Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Towering Inferno

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossrail made jobs.

Several months ago I was lurking down by the cake shop at Custom House DLR station and was delighted to bump into the son of an old mate of mine from my Fulham days, wearing steelies and a hard hat.

Turns out he had got a construction job with Crossrail and had been working there for over a year on it. Prior to this, in his teens and early 20s he was heading towards the Lost Cause/Prison lifestyle. Now he's a family man with 2 kids and a job, dead pleased I was.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good few of the lads around Salford precinct would leap at the chance of a decent job, McD's can only soak up so many. No way to wriggle, London doesn't 'suck in' investment, it demands it as some kind of right. What surprised me, was just exactly HOW MANY 'ethnics' are needed to keep the whole shebang up and running.
I took a case to the Employment Tribunal appeals court, down on the embankment. From the moment I walked in to the moment I actually met the Tribunal Chairman, he and I were the only white face in the place. The cafe I had a quick, extortionately priced coffee, the car park attendants.... et al. You only survive because you can operate a modern day slave economy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:48 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Much though I want to agree with you, we Londoners would have our mouths scrubbed out with wire wool and carbolic soap to teach us not to be so casually racist as that Laughing

We don't see it as a slave economy, we see it as an invasion of the ethnic types (as you put it in such a charmingly Kradmelderish fashion) having been encouraged to come here and being given jobs that our disenfranchised English boys /could/ be doing, except that, having lived as the underclass for more than a generation (see other thread), they are now not inclined to do so, preferring apparently to stick to the twin occupations of drug dealing and midnight motorcycle dismantling instead.

Trying to get a traditional English name understood and spelt correctly by the gatekeepers and reception/coffee shop staff of London is incredibly difficult, and they DO insist upon taking your name, for they take up the majority of the security jobs ... that the same English boys used to do just by being a little bit thuggy. And having an impossible to spell English name is apparently quite a crime, because you are looked upon suspiciously by these holders of the keyhs of large and apparently important places, if you do not conform and give a name that takes more than five seconds to comprehend and wriite down. I often wonder if they wouldd prefer we were all called Smith, as they would then be less confused by O'Malley, "Green without an e at the end", Hollingsworth, or McTavish, perfectly normal "British" names. God only knows what they would make of Fanshawe spelt Featherstonehaugh.

Any kind of "security" is predominantly done by your ethnics now, most of whom, if they are confronted with an argument, would be more likely to wave their minimum hours employment contract at you, rather than a fist. "It says here I am not allowed to lay a finger on you without your permission so I must insist you stop fighting immediately".

THAT's what annoys Londoners, and its probably why they voted for Brexit (also another thread which I haven't really bothered to becoming involved with because tedious)

Anyway, I only came into this thread to remind you that Grenfell is still about the small lives of people, and to suggest a shrub-filled cemetery testament to the lives of those lost. So I shall not argue further sociological issues within these walls.

*hastily removes the Alf Garnett hat and replaces it with a more jaunty number*

Last edited by hellkat on 21:18 - 09 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
A good few of the lads around Salford precinct would leap at the chance of a decent job, McD's can only soak up so many. No way to wriggle, London doesn't 'suck in' investment, it demands it as some kind of right.

See the previous page.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 09 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its true, even in London that the predominant employer of working-class British boys is McDons. You see more of them working there than anywhere else. I truly hope they go on to get other jobs, I suppose they must do, because there are British boys running hotels and restaurants in lower management levels, certainly no posh boys work at McDons, one assumes the posh boys get internships at the big firms through Daddy*, but working class boys, yeah. McDonalds or Greggs, fuck-all else.

*having said that, there's a preponderance of young asian, eastern european and orientals (male and female) working in those firms, so one has to assume that they have written whilst in year 12/13 and said "Please can I have an internship, I am going to XYZ college when I finish school". And you wonder why more British boys, black or white, aren't doing the same.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:05 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
*having said that, there's a preponderance of young asian, eastern european and orientals (male and female) working in those firms

I guess it could be "diversity" as in positive discrimination, but I think it's more likely that they get the grades and or are better at bs'ing their way in.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:45 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, everyone, the culprits have been found: it was die Juden.

You could make that up, but apparently you don't have to.

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:48 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Good news, everyone, the culprits have been found: it was die Juden.

You could make that up, but apparently you don't have to.

Nazi Ali apparently. What a dick.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:00 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about Diane Abbot with her 'hundreds have been killed'

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 10 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
how about Diane Abbot with her 'hundreds have been killed'

TBF that was one of her better attempts at numeracy.

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the all-demanding self-entitled freeloading residents have been on the tv again today...saying they will downright REFUSE to accept any acomodation unless it's in Knightsbridge !!

Its like going into a pub with no money, not being able to afford a drink and being offered a free bottle of wine on the house, but then telling the barman to shove it up his arse unless its a bottle of champagne!!

Do these people realise how bad they are making themselves look? When you get something for NOTHING then generally you have to accept you will have less of a choice on it than someone who is paying for it.

Last edited by thepuma on 07:13 - 20 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why we're pandering to all this outrage and entitlement. What they SHOULD have done is had immigration,
the local authority housing representative and the Home office involved right from the start. Not meant to be here?
Either in the UK or that particular block, then GTFO. They missed a trick there, could have got properly shot of a fair few
freeloaders and downright pisstakers if they had.

Don't like it? Too bad! No amnesty, no blind eye turning, just enforce the rules which so very many seem to think don't
apply to them. I wouldn't compensate someone who lived there but got the flat by nefarious means, I mean what
are they gonna do to make the government pay up?? It may have the additional effect of quietening down all the
other tower block dwellers up and down the country who now also seem to believe they are entitled to new
places to live. Sure, we'll re-renovate your blocks, but lets have a head count and verified list of names first
or fuck the lot of you. Oh and by the way you're not 'getting' houses either. That's what Thatcher would have done
I reckon.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream the other night, one of the blocks where I live went up Grenfell stylee. Genuine emotional distress Crying or Very sad
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I had a dream the other night, one of the blocks where I live went up Grenfell stylee. Genuine emotional distress Crying or Very sad

I'd bet you a tenner someone has already tried that one.

Reminds me of this for some reason.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
M.C wrote:

I bet your Mummy was happy, having to get you back to sleep.

Bitty helps.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:24 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Going to put in for a semi in Knightsbridge?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepuma wrote:

they will downright REFUSE to accept any acomodation unless it's in Knightsbridge !!

The housing dept policy is almost certain to make it clear that there is a no-refusals policy. Most councils have a maximum of one-refusal, and then they take you off the "homeless" list. The council mentality being that you can't be THAT homeless if you are being picky. So its a double edged sword: accept a temporary property (such as the guy who offered his new development for temporarily rehousing them) and then find yourself no longer eligible to be on the list for a council flat, or accept one that you have no choice to live in, regardless of where it is.

Besides, living in Knightsbridge would not be all its cracked up to be. Its full of Arabs, who often stay up until the wee small hours in the summer with middle-Eastern music blaring (nice if you like that kind of thing, better in the streets of Istanbul, though), and play football (yes) in the streets behind Harrods - and worse in the summer when the rich boys come over from the Gulf States with their noisy supercars. There's few "ordinary" shops - the closest is Sainsburys at Gloucester Road - and everything in every other shop that isn't a designer store, is gaudily gilded so has a premium price.

There are tiny pockets of Knightsbridge I'd like to live: tiny tiny mews behind the north of Belgrave Square, or a nice little enclave just off Eaton Terrace, but not many others.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the esteemed member from out-Bristol-way in that this should be affording ALL COUNCILS the opportunity for a headcount, specifically in tower blocks similar to Grenfell, and more generally amongst their populations in other types of housing.

Its the perfect opportunity for a draconian but very necessary process of tidying up the immigration problem*. Without wanting to sound like I vote for UKIP, this country IS overpopulated, we cannot continue to sustain the increasing immigration, and all public services - not just housing - are suffering, to the detriment of everybody.

But how do you kick them out if "going back where they come from" no longer exists? I guess they shoulda stayed put in the first place and rebuilt what was ruined, instead of running off like headless chickens, or been murdered or imprisoned for imagined wrongs against the regime of the time. Mmmm, controversial opinion/difficult to quantify.

I was there yesterday, St Ann's Rd this time, dropping off a brace of posh chaps from a well-known design company who have a HQ round the corner. Still people are bringing flowers, and coming to look, staring embarrasedly at the hopeful flyers and prayers stuck up, rustling all over the pillars of buildings in the region, and plastered all over the Pig & Whistle (a flat-topped pub) nearby.

It still grips your guts when you see the tributes up close, let alone the tower itself. The desperation and hope in those flyers makes your stomach churn for where/how the people in the pictures might have ended up.

*And I'm certainly not planning on "going back where I come from" any time soon, either Folded arms

Shifty

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:49 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
It still grips your guts when you see the tributes up close, let alone the tower itself. The desperation and hope in those flyers makes your stomach churn for where/how the people in the pictures might have ended up.

Knightsbridge?

You were doing so well up until then too. I can assure you that my guts would remain ungripped. Yes, even by pictures of a thousand missing chilluns, or a million drownded Baby Aslans.

My children first. Then a society in which they can flourish. Everything else is hostile to my genetic interest.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Going to put in for a semi in Knightsbridge?

I bet I can get a semi in knightsbridge... Laughing Rolling Eyes
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:29 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Apparently you can discriminate, so long as it's against white indigenous people.

https://www.scottishrefugeecouncil.org.uk/
https://www.rst.org.uk/
https://www.sfar.org.uk/
https://www.re-act.scot/
https://refuweegee.co.uk/
https://scotland.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_topics/finding_a_place_to_live/asylum_seekers_and_refugees/useful_links_for_asylum_seekers_and_refugees
https://thirdforcenews.org.uk/lists/refugee-crisis-what-you-can-do-in-scotland-to-help
https://beta.gov.scot/policies/refugees-and-asylum-seekers/

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:22 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I'm really quite indifferent to the fire. They care nothing for me, and I care nothing for them.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
hellkat wrote:

I'm really quite indifferent to the fire. They care nothing for me, and I care nothing for them.

Me too.

I used to wonder if there was something wrong with me emotionally. The holocaust doesn't create angst in me. I couldn't care less that we were big in the slave trade in the 1700's. When the Herald of Free Enterprise capsized I was more worried about what stupid rules the MCA were going to implement that would make my job harder and with Grenfell burnt I just wondered who was going to make the most political ground out of it.

The only thing that has actually made me slightly queasy was the Peace Park and Hiroshima nuclear museum, but it's all just numbers in reality and the one thing the human race has in abundance is numbers.

I did almost cry when my dog died though so I can't be all heartless.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 17 of 37