiz threatening tae switch off the electric and use candles and then her hoose would burn doon and They'd be sorry.

All I could think was "Your hoose?" Eh?

Bit of a sweeping generalisation, but if you provide you'll probably vote Tory (UKIP), and if you expect and demand to receive, you'll vote Labour (LibDem / SNP / Plaid Cymru / Green).

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:35 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
In effect you are co-habiting with your parents. You aren't living under their roof. You're living in council stock with your parents who have their rent contributions covered.

Soooo.. could he get his own council place and still pay 95/week?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
DrSnoosnoo wrote:
In effect you are co-habiting with your parents. You aren't living under their roof. You're living in council stock with your parents who have their rent contributions covered.

No, because, Muslims.[/bnp72]

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:09 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Sure, as soon as someone else decides to give up their subsided lifestyle. Selfish bastards. Mad

Sorry to veer back on topic, but latest opinion polls are indicating a slightly increased number of seats for Sharia. So, that'll be worth it.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly The Times said...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfiw6qbf910zkas/times.jpg?raw=1

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:56 - 08 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Paragraph 1: Yup.

Paragraph 2: Hard as in real? There are only two options here. Brexit or not Brexit. Why do the Times assume Sharia is going for the former? Didn't they publish a story about her Disaster Dinner with Junkers where she tried to laugh off the very idea of a real Brexit? Perhaps they didn't read what they wrote.

Paragraph 3: Never give up on Project Fear and those horrified, knowledgeable - but unnamed - insiders. Ever.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:35 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

I dunno, could he? Does your reply mean you disagree with me, and you feel he is living under his parents rather than with them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:

I dunno, could he? Does your reply mean you disagree with me, and you feel he is living under his parents rather than with them?

I'm just asking the question "If he's entitled to somewhere at those rates, is he entitled to some place of his own for the same money?".

I've no idea how they gauge if people qualify for a council place or not.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
I'm just asking the question "If he's entitled to somewhere at those rates, is he entitled to some place of his own for the same money?".

I've no idea how they gauge if people qualify for a council place or not.

I don't think it's quite right to say he's entitled to those rates, it's the fact he's living with someone who was deemed entitled for the council housing. I might be wrong. But the council has effectively said, these national rates say you pay up to 79% ... I'm assuming he's paying the top rate because he's not entitled to it, just lucky that his parents allow him to live with them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny argument in a way.

One hand: "Housing crisis! Not enough homes! People forced to live in shared accommodation!"

Other hand: "If you live with your parents you're scum! Be independent, pay your own way, find your own home!"

Saw a comment somewhere yesterday where an ex-pat said the biggest thing he notices about the UK, now that he observes from afar, is the culture of misery people seem to actively encourage and wish to see inflicted on each other.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Funny argument in a way.

One hand: "Housing crisis! Not enough homes! People forced to live in shared accommodation!"

Other hand: "If you live with your parents you're scum! Be independent, pay your own way, find your own home!"

Saw a comment somewhere yesterday where an ex-pat said the biggest thing he notices about the UK, now that he observes from afar, is the culture of misery people seem to actively encourage and wish to see inflicted on each other.

I'm in no way suggesting this, perhaps you weren't referring to me. I'm of the opinion that this fella has quite a good deal. If he could get a better deal elsewhere, he would have taken it.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:32 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Who said that then?

IAWDrSS: what I find mirthsome is a working adult bawwing about it being so unfair that he's expected to pay for housing.

And specifically about housing that's built, owned and subsidised by the taxpayer.

This "living at home" that he keeps trotting out is simply baffling. Our brains aren't wired the same way.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

Who said that then?

IAWDrSS: what I find mirthsome is a working adult bawwing about it being so unfair that he's expected to pay for housing.

And specifically about housing that's built, owned and subsidised by the taxpayer.

This "living at home" that he keeps trotting out is simply baffling. Our brains aren't wired the same way.

Bnp72 insinuates it.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:
Funny argument in a way.

Real student thinking there. I saw it more, that people were telling him he was on to a winner and should stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.

He was whining that he was being made to pay £95 a week to live in a multi bedroomed state owned London property.

Maybe it's your adept way of coming across as a Grade A* cunt that gives this impression?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I meant it more in the general case, not aimed at anyone in particular.

It's overall not cool to live with parents - I did it for the year, I hated it, felt like a loser and hope to not do it again, even though it was a massive financial win for me - people generally have the piss taken for it more than they're praised for it. Then in the same breath there are complaints of housing problems, shortages, too costly, tales of woe etc. So the two sides of complaint that we generally see in this country seem to be conflicting.

B5234FT
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:57 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opened this to read election news, found pages of dross about someone complaining about an almost free house. BCF does it in style!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:29 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

B5234FT wrote:
Opened this to read election news, found pages of dross about someone complaining about an almost free house. BCF does it in style!

https://lindanee.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/black-kettle.jpg

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I never got the result I was after but have at least retained my Conservative MP.
It's no surprise the entitled mob fell for the free stuff line, they truly believe the world owes them a living. I half
wish Corbyn had got in so he could spectacularly fail to deliver. The wife was ready to reduce her hours so she only does a 3
day week just to keep her salary under Corbyns 80k threshold. I doubt she'd be the only one who wuld go to such lengths.
At least she won't have to do that, I'm not sure I could cope if we could only eat out twice a week.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 15:22 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
At least she won't have to do that, I'm not sure I could cope if we could only eat out twice a week.
TBH, if having to actually cook meals more than five times a week is the worst you'd have suffered under a Labour government, I really don't know what you were so worried about Laughing

That said, I'm not overmuch liking the look of a DUP-populated coalition. Does also rather put the "Ehrmagehrd, he likes the terrorists, we can't have that!" camp into a questionable light, too.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:41 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, the DUP just support the right of colonialists to peacefully defend with lethal intensity the land that they rightfully stole. It's not at all the same thing.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 08:47 - 10 Jun 2017; edited 1 time in total

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:29 - 09 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
That said, I'm not overmuch liking the look of a DUP-populated coalition. Does also rather put the "Ehrmagehrd, he likes the terrorists, we can't have that!" camp into a questionable light, too.

Especially as the money comes from the Saudis.

Also....

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2134162-five-things-you-need-to-know-about-dup-politicians-and-science/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10