Independence Day Celebrations

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

techathy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:56 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The idea that by and large everyone accepts that little to nothing will change has got soft Brexit written all over it. And since soft Brexit isn't Brexit at all, it sounds like you're part of the 48% who can't accept that 48% is a small percentage than 52%.

You seem to have forgotten about the people that believe both 37.5% & 34.7% are less than 50%. So the referendum was a hung vote and the subject should have been tabled for 3~5 years.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:09 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

37.5% & 34.7% are indeed less than 50% but if people choose not to vote then that's their own lookout.

With 52% of votes being for leave and 48% being for remain, the result can't be described as a hung vote. Laughing

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new dawn will soon break over this our first independence day.

Defeated traitors are remoaning loudly, they envy our freedom, our liberty, and our glorious victory. We Brexiteers are the ones looking forward to a greater, brighter future, unlike them looking back to the past of a failed dictatorship.

https://www.flyingcolours.org/uploads/2010_uploads/Flags_on_Poles/UJ_Flying.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:35 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
37.5% & 34.7% are indeed less than 50% but if people choose not to vote then that's their own lookout.

With 52% of votes being for leave and 48% being for remain, the result can't be described as a hung vote. Laughing

The irony is, the same folk shooting off over the validity of this also say that the RMT etc strikes are illegal, because... They didn't get over 50% of eligible voters backing the action. Laughing

The deliciousness of the irony.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:07 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
The irony is, the same folk shooting off over the validity of this also say that the RMT etc strikes are illegal, because... They didn't get over 50% of eligible voters backing the action. Laughing

Can you name two, with citations?

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:09 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

civvy wrote:

B.. b.. but... will of the people!

I wonder why the people who celebrate Brexit because it got rid of David Cameron didn't just vote for another party at a general election Rolling Eyes

Because some parties can't be trusted with the economy.

Liam Byrne - "I'm afraid there is no money"

Unfortunately some people have short memories.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Do keep up, at the back.

As I've pointed out on at least two occasions a union requires 40% of the membership to vote in favour of a strike, for a strike to be called.
A figure which neither remain or leave could scrape together!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:48 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
As I've pointed out on at least two occasions a union requires 40% of the membership to vote in favour of a strike, for a strike to be called.

Fire, health, education, transport (including London buses but not elsewhere, racists) and border control.

Brexit isn't as important as those. Whistle

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

Do keep up, at the back.

A figure which neither remain or leave could scrape together!

Chill your beans, I'm not stating the real figures, I'm stating what the numpties on here say.

If there was a required 51% of the populace to get a person electorate, we'd be down to less than half the number of MP'S!

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Can you name two, with citations?

Work isn't BCF tolerant, I'll have a gander when I get home. Bnp72's going to be top of the list though, no citation necessary for him Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chill your beans, I'm not stating the real figures, I'm stating what the numpties on here say.

If there was a required 51% of the populace to get a person electorate, we'd be down to less than half the number of MP'S!

What you would get is a bunch of cardboard cutouts with no opinions of any substance, unless you live in a rock solid seat where you can stand a gorilla for Labour or a Bullingdon millionaire for the Tories and still get elected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

What you would get is a bunch of cardboard cutouts with no opinions of any substance, unless you live in a rock solid seat where you can stand a gorilla for Labour or a Bullingdon millionaire for the Tories and still get elected.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/c80.0.480.480/14566806_241686826283791_1908786184780251136_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQzOTUxODU2OTE5NjM2OTUyOA%3D%3D.2.c

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 23 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/c80.0.480.480/14566806_241686826283791_1908786184780251136_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQzOTUxODU2OTE5NjM2OTUyOA%3D%3D.2.c

https://www.pointandclickbait.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/smug-man-720x340.jpg

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not forget to invite Gove and Johnson on the celebrations.

They were the life and soul of the party last year:

https://i.imgur.com/czRdh2z.jpg

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remoaners are lucky that Brexiteers are there to make the important decisions on their behalf. You should thank us Cool

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Remoaners are lucky that Brexiteers are there to make the important decisions on their behalf. You should thank us Cool

Funny you've said that I just have found 2027 independance celebration report:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-2027-this-is-the-uk-10-years-on-1-5075042

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, what a load of horse shit.

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:17 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-2027-this-is-the-uk-10-years-on-1-5075042

Britain leaves EU destroying Brussel's evil empire (from about as a reliable source as you've quoted). Being a commie you should be familiar with this lot ... Laughing

https://www.pravdareport.com/world/europe/24-06-2016/134816-brexit-0/

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

So when are you going to leave and give up your citizenship? Thinking Wink

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 26 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the same day bnp72 joins the Bob Crow Brigade and does something useful with his meaningless, hate filled life.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 277 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2