Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

More woes for the future of the planet.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: More woes for the future of the planet. Reply with quote

With the rise of ULEZ zones, congestion charges and electric vehicles in the UK to keep the greens, extinction rebellion and Greta Thunberg happy and to provide balm to the finances of many councils....

Why fcuking bother

With China and India (among others) chucking more crap into the atmosphere and not giving a moneys uncle about it, we now have Brazil burning the Amazon rain forest to provide farm land and they aren't too bothered about getting slagged off by Europe because of it.

https://home.bt.com/news/world-news/bolsonaro-defiant-as-global-fears-escalate-over-amazon-wildfires-11364387129726

Go down there Greta and stand in front of a logging machine. I'm sure it will stop for you.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/21/americas/amazon-rainforest-fire-intl-hnk-trnd/index.html
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
The irony is the Barzilian president is blaming green activist groups for lighting to the fires to make it look like the Brazilian government are burning down more of the Amazon to farm cattle, than they really are.

I wouldn't put it past them either.

Bollox. He's said all along who has described Brazil’s rainforest protections as an obstacle to economic development.

He's another emerging rich country that's going to carry on fcuking up the environment unless the soft cvnts in the western democracies give him large amounts of money not to do it.

It's blackmail.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect it's mainly been blown up to suit the current agendas. Just in time for the G7 - so convenient.
Apparently a lot of the photos to illustrate it are years old and in some case on a different continent.
All that Palm Oil has to come from somewhere, and lets make homegrown meat from pasture somehow politically incorrect while importing from all round the world.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just makes me glad that (a) I don't have kids, and (b) I've probably only got about 15-20 years left in me.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing You can't seriously believe The Greens are burning down the rainforest to make a point about deforestation.

The Brazilians are using their natural resources and doing exactly what we did centuries ago. If we want them to stop we'll have to pay them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Laughing You can't seriously believe The Greens are burning down the rainforest to make a point about deforestation.

The Brazilians are using their natural resources and doing exactly what we did centuries ago. If we want them to stop we'll have to pay them.

That; or perhaps threaten them with very strict sanctions, but there would be whingeing from all over the place.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

A few forests in England is not 1000's of square mile of rain forest but I agree, if we want them to keep it pristine we have to pay them.

The trouble with paying them though is they will take the money and carry on with the deforestation while wringing their hands about these saboteurs.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:11 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean we will have super solar cars that essentially run for free and energy beamed down from space or is it the usual extra restrictions and taxes? Thinking

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Why not?

Why is it that you immediately greet every news item with a loony conspiracy theory?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I have been "enemied"! How silly.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 245 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1