Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I'm thinking of getting another 125 - CBR125R - thoughts?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I'd be doing A1 and then tuning the shit out of my four stroke 125 for a few years

For fun riding I can see some attraction in that (I'd still rather have a 250), but not for a commuter bike.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nandonian wrote:
Had another look, what about a 2013 Honda CBR500 2013?
Believe it's 47bhp which is A2 legal

Pass your test and then decide on which bike.
Loads of threads on here about 'which bike' and the answer is always the cheapest one in decent condition first.
Then (probably after getting your full A licence) in the future make the real decision on the bike you really want.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:07 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nandonian wrote:
Had another look, what about a 2013 Honda CBR500 2013?

Believe it's 47bhp which is A2 legal

It's designed to be precisely A2 legal, for the worst interpretation of A2, i.e. claims to be exactly 35kW and 175kg dry (= 0.2kW/kg which is the other part of the A2 limit).

UK licensing uses wet weight, so you could go a bit lighter. KTM use power-to-wet-weight for the much lighter Duke and RC 390s. I'd rather have one of them... if they weren't KTMs and made in India to Indian standards.

If you're feeling frisky you can get a ~70kW FZS600 (old style Fazer, not the newer FZ6) and "restrict" it to 35kW.

But what Mike doubtless said: stop FANTASING start LISENSING.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2