Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Abusive Dulwich Paragon member

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:57 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

Had a toxic female cyclist kick off at me yesterday, my crime was to cross a solid line into a cycle lane when it became obvious she was going to pull out from between traffic in front of me.

So the bike has a camera on the front and I made some memes because I was bored.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=99692

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=99693

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=99694
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-.
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Had a toxic female cyclist kick off at me yesterday, my crime was to cross a solid line into a cycle lane when it became obvious she was going to pull out from between traffic in front of me.

So you weren't in the cycle lane before that?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:39 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
sickpup wrote:
Had a toxic female cyclist kick off at me yesterday, my crime was to cross a solid line into a cycle lane when it became obvious she was going to pull out from between traffic in front of me.

So you weren't in the cycle lane before that?


No, didn't need to be. Beech street used to be 2 lanes each way, now it has one wide lane and a cycle lane so loads of room.

Of course Toxie wouldn't have known either way considering she couldn't have seen through the cars.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-.
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:53 - 26 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see the video of the cyclist getting their rage face on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:09 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a photo, testing the wrist band remote on roadhawk ride +
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:46 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
my crime was to cross a solid line into a cycle lane


Where you on a push bike or a motor bike?
Because, tbf, if it was a motorbike, then, yes, it was a crime Wink
____________________
Honda Varadero 125cc => Suzuki Bandit 650 33bhp => 77bhp =>
BMW K1200R Sport 163bhp Twisted Evil => Aprilia Shiver GT 750 95bhp
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:24 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
Where you on a push bike or a motor bike?
Because, tbf, if it was a motorbike, then, yes, it was a crime Wink


A Motorcycle.
I'm impressed, you managed to remove all context with your comment such as the cyclist causing another vehicle to deviate its speed or direction after crossing a give way line Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later that day; http://www.koolnews.gr/sites/default/files/styles/950x650/public/tora-tora/sexilikia.jpg?itok=mlcIEZf0
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:42 - 27 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

here.
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:39 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
defblade wrote:
Where you on a push bike or a motor bike?
Because, tbf, if it was a motorbike, then, yes, it was a crime Wink


A Motorcycle.
I'm impressed, you managed to remove all context with your comment such as the cyclist causing another vehicle to deviate its speed or direction after crossing a give way line Wink


There's no give way lines in those pictures. Do you mean earlier on in the ride?

Anyhow, a cycle lane with a solid line is a mandatory cycle lane - not mandatory for cyclists to use, but motorised traffic must not enter it.

So the cyclist is not wrong to kick off at you.


Though if it was me on the pushbike you'd have had "the nod" instead while I spent the whole half a second for you to go past Very Happy Life's too short to rage Cool
____________________
Honda Varadero 125cc => Suzuki Bandit 650 33bhp => 77bhp =>
BMW K1200R Sport 163bhp Twisted Evil => Aprilia Shiver GT 750 95bhp
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-.
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:32 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
Anyhow, a cycle lane with a solid line is a mandatory cycle lane - not mandatory for cyclists to use, but motorised traffic must not enter it.

Pretty much ignored in London, lower thames street was unbelievably dangerous, solid white line yet motorbikes/scooters used to whizz down the cycle lane at speed. It's segregated now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
It's segregated now.


would that be to keep the sanctimonious in or the pious out ? Wink
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:53 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Pretty much ignored in London, lower thames street was unbelievably dangerous, solid white line yet motorbikes/scooters used to whizz down the cycle lane at speed. It's segregated now.


And yet did you ever see an incident?

defblade wrote:
There's no give way lines in those pictures. Do you mean earlier on in the ride?


No I mean right at that point. Note the way I said she 'pulled out between traffic'

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad297/750RK/Odds%20and%20ends/Beech%20st.jpg

defblade wrote:
Anyhow, a cycle lane with a solid line is a mandatory cycle lane - not mandatory for cyclists to use, but motorised traffic must not enter it.


Yes it is mandatory but mandatory is a transient thing. If for example you have to pull into it to get round an obstruction or to avoid riding over the top of a cyclist then that is fine.

defblade wrote:
So the cyclist is not wrong to kick off at you.


Except they are in the wrong. They ignored a give way line and pulled out in front of another vehicle causing them to deviate in their speed or direction.

Incidently Beech st is this wide at that point...

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad297/750RK/Odds%20and%20ends/Beech%20wdth.jpg

But it now has a solid white line repalcing the split white line that carries on straight not angling to the right at the keep clear road markings.

This has been an interesting thread. If a car pulls out on a motorcyclist there is uproar, because a cyclist did it and started screaming people look for fault in the motorcyclist. So why the about face?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-.
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
M.C wrote:
Pretty much ignored in London, lower thames street was unbelievably dangerous, solid white line yet motorbikes/scooters used to whizz down the cycle lane at speed. It's segregated now.


And yet did you ever see an incident?

I was nearly taken out multiple times, and would have been had I not been aware of what was around me. I generally disagree with (the need for) most of the segregated cycling they've introduced, except on that section of road, and it was bikers that made it dangerous. Shame as it has really f**ked up was already a congested road.

sickpup wrote:
This has been an interesting thread. If a car pulls out on a motorcyclist there is uproar, because a cyclist did it and started screaming people look for fault in the motorcyclist. So why the about face?

Normally BCF would be asking why you were filtering on the left like a pansy cyclist Wink Is that what Mrs Paragon was doing?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I was nearly taken out multiple times, and would have been had I not been aware of what was around me. I generally disagree with (the need for) most of the segregated cycling they've introduced, except on that section of road, and it was bikers that made it dangerous. Shame as it has really f**ked up was already a congested road.


So thats a no then.

M.C wrote:
Normally BCF would be asking why you were filtering on the left like a pansy cyclist Wink Is that what Mrs Paragon was doing?


Very good answer. You managed to completely ignore the question and try and insult me.

Filtering on the left as vehicles leave a clear line there so Motorcycles can filter without entering the cycle lane.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-.
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
So thats a no then.

You may have noticed the large amount of segregated cycling going up around London, I'm pointing out that's one area where there was a problem, and an example of how bikers ignore road markings.

sickpup wrote:
Very good answer. You managed to completely ignore the question and try and insult me.

You do have a sandy vagina (for future reference's that's an insult Wink). BCF normally has little sympathy for people filtering on the left...

sickpup wrote:
Filtering on the left as vehicles leave a clear line there so Motorcycles can filter without entering the cycle lane.

Now I know you're lying, when does that ever happen in London Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:31 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
BCF normally has little sympathy for people filtering on the left...


And that comment alone shows just how recently you joined this forum. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

-.
Super Spammer



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:46 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
M.C wrote:
BCF normally has little sympathy for people filtering on the left...


And that comment alone shows just how recently you joined this forum. Thumbs Up

Early 2013? Can't remember the guys name (can't be arsed looking either) but there was a guy who had an accident filtering on the left, and I recall there being zero sympathy. I'm not judging, I do a sneaky bit of filtering on the left in the right situation.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Early 2013? Can't remember the guys name (can't be arsed looking either) but there was a guy who had an accident filtering on the left, and I recall there being zero sympathy. I'm not judging, I do a sneaky bit of filtering on the left in the right situation.


That isn't to what I am referring. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

defblade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:04 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:


defblade wrote:
Anyhow, a cycle lane with a solid line is a mandatory cycle lane - not mandatory for cyclists to use, but motorised traffic must not enter it.


Yes it is mandatory but mandatory is a transient thing. If for example you have to pull into it to get round an obstruction or to avoid riding over the top of a cyclist then that is fine.


No, it's not. That's just justification you made up in your head. I might still do it myself and I wouldn't kick off at you in the original situation, but it is not legal.

I still don't understand about the give way thing. Looks like it's for a crossing?? And that traffic at that point should have been "keeping clear" which would have given the cyclist room to move, see and join at a gentler angle instead of having to make a narrow right angle turn on to the cycle lane.




I'm not bashing the biker instead of the cyclist, I'm bashing the person/people who is/are wrong.
In this case the biker for using the mandatory cycle lane at all (legally wrong) and the cyclist for wasting time and air being shouty about it (morally wrong, or at least utterly pointless).
____________________
Honda Varadero 125cc => Suzuki Bandit 650 33bhp => 77bhp =>
BMW K1200R Sport 163bhp Twisted Evil => Aprilia Shiver GT 750 95bhp
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzoid
Nearly there...



Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:21 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
I'm not bashing the biker instead of the cyclist, I'm bashing the person/people who is/are wrong.
In this case the biker for using the mandatory cycle lane at all (legally wrong)


Even if it was to avoid a collision?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:22 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

defblade wrote:
No, it's not. That's just justification you made up in your head. I might still do it myself and I wouldn't kick off at you in the original situation, but it is not legal.


I didn't say it was legal I said it was fine.

You seem to be saying I am breaking the law and should have hit the cyclist which is rather odd.

The is covered by the defence of Duress in particular the defence of necessity which is governed by the Graham test.

The elements of the Graham test:

R~V~Graham wrote:

1. The defendant must have a reasonable belief in the circumstances;
2. This belief must have lead the defendant to have a good cause to fear death or serious injury would result if he did not comply; and
3. A sober person of reasonable firmness, sharing the characteristics of the defendant, might have acted as the defendant did.


defblade wrote:
I still don't understand about the give way thing. Looks like it's for a crossing?? And that traffic at that point should have been "keeping clear" which would have given the cyclist room to move, see and join at a gentler angle instead of having to make a narrow right angle turn on to the cycle lane.


If you can't understand a simple T junction then you need to hand your license back and take some lessons.

Only still traffic needs to keep clear, moving traffic has right of way.

defblade wrote:
I'm not bashing the biker instead of the cyclist, I'm bashing the person/people who is/are wrong.
In this case the biker for using the mandatory cycle lane at all (legally wrong) and the cyclist for wasting time and air being shouty about it (morally wrong, or at least utterly pointless).


No you're definately trying to bash me. I only entered the cycle lane to avoid a cyclist that ignored a give way (a fact that you're blindly ignoring) therefore the cyclist is in the wrong and I have a defence against the offence of crossing the solid white line.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:11 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Re: Abusive Dulwich Paragon member Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
M.C wrote:
Pretty much ignored in London, lower thames street was unbelievably dangerous, solid white line yet motorbikes/scooters used to whizz down the cycle lane at speed. It's segregated now.


And yet did you ever see an incident?


TBF I have, a bad one too I had to do the first aid bit.

I pulled up at a red light on Fish Hill St just after the lights went red, waiting to turn on to Lower Thames St. Lights on Lower Thames St went green, biker on a Fazer in the (solid line) cycle lane was obviously just approaching the lights when they went green on him, he gave it a squirt of throttle and the black cab at the front turned left into the road I was waiting in. Biker smashed hard into the cab (top of rear tyre got level with the cab roof) and got a broken hip/leg for his troubles.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

just read this .. and the message from OP. is clear and well put forward ..

but the messenger still needs shooting ..
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
just read this .. and the message from OP. is clear and well put forward ..

but the messenger still needs shooting ..


Why?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 2.68 Sec - Server Load: 1.34 - MySQL Queries: 17 - CDN Objects: 43 - Page Size: 146.64 Kb