Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Towering Inferno

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 05 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd if I though you really meant that, I would be having words with your mum.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:26 - 05 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:

I thought the BCF barbecue was cancelled?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 05 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
mpd if I though you really meant that, I would be having words with your mum.

It was probably mpd72's video
Jewlio Rides Again LLB This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 05 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think it is real news. Just a bunch of rednecks being unpleasant... Come to think of it, a bit like an EDL rally!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 05 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:

I think stuff like that is pretty grim. But, without the media, who'd really know about it? And, the daily mail are kinda egging it on and saying how bad it is at the same time.

People make sick jokes, and do crass stuff, but... I mean do the police now spend their budgets sitting on computers looking to prosecute people for outraging people?

Three stabbings in my town this week, 4 murders this year, and I don't even live in London.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:45 - 05 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fine british tradition of offending minority groups by burning them in effigy on the 5th of November.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/oct/31/race.world1

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 07:32 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"a sickening video"

"complete with screaming victims at windows."

"the 'vile' effigy"

"To mock that disaster in such a crude way is vile"

"appalling and disturbing video"

"pain and offence"

"sickening act of hate"

"disgusting video"

"extremely upsetting"

"hateful and offensive"

"disgusted and shocked at the inhumanity and callousness of those involved"

"I urge social media companies to do the right thing and remove this content immediately"

"absolutely despicable"

"an appalling and disturbing video"

"sick mentality of racist, bigoted individuals"

And the Daily Mail provide a copy of the video in full so you can judge for yourself just how bad it is. Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:47 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't find it odd that the eejits do things like this - they are eejits after all. What I find odd is that the Daily Mail publishes it. The eejits are potential Daily Mail readers...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:27 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Authorities say they are determined to track down the people responsible for the burning of the mock-up Grenfell Tower.

They are interested in finding out more about the materials used as it resisted the fire for twice as long as the real thing.

Last edited by Ste on 09:18 - 06 Nov 2018; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:06 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've handed themselves to police now and are under arrest. Shocked So what we have here is a situation where
it's okay to burn some effigies in Nov 5th celebrations but not others. I mean putting a Guy on the top of a fire is
fine for 400 years or so, even if he was a Catholic. But this.... This is a step too far.... Rolling Eyes

At least its still okay to burn the union flag at Fireworks displays up in Leedsistan No arrests made. Thinking

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the flag was burned because burning is the appropriate way to destroy a tattered flag. It was burned by white people, not darkies. Nothing to see there...

Re. 5 people handing themselves in for burning the mock Grenfell, that doesn't make any sense because they may be charged. Given that it was the Daily Mail, I suspect a poorly-judged attempt at martyrdom.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to report my son for race-crimes but couldn't decided between that and homophobia as he also told me my pyjamas were 'gay'.

Look further than your Left wing agenda here - it was the Daily Mail that broke the story. Not a Left wing paper. Ask yourself why...

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Meanwhile, not headline news, but another murder in Londonistan last night, making it now a daily occurrence of late and what, 6 since Friday? Not a sniff on the radio news, because it's not a "hate crime" which seems to be all the rage now.

Burning of an old box on a bonfire is more important. Tut Tut
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

There's an implication there that is absolutely incorrect. You should retract it.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Apparently the flag was burned because burning is the appropriate way to destroy a tattered flag.

I can't get very excited about that. After all, in this country, the flag is just a bit of cloth, paper, plastic.... we are much "bigger" than the flag. Still, were it to be burned in a particularly insulting manner, then perhaps someone would then deserve a good kicking.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Authorities say they are determined to track down the people responsible for the burning of the mock-up Grenfell Tower.

They are interested in finding out more about the materials used as it resisted the fire for twice as long as the real thing.

Gah! Have you been in the public bar? That's where all sorts of these sanity-inducing jokes are told...

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

offensive, not inaccurate, and satire all in one

To be honest, I could see Private Eye printing a joke like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

P'raps I should have put a smiley on my "public bar" comment. Still, if one has to explain..... Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 06 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an utter waste of police resources.

Still, have to keep the howling mob satiated, Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 165 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37