Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Independence Day Celebrations

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:25 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Independence Day Celebrations Reply with quote

Tomorrow, June 23rd, is the first anniversary of Britain gaining independence from a technocratic dictatorship known as the EUropean Union.

The remoaners will soon whine and complain and call us retards and racists, but remember, every remoan is recognition of their defeat, and our tremendous success.

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/2000_1000/57ee89a71a0000f3045b6038.jpeg

https://i.imgflip.com/16elx7.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:00 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working out really well so far Rolling Eyes

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:39 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

janner_10 wrote:

Happy independence day tomorrow Dance!

https://alexedmans.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Brexit.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:07 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I won't be celebrating by burning an EU flag ideally wrapped around a Remoaner until we revoke the 1972 ECA.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:47 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

janner_10 wrote:

Because our wonderful government won't put people in charge that believe in and are willing to fight for this country in the negotiations.

You don't put the Turkey farmer in charge of the 'Don't kill Turkeys for Christmas ' campaign. Rolling Eyes
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:09 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is it we're celebrating, remind me what we've achieved so far?

We've decimated the value of our currency, caused massive social rifts between two halves of the country, pulled up the drawbridge of opportunity for the younger generation who might have quite liked to go work in the EU, we've got a largely unelected wench with a raging boner for a no deal hard Brexit at the helm, and by and large everyone accepts that little to nothing will change, we'all still be full of those immigrant workers "stealing British jobs", well still have to pay into the EU pot, and we'll still be subject to their regulations.

That doesn't really sound too great to me... Thinking
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:36 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Tierbirdy wrote:

We've decimated the value of our currency, caused massive social rifts between two halves of the country, pulled up the drawbridge of opportunity for the younger generation who might have quite liked to go work in the EU, we've got a largely unelected wench with a raging boner for a no deal hard Brexit at the helm, and by and large everyone accepts that little to nothing will change, we'all still be full of those immigrant workers "stealing British jobs", well still have to pay into the EU pot, and we'll still be subject to their regulations.

Your from the glass half empty Remain camp at a guess?

The currency has come down and boosted UK manufacturing and export. Sorry if this makes foreign holidays dearer.

How have the youth been stopped from working in the EU? Do you think the EU has nobody from outside the EU working there?

The wench has now been elected. It happened the other week. She won, just by less than Cameron in 2015.

Let's see happens when the deal is actually struck, rather than guessing the future eh?

I'm certainly no die hard rabid liberal leftie screaming remainer, I believe both sides were lied to and incredibly misinformed/ill informed in a rushed, bodged referendum. I think that the EU does indeed need change/reform but that by essentially taking our ball and going home we're throwing away our opportunity to be part of that reform. I believe the modern world needs to grow closer together and not have a resurgence of petty, outdated nationalism. Both sides have strong arguments but out of the two I believe remain was the marginally better option.

As for the other points, I'm assuming that if we do withdraw from the free movement agreement then we'll have to go back to a visa system for British people wanting to live/work abroad, and whilst I've never tried it myself I can't imagine this being a cheap or easy system compared to the current alternative of being able to just waltz into any EU country I feel like and settle down.

I'm not going to pretend to know enough about the data behind the UKs export/manufacturing economy to truly understand this point, but I don't see how a weaker currency works in our favour, I dare say we import a lot more than we export, we're not the 20th century industrial powerhouse we used to be anymore.

As for May perhaps unelected was the wrong term, de wanted a solid mandate for her government and Brexit negotiations, and her answer from the electorate was a big fat "go fuck yourself"

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

janner_10 wrote:

What's gone wrong exactly? Thinking We were told by remain it would be economic armageddon and that's not happened, so if anything it's gone rather well Dance!

We (as in people who voted to leave Wink) got rid of that tw@ Cameron, indirectly the even bigger tw@ Osborne, and even more indirectly reduced the Tory majority which will hopefully keep them in check.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:55 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
We've decimated the value of our currency

Made ourselves more competitive globally, check.

Tierbirdy wrote:
caused massive social rifts between two halves of the country

Sure, it's better to not let the proles have a say in case it exposes that we don't all agree on things. Unity is strength.

I mean, diversity is strength too, obviously. As long as nobody says what they think.

Tierbirdy wrote:
pulled up the drawbridge of opportunity for the younger generation who might have quite liked to go work in the EU

I thought that hadn't even been negotiated yet, but I guess you have inside information.

It's very sad to hear that the EU will harm themselves and help us by refusing entry to well educated and qualified young people. But if they want to be childish dicks about it, that's their prerogative.

However, how does encouraging our brightest and best to sod off and contribute elsewhere benefit me?

As a Remoaner, you're obviously much smarterer than any Brexiteer, so you'll have no trouble in explaining why I should vote against my own self interest.

Tierbirdy wrote:
we've got a largely unelected wench

I could swear there was an election recently where Sharia's party won a plurality of the popular vote, and by far the biggest number of seats.

My mistake, but in my defence I'm only an ignorant Brexiteer.

Tierbirdy wrote:
with a raging boner for a no deal hard Brexit at the helm

"No deal" is a negotiating tactic. An infant could figure that out. Even Donald Trump understands it. Are you not as smart as Trump? Heck, a Brexiteer could figure it out.

"Soft" Brexit means no Brexit. That's the goal for Remoaners like Sharia, to declare Brexit achieved while maintaining open borders and subjugation to Brussels and Strasbourg.

Tierbirdy wrote:
by and large everyone accepts that little to nothing will change, we'all still be full of those immigrant workers "stealing British jobs", well still have to pay into the EU pot, and we'll still be subject to their regulations.

Weren't you just saying that we're going for a "hard" (i.e. real) Brexit? That's rather confusing.

But of course, I have limited understanding of these matters.

All I know is that Remoaner tears taste sweeter every day. Drooling

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
We've decimated the value of our currency, caused massive social rifts between two halves of the country

The Brexit vote didn't cause a massive social rift, all it has done is put the cross-party country wide division under the spotlight. We have one half of the population that either hates their country and hates their culture, just like the BBC and their cultural marxist infiltrated education system has taught them or think the EU is wonderful because it makes it easier for them to go on a cheap foreign holiday and that's all that counts, and the other half that are pissed off the way things are and the way they were going at an ever increasing rate of knots. The situation for a civil war is being set up, your military aged jihadist infantry have been imported under the guise of tolerance, give it a bit more winding up and then watch it go.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
Tierbirdy wrote:
We've decimated the value of our currency, caused massive social rifts between two halves of the country

The Brexit vote didn't cause a massive social rift, all it has done is put the cross-party country wide division under the spotlight. We have one half of the population that either hates their country and hates their culture, just like the BBC and their cultural marxist infiltrated education system has taught them or think the EU is wonderful because it makes it easier for them to go on a cheap foreign holiday and that's all that counts, and the other half that are pissed off the way things are and the way they were going at an ever increasing rate of knots. The situation for a civil war is being set up, your military aged jihadist infantry have been imported under the guise of tolerance, give it a bit more winding up and then watch it go.

I wouldn't go that far. I see it more as a group of people who see what's going on, and another group who don't want to, sticking their fingers in their ears and going la la la. Thankfully the former group's growing, even if the latter are having to shriek louder to try and drown everyone else out.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The necessary removal of Cameron / Osborne came at a higher price than we should have paid. That was the reason many voted for exit, not the downright disingenuous and outright lies put forward.
I held my nose as I voted exit knowing the turmoil that would result if it was actually successful. But it HAS damaged the Conservative party, given a few more months, maybe a year, probably terminally.
The rabid MINORITY who voted for them in the non-election are matched by the equally rabid MINORITY who voted for Corbin's equally vacuous promises, (but at least he managed to make some).
At last, the malaise that has infected the UK populace since the late 80's has been replaced by a growing anger, this HAS managed to motivate the Playstation generation into getting off their arses and actually thinking. Now they have woken up, they are becoming righteously angry at the total F-up that we sleepwalked into.
Yes, the kids are politically naive, but they are actually sitting up and taking notice. Their parents are still locked in the divides created by either Mirror or Sun, the kids don't even read these rags.
Brexit is one of the worlds greatest non words, ever. We are inextricably locked into a system. No matter what words are spoken, whatever 'deals' are said to have been struck, we will stay with the option that best serves our self interests. China is chuckling, America couldn't give a toss, whose left? India? It can hardly order its own affairs and is more protectionist than ever is the EU. Throw in our lot with Putin...... Plainly speaking, not many viable alternatives.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Let's see happens when the deal is actually struck, rather than guessing the future eh?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e8/93/11/e89311fa5c4e1ae5ad2a46aaca308181.jpg

civvy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:19 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:

B.. b.. but... will of the people!

I wonder why the people who celebrate Brexit because it got rid of David Cameron didn't just vote for another party at a general election Rolling Eyes

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma is a bitch at #GE2022 😂😂😂

https://i.imgur.com/KPjonqD.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
The necessary removal of Cameron / Osborne came at a higher price than we should have paid. That was the reason many voted for exit, not the downright disingenuous and outright lies put forward.
I held my nose as I voted exit knowing the turmoil that would result if it was actually successful. But it HAS damaged the Conservative party, given a few more months, maybe a year, probably terminally.
The rabid MINORITY who voted for them in the non-election are matched by the equally rabid MINORITY who voted for Corbin's equally vacuous promises, (but at least he managed to make some).
At last, the malaise that has infected the UK populace since the late 80's has been replaced by a growing anger, this HAS managed to motivate the Playstation generation into getting off their arses and actually thinking. Now they have woken up, they are becoming righteously angry at the total F-up that we sleepwalked into.
Yes, the kids are politically naive, but they are actually sitting up and taking notice. Their parents are still locked in the divides created by either Mirror or Sun, the kids don't even read these rags.
Brexit is one of the worlds greatest non words, ever. We are inextricably locked into a system. No matter what words are spoken, whatever 'deals' are said to have been struck, we will stay with the option that best serves our self interests. China is chuckling, America couldn't give a toss, whose left? India? It can hardly order its own affairs and is more protectionist than ever is the EU. Throw in our lot with Putin...... Plainly speaking, not many viable alternatives.

Stuff like the NHS claim was debunked at the time, it was dragged up again afterwards by remain as a reason for why the referendum should be null and void, ignoring that they told a lot of porkies as well. Also I was voting for the actual referendum question Confused

I think the young vote was simply to do with the tuition fees promise, youngsters are simple(r) Laughing

mpd72 wrote:
M.C wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. I see it more as a group of people who see what's going on, and another group who don't want to, sticking their fingers in their ears and going la la la. Thankfully the former group's growing, even if the latter are having to shriek louder to try and drown everyone else out.

And of course, which side is which, is a matter of opinion.

I'd say Leave voters see what's going on and want to change things, Remain want to keep things as they are, staying with the Staus Quo and going la la la, ignoring the growing issues.

How about you?

Well I think with issues such as immigration, you either believe it's an issue and due to the scale we're already f**ked, or you don't (want to) believe it's an issue.

Fear's a powerful factor, people kid themselves all the time (that they're happy etc.), and many people would rather continue down a path than take a step into the unknown (sticking with a job you don't like for example). I think this came heavily into play in the referendum.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e8/93/11/e89311fa5c4e1ae5ad2a46aaca308181.jpg

mpd72 wrote:
Oh, sorry, I forgot that Remain are allowed to predict the future with great accuracy, but Leave can't Neutral

It's go FA to do with remain or leave, it's got to do with you telling all and sundry, for the past 12 months, how things are going to be and what, precisely, the benefits of brexit will be.
But all of a sudden you're telling us:-

mpd72 wrote:

It's the very definition of IRONY, FFS! Rolling Eyes

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThoughtControl wrote:
Tierbirdy wrote:

You've just backed up his point there but spouting horse shit.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely loving how the tards amongst BCF band words about like Cultural Marxism and can only suggest cheap holidays as the benefit of remaining in the EU. As if that's somehow the only reason people voted remain.

Bit like the amount of Brexiteers who only voted leave because immigration.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:32 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
a no deal hard Brexit

What other type of Brexit is it? Confused

You can't just pick and choose which parts of the EU you want to keep and which parts you don't. Laughing

What's stopping the younger generation from going and working elsewhere in the EU?

The idea that by and large everyone accepts that little to nothing will change has got soft Brexit written all over it. And since soft Brexit isn't Brexit at all, it sounds like you're part of the 48% who can't accept that 48% is a small percentage than 52%.

Quote:
I believe the modern world needs to grow closer together

So you want to be ruled by the Germans?

Quote:
Both sides have strong arguments but out of the two I believe remain was the marginally better option.

Clearly most people disagree about that.

Quote:
I believe both sides were lied to and incredibly misinformed/ill informed in a rushed, bodged referendum

"Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union?"

Which part of that is a misinformed, rushed, bodged referendum?

Quote:

Laughing You're making some pretty big assumptions there.

Quote:

Remind me again how many seats the Tories won and how many seats Labour won. Thumbs Up Chances are you'll find that the two numbers are not equal. ;(

Quote:

Laughing And there was me thinking that Corbyn bought their votes by offering free tuition fees and a £10 per hour NMW. Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2