BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mod 2 at Enfield

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Major Doss
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:46 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't busy on Friday, if you want a look around the area, watch you ride and whatnot? Did my test there, but it was thirty odd years ago, so maybe not relevant. Good luck, anyhow! Thumbs Up

Major Doss
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:00 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW accelerate hard when you get to a 40/50/60 whatevs, IF safe to do so, he'll want to see confidence. Just don't go over. Embarassed

Be calm, do a few e stops bforehand with your instructor (if they are part of the test), and if the testbloke hangs about flipping street signs, stick with your first answer...

I'm sure your instructor will give you a 10 minute buzz around. If they have confidence in you, they have put you up for a test. Thumbs Up

Lay off the caffeine beforehand.
Chill to phuck, listen, and you'll be reet!

Almost the quickest 20 mins of your life.

edit; just do what Rogerborg says! Whistle

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:01 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Doss wrote:
your instructor

He ain't no trainee, bruv.

I've been suppressing the urge to ask which category OP is going for or how they're getting their bike to and from the test centre.

Major Doss wrote:
just do what Rogerborg says! Whistle

Unzip your jacket, show some skin.

It looks like Fisty isn't going to deliver - someone should.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 11:23 - 01 Jun 2017; edited 1 time in total

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention an important gotchya, right next to the test centre there's an industrial estate, be careful if you head into it as it's a 20mph limit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:18 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayyyy! Passed my A1 Mod 2 (saw you asked about it Roger), only got 2 minors for 1 - Appropriate Speed, think i was going a bit slow transferring from a 20mph zone to 30mph. 2 - Normal Riding Positioning - was probably when I was going around a parked car and must've got a bit close. Hey ho, passed the test and just gotta wait till I'm 19 and I can get on the bigger bikes. And also need to do my driving test now.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:54 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. Thumbs Up

Double thumbs for doing it without paying to have your ear Teffed off. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Dimerz wrote:
Hey ho, passed the test and just gotta wait till I'm 19 and I can get on the bigger bikes.

Oh, you've done A1. You're aware that your license doesn't automagically upgrade and you'll need to do both modules all over again on a 395cc+ 20-35kW bike when you turn 19, right?

However, having demonstrated that you can do it the hard way on a 125, it should be a formality doing it again on a bigger bike.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimerz wrote:
Ayyyy! Passed my A1 Mod 2 (saw you asked about it Roger), only got 2 minors for 1 - Appropriate Speed, think i was going a bit slow transferring from a 20mph zone to 30mph. 2 - Normal Riding Positioning - was probably when I was going around a parked car and must've got a bit close. Hey ho, passed the test and just gotta wait till I'm 19 and I can get on the bigger bikes. And also need to do my driving test now.

Good Job. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Great feeling right?!!!

But yeah, what Rogor said!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. Now you can go on to motorways and stop at services for a coffee anytime.
(Unlike others on here!) Re. post on bike getting seized.))

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:05 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Doss wrote:
Be calm, do a few e stops bforehand with your instructor (if they are part of the test), and if the testbloke hangs about flipping street signs, stick with your first answer...

Fairly certain they're not (due to Mod 1 etc.), I believe they can still be part of the car driving test but I wasn't asked to one (and never practised one either) Neutral

Sad it was an A1 test, and OP can't ride anything bigger Crying or Very sad

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:40 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh whattt, didnt know i had to re-do both mod 1 and 2 again. Oh well, 2 years and a bit away, does make sense though i guess. But yeah feels good riding without the l plates; makes me go about 5mph faster Laughing Laughing Thanks for everyones input and support, helped alot.

Dimerz
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:36 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we did end up going towards the waltham abbey/cross side on the independant ride, but was first riding around in enfield.

Major Doss
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:30 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done feller! M.C. and the 'borg know more than me, obvs! I had been thinking about old time 2 part tests- completely forgetting the hoops you guys have to jump through, so kudos to you! Wink Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2