Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trackday Debris Knockout & Crash

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Trackday Debris Knockout & Crash Reply with quote

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e1f_1496639942

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:27 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit the bed, how unlucky was that.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied from another forum, here's what the victim had to say about it

Joshua Boyd wrote:

Clearly we live in a world where people cannot be left to make their own decisions and must have their hand held through life.

It's sickening to think that Trackday Organisers are all to quick to prevent you from joining the circuit if your noise level is 1db above the set limit but will not check to see if the machines themselves are fit for purpose.

03/06/2017 could of easily been my last day due to the faults of another person. This incident was caused by carelessness from the owner of the Yellow ZX10R. Properly fastened and secured bodywork doesn't 'fall off'. The bellypan made impact with my head at speeds easily exceeding 140mph. I was knocked unconscious immediately, allowing my body to fall back and drape off the side of the bike.

Luckily, I have no memory of the incident, only that I had left pitlane and woke up in hospital with blurred vision coupled with seeing different colours in each eye. All I have is a totalled bike and some videos to put meaning to the mess.

Had I of stayed attached to the bike upon impact, I doubt I'd be sharing this with you now.
I doubt the Trackday Organisers will ever scrutinise machinery, they are covered against loss of life in their Terms and Conditions, it's not in their interest to hold the hands of those who cannot help themselves.

I have been extremely fortunate to come away from the crash without serious injury. I will certainly never do a Trackday again. I'll stick with the Official BSB Tests and respectable Club Racing Organisations where machines are checked for safety prior to riding!

I'd like to say thankyou to whoever pulled up after the incident, even though it also puts yourselves in danger.

The aim of a trackdays is to provide you with the opportunity to use your machine at speed in a 'safe' environment. Poor judgement could end someone's life.

Very lucky to be alive, IMO!

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Jeepers, how easily that could have gone differently.

I suspect the fact be was unconscious probably helped, as he didn't tense up.

Last edited by Tracer1234 on 21:18 - 05 Jun 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Minty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:16 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help but smile at some of the comments:

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he was knocked out by this.

https://s20.postimg.org/k3jjvghcd/Screenshot_2017-06-05_at_21.19.26.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:25 - 05 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/Y16C0hi.jpg

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 07 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell...
Thinking about it, a few weeks ago I saw some fairing come off a bike 3 corners before that (between palmer/agostini)...

They'll let anyone on the track these days Shocked

Starting to look at alternatives as the last few have been red flag after red flag after red flag Rolling Eyes :-\

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condition of some bikes during track days is shocking Wink

Gaffer taped, cable tied bellypan at 150mph speed.. what can go wrong? lol

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:47 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw something fly off a xz-10 at Silver Stone international circuit last week... Looked like a clutch cover p[protective cover of sorts... We were only doing about 130'ish at the time Rolling Eyes

I'm actually surprised these kinds of 'incidents' don't happen more often now that I'm noticing it more Shocked.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 253 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1