Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBR Expers wanted...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bumble bee 85
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:53 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: CBR Expers wanted... Reply with quote

Hey.. ingot in my head a litle project but as i am only a beginer its only n idea.. i thoght of if it would be possible to swap 125cc engine with 250cc ..
Its just that i thight ways round and this is one of best options...
i got cbr 125r 2012... thinking of geting rid of original exhaust, chainging a back sprocket in to 42 or 38 pins instead of 44. But most in it i want to get cbr 250cc engine in it... guys, i mean experts and technicians .. need suggestions, thoghts..
Im not buyng biger bike cos i dont have licence for it... only alowed 125cc.. but if i fit what i say and keep it low i be fine....
Need help here lads 🚴🚴🚴🚴🚵🚵🚵🚴🚴🚴

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:01 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://m.popkey.co/54e5d6/ZmL17.gif

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't have a licence for a 125 with a 250 engine either, so just buy yourself a 600 and be done with it.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

bumble bee 85
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:11 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
You won't have a licence for a 125 with a 250 engine either, so just buy yourself a 600 and be done with it.

I know.. but if i leave it reg as 125 i be just fine... comon.. need people who thinks out side box...

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 23:54 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have ANY licence?
But hey, Criminal Genius...where you going to get a CBR250 engine from? If you want t ring a 250 as a Learner-Illegal.. and ride with no licence, no insurance, no MOT, no tax, on a bike other than described on the log-book... why go to all the faff of finding 250 engne and tryig to fit it into 125 bke; why not just unbolt the Reg-No from your 125 and bolt that to the 250, you wont have to take engine out of?
Same ultimate conclusion; 250cc bike, that wont 'ping' ANPR.. but get you rght royally fucked if you do get pulled and chcked over...
For what?
CBR125 delivers what 14bhp and might achieve 70mph.
CBR250 delivers what, 22bhp and might just about reach 90mph?
I mean this doesn't even get you into de-restricted NSR125 terratory, does it?
And you want to do a shit load of spanner twiddling, to make such a not really a 125 but still 125 slow bike, and are prepared to risk a rap-sheet longer than your arm, fines bigger than the national budget deficit, and a licence you dont have....
Go for it.. let Darwinism run its course!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bumble bee 85
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:14 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Do you have ANY licence?
But hey, Criminal Genius...where you going to get a CBR250 engine from? If you want t ring a 250 as a Learner-Illegal.. and ride with no licence, no insurance, no MOT, no tax, on a bike other than described on the log-book... why go to all the faff of finding 250 engne and tryig to fit it into 125 bke; why not just unbolt the Reg-No from your 125 and bolt that to the 250, you wont have to take engine out of?
Same ultimate conclusion; 250cc bike, that wont 'ping' ANPR.. but get you rght royally fucked if you do get pulled and chcked over...
For what?
CBR125 delivers what 14bhp and might achieve 70mph.
CBR250 delivers what, 22bhp and might just about reach 90mph?
I mean this doesn't even get you into de-restricted NSR125 terratory, does it?
And you want to do a shit load of spanner twiddling, to make such a not really a 125 but still 125 slow bike, and are prepared to risk a rap-sheet longer than your arm, fines bigger than the national budget deficit, and a licence you dont have....
Go for it.. let Darwinism run its course!

No i dont .. and its just n idea. Also evolution didnt kick humans in this planet.... now let your stupidity sink in with the system you live... thx for the thoght

By the way... i got 250cc cbr 2012 engine in my garage. .. just like i fxkn say need expert not an idiot
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

bumble bee 85
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:19 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Teflon-Mike"]Do you have ANY licence?
But hey, Criminal Genius...where you going to get a CBR250 engine from? If you want t ring a 250 as a Learner-Illegal.. and ride with no licence, no insurance, no MOT, no tax, on a bike other than described on the yes indo have licence. . Have you?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:48 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: CBR Expers wanted... Reply with quote

bumble bee 85 wrote:
Hey.. ingot in my head

Clearly. Is it a lead one?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 07:34 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good idea.

It will never fit into that frame. Might as well just buy a 250, put 125 plate on it. Done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 08:13 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's the popo fooled.

https://i.imgur.com/nEJtjDS.jpg

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 08:23 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumble bee 85 wrote:
Teflon-Mike wrote:
Do you have ANY licence?
But hey, Criminal Genius...where you going to get a CBR250 engine from? If you want t ring a 250 as a Learner-Illegal.. and ride with no licence, no insurance, no MOT, no tax, on a bike other than described on the
yes indo have licence. . Have you?

Really? What sort?
Mines pink; and has valid from dates next to the entitlements that were some-time late last century.

For no effort with spanners or welder, I could, for less money than it would take to buy a half way to the scrap-heap CBR125, "I wanna be a Fire-Place" 4-stroke commuter in a play-suit; buy a genuine Fire-Blade or Black-Bird or any of a hundred other genuinely high performance, genuine sports-bikes, and ride any of them quite legally, or even seriously illegally.. with near triple national limit top speeds!

Ooooh! Hang on been there, done that, got the SP30's on that aged pink licence to show for it!

NOW... you want to stuff a CBR250 motor into a CBR125 frame..... 'cos well... lets look at the criminal genius of the scheme shall we?

Lots of work, to make your bike less valuable and less reliable; to defraud tax man, invalidate the registration, and your insurance; and gawd knows how many other potential 'crimes'.. all to achieve what?

A bike that is STILL 125 'slow'; no faster than any of the older un-restricted two-strokes, that at least have frames designed for their full power but still sub triple digit top speed performance, rather than an over-stressed over dressed cost-cutting commuter bike.... That you reckon you will be able to slide under the radar.. by riding it 'carefully' Rolling Eyes

Yeah.... so you rather defy any gain you achieve by not exploiting it, to remain unobserved.... that's likely isn't it! OR you exploit it... and risk getting tugged... and having book chucked at you, for everything and anything, from not having licence entitlement through riding bike other than described on V5, hence not insured, and having the thing seized and crushed before they decide how much to fine you for the next decade, and how big a ban to give you...

For what? Maybe an extra 5-10mph more top end on a good day.. without having to go to the effort of what? Doing oooh, a couple of hours of tests that cost barely £150.. so ALL they can chuck at you is an SP30.

Hardly the fiendish criminal genius of a Professor Moriarty is it?

But, as ever; all the evidence of the criminal genius at work; an aspirational detachment bordering on the delusional; absolute conviction "I WONT get caught", combined with similar conviction that the reward is completely and utterly worth the risks that delusion perversely denies are likely to result in a negative out-come; in the face of an ego that wishes to inflate those risks, for the 'rebel-cudos' of beating the system; Combined with a laziness, that wants it all, here and now, right away, for minimum effort.....

To the point that criminal genius has to reveal the criminal master-plan on a public forum, to even find out how to start!!!

[asside] Hey, Mr Police-Man... how's that pop-corn? Salted or Sugared?

But hey; you say you have bike, you have engine... go grab a tape measure and start from the chain run, measuring up the mounting point spacing and clearances around the engine.. most motors can be stuffed into most frames with a little plate to make brackets, a hack-saw, drill and welder...

https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/blade625/GSXR-mini.jpg

Its your daft idea, run with it.... keep us updated with progress; your audience is agog, and will be progressing from the popcorn to the donuts duly, I am sure!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:44 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP
I think you'll find most of us here have a licence, and the majority of those have full A category.
This is because we've done the training, paid our way and done things properly and legally.
Plonkers flying around on dodgy illegal bikes that are either stolen, uninsured, falsely represented
on the V5 or tampered with give all of us who have done things the right way a bad name. And we're already
seen in a negative light by the majority. Bikes are expensive, training is expensive, kit is expensive, insurance is
expensive, tyres are expensive, parts are expensive, mechanics are expensive. Figured it out yet?

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:59 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're an absolute bumblecunt and should be shot in front of your parents.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:10 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: CBR Expers wanted... Reply with quote

bumble bee 85 wrote:
its only n idea.. i thoght of if it would be possible to swap 125cc engine with 250cc ..

You're the first person to come up with that idea. Thumbs Up

You'll need to swap a lot more than just the engine and the exhaust however if you can do the engine swapping part of it then the rest should be relatively straight forward.

If you can fit the 250 engine in the 125 frame and make all the necessary brackets then it'll easy.

But what type of pussy are you if you're only going to shoe horn a 250 engine in? A parallel-twin seems like a boring choice of engine, a big single could be fun and would require less shoehorning to make it fit.

How old are you?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:30 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: CBR Expers wanted... Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
A parallel-twin seems like a boring choice of engine

The modern CBR250 is a single. 23.7hp @ 9900 revs, such racebike.

I'm fairly sure it's not the same frame as the 125 though, so it makes no more sense to try shoehorning a Honda lump in than anything else.

Anyway, OP - who is totally real and not at all trite - "has" the bike and the engine in his possession, so is in a better position to say whether it'll fit than fakehate swivel-chair internets experts.

Ste wrote:
How old are you?

You reckon he's not a grown man?

Where do you wanna meet him?

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 09:59 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: CBR Expers wanted... Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
A parallel-twin seems like a boring choice of engine, a big single could be fun and would require less shoehorning to make it fit.

2012 CBR is change-over year between the early Sega-Super-Hang-on styled one, and the face-lift YZF-R125 rivaling model, I think.
Both have 4-valve LC singles, in a pressed steel frame.

CBR250's are another matter! '86-96 4-cylinder 'Baby-Blade' with then Japan Market licence friendly 45bhp, that revved to an astounding 22ooo rpm, is still an astounding bit of kit. I'd buy one 'just' to rev up in the garage doorway, I think!

Y2K on CBR250's were a rather lack-luster 4v water-cooled single, using the CRF 250 dirt-bike engine; an enormous cost-cutting job, they didn't simply shoe horn the CRF lump into the 125 chassis; seems it got its own unique welded tube & plate frame; and less power even than the old 250N lardy-dream, let alone the old air-cooled 4v single 250RS!

CBR250RR 'twin' is supposed to be launched this year; and suggestion is that it may have as much as 38bhp! Which is slightly more inspiring than the old Super-Dreams, I suppose... but I wonder whether by the time they have made it emission friendly how many of them will get to the back wheel?

Dirt-Bike motors into a 125 road frame? NOW you are talking.... but I would't start with a CBR125, I don't think!

350YPVS Mito? Huquavarna- Aprillia 500? Maybe an NSR/CR250? These could all be rather 'useful'.. but have been done before...

Sort of puts Moriati, there's plan in perspective; though; So much work for so little gain, and so much risk!

I could slap an old air-cooled CB 'two-fifty' engine into a thirty year old CB125 Super-Dream, in about twenty minutes, without having to make a bracket, or swap a bolt; most vexing bit making a piggy-back connector to fire both CDi's off one sensor, but I already have one of them, for 'some' curious reason lol! Still be four-stroke lightweight 'slow' though. More 'fun' ragging the arse off the 125 lump trying not to brake for corners!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:20 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: CBR Expers wanted... Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
CBR250's are another matter! '86-96 4-cylinder 'Baby-Blade' with then Japan Market licence friendly 45bhp, that revved to an astounding 22ooo rpm, is still an astounding bit of kit. I'd buy one 'just' to rev up in the garage doorway, I think!

I assumed that he wouldn't be stupid enough to even try and wedge one of those in a CBR125 frame and that no expert who entertain the idea of taking a perfectly good CBR250RR engine with it's 22k red line and putting it into a CBR125 frame. Razz

You should buy one. If not just to prevent the OP from getting his hands on it. Razz

I didn't bother doing enough reading up on the new CBR250 to see that it's not actually been released yet. Oh well. Laughing

23.7hp CBR250 single? That's crappy, might as well get an NSR125 and derestrict it.

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Dirt-Bike motors into a 125 road frame? NOW you are talking.... but I would't start with a CBR125, I don't think!

350YPVS Mito? Huquavarna- Aprillia 500? Maybe an NSR/CR250? These could all be rather 'useful'.. but have been done before...

Sort of puts Moriati, there's plan in perspective; though; So much work for so little gain, and so much risk!

Many choices... and if he's going to do something with lots of risk, it might as well be as fun as possible.

Rogerborg wrote:
Ste wrote:
How old are you?

You reckon he's not a grown man?

Where do you wanna meet him?

Why dont you come round here and talk to me man to man you fucking piece of shit.

But I was mostly asking his age as the '85' part of his username might mean he was born in 1985 in which case he should just go and get a full license.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:35 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumble bee 85 wrote:
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

I know.. but if i leave it reg as 125 i be just fine... comon.. need people who thinks out side box...

OK, get a Virago 125 and pop a Virago 250 engine in it, it's the same frame.

Outsideboxy enough?
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: CBR Expers wanted... Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
But I was mostly asking his age as the '85' part of his username might mean he was born in 1985
Swing and a miss.

It's IQ.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: CBR Expers wanted... Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
Ste wrote:
But I was mostly asking his age as the '85' part of his username might mean he was born in 1985
Swing and a miss.

It's IQ.

You're being somewhat generous I feel

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: CBR Expers wanted... Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
You're being somewhat generous I feel

Very generous judging by his grasp of the English language

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing English isn't his first language

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be plenty fluent in Fuckwit though...

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 05 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forget the CBR 250 engine idea personally. You'd need more of everything to make it as good to ride as a CBR250 so you might as well have bought one. What I'd like to know is how you came about having a CBR250 engine sat in your garage though?

I'd sell your 250 engine and put the cash towards a 170cc big bore kit, and all the other bits that go with it to make it work well, (cams, ECU, exhaust, injectors, etc etc) the Thai built CBR150 had a four valve dohc head and produced 18-20bhp?

That's what I'd aim at with yours if you wanna throw a load of cash into it as a project. Personally I'd think a 20bhp 170cc conversion would go better than the heavier 250cc engine with only a few bhp more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2