Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

buying gear from europe-land

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:23 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: buying gear from europe-land Reply with quote

I've seen on here in the past people saying they'd got particular items for cheaper from german/italian/etc sites...

wondered if anyone had any current recommendations

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fc moto have been good in past. There was a shop in Andorra that i passed without knowing whilst skiing there. Could've saved a fortune.

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 18 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had good service from Access-Moto (France) https://www.access-moto.com/ and FC-Moto (Germany) https://www.fc-moto.de/en_GB
Remember to add the FC-Moto 10% discount code shown at the top of their page (FCMOTO10EN).

Probably not quite as good as they were, due to the exchange rate, and you have to bear in mind that it's not quite as easy to return if stuff doesn't fit. You can make significant savings though; my jacket came in at £220 compared to £400 in the UK about three years ago, gloves at £180 (IIRC) compared to £230 a few months back.

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:17 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can recommend https://www.fc-moto.de/en_GB, used them in the past, no complaints.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:20 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bamt wrote:
gloves at £180 (IIRC) compared to £230 a few months back.

I understand it's not your point, but jeez, you paid £180 for gloves?! Shocked
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used FC Moto and Motocard a few times, always a shitload cheaper for buying Dainese.

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 19 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
bamt wrote:
gloves at £180 (IIRC) compared to £230 a few months back.

I understand it's not your point, but jeez, you paid £180 for gloves?! Shocked

Yep. Rukka Argosaurus - between £230 and £250 in the UK.
I tried on lots of pairs, read lots of reviews, decided that they were right for me based on how well they fitted and felt, construction (full leather, goretex - a surprising number use pretend leather or fabric in various parts). It was the most I'd have paid, but I ride for 2-3 hours every day in all weathers (plus some longer days) so don't mind spending money on something that is comfy and hard wearing. My previous wet weather gloves (Richa) cost over £100 and failed in a few months where they had cheaped out using Pu leather around the wrist. Only done about 12k miles in them so far this year, but am more than happy with their quality and how they are wearing in.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1