Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

mikester
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:07 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
mikester wrote:
damn, thread not for good reading. suspect I have the same, been sent for an ultrasound to confirm with the options of steroid injections, physio or surgery dependant on the severity... all this from having my arms in the air on a rollercoaster then getting bashed in the cart Sad

My sister did hers playing Wii boxing so you don't get first prize unfortunately Smile

I don't feel as bad now! Didn't realise that area could be so fragile.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikester wrote:
I don't feel as bad now! Didn't realise that area could be so fragile.

Someone told me it's a design flaw in the human body. Apparently the lord doesn't know everything.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 24 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. Back on two wheels today for the first time since the shoulder reconstruction - rode to the MOT station and back! Dance!
Enormous relief as at one point it looked like my biking days might have been over. I had just over 3 months out - so am back on the road just in time for winter - yay.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought others who've had a similar injury might be interested in how this has turned out for me. Ever since my shoulder reconstruction in July I've been seeing the physio every 3 weeks and religiously doing the prescribed exercises 2-3 times/daily (a right PITA but it's been drummed in to me that success or failure of the op depends on doing it).

The shoulder's been steadily improving, and as of now I have zero pain day or night, and have regained virtually complete range of movement in the joint. I can pretty much lift as much (eg motorbikes!) as I could before the injury.

Given that I was told the op was really still experimental and that there were no guarantees it would help me at all, I'm absolutely delighted with the outcome. Let's just hope it lasts a reasonable time...

To anybody else in this situation (and my physio says that shoulder injuries in bikers are her bread and butter!) - get yourself a good orthopod and follow his advice... and then FFS do that physio!

mikester
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:45 - 21 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Thought others who've had a similar injury might be interested in how this has turned out for me. Ever since my shoulder reconstruction in July I've been seeing the physio every 3 weeks and religiously doing the prescribed exercises 2-3 times/daily (a right PITA but it's been drummed in to me that success or failure of the op depends on doing it).

The shoulder's been steadily improving, and as of now I have zero pain day or night, and have regained virtually complete range of movement in the joint. I can pretty much lift as much (eg motorbikes!) as I could before the injury.

Given that I was told the op was really still experimental and that there were no guarantees it would help me at all, I'm absolutely delighted with the outcome. Let's just hope it lasts a reasonable time...

To anybody else in this situation (and my physio says that shoulder injuries in bikers are her bread and butter!) - get yourself a good orthopod and follow his advice... and then FFS do that physio!

Great news, I've had physio on mine after a steroid injection and feels way better. My injury was nowhere as bad as yours i.e no surgery needed, mine was diagnosed as bursitis in the end (you can get it in your knees too) and can't recommend physio enough. They noticed straight away it was predominately a form issue and my body had adapted to arch shoulders forward so my muscles had contracted over time meaning any movement above shoulder height was real painful and made lots of clicking noises. Basic resistance exercises and remembering to push the shoulders back whenever in the gym on shoulder exercises have almost cured it.

If anyone else gets offered physio as alternative to surgery then I would recommend trying it and sticking with it, really good service and did not pay a penny, all through the NHS and waiting time was less than a month after referral so well pleased.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 37 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2