Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

anyone ever had constant headache?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

joe g
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:49 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: anyone ever had constant headache? Reply with quote

had one for about 3 weeks now. first gp said sinusitis, took antibiotics no difference. went back and now its tension headache and just told to relax Neutral great advice lol why didnt i think of that!

tried co codamol, paracetamol, ibuprofen nothing touches it!

will get my eyes tested soon but vision has been fine and i cant think of anything else! can't take much more of this though it's there as soon as i wake up until i go to bed!

also been prescribed amitriptyline but not taking that too many side effects anyone on here tried it before?

inb4 aids, brain tumour, ebola Laughing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you definitely drinking enough?
Sounds like it started as weather hotted up.
Try replacing some tea/coffee/booze with water.
You can't really drink too much. Water that is Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. The wife.

Badum tsshh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Minty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Really?

You sure?

Like really sure?

Really really sure?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:28 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got cancer and Creg is going to mock you. Razz

More seriously, your brain is malfunctioning and soon you will be dead so in my professional opinion, I suggest that you consult a mortician.

The999Kid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

in before cardiac conduction abnormalities caused by drinking too much water and washing electrolytes out of his blood
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have a constant headache, but seems to come back when ever the mrs is talking. Strange.

Perhaps an eye test would be an idea? Do you do much computer work / reading?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:04 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
Try replacing some tea/coffee/booze with water.

Drinking water does not prevent dehydration.

I have no medical opinion to offer, but I assure you that the NHS will take your brain tumour seriously as soon as you show late stage symptoms that indicate that it is now untreatable.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine has had a headache for 2 years now. Every day.

Now on a huge selection of pills just to take the edge off and allow her to get on with life.

Not fun at all. Here's hoping you've just got aids! Thumbs Up

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had that 3 times.
1st time was eye strain and sorted by glasses that I didn't know I needed...
2nd time was teeth. An impacted wisdom tooth which wasn't painful but I'd just become so accustomed to the constant ache that I blotted it out. I didn't appreciate the consequences.
3rd time was cured by a divorce.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:50 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caffiene can actually help some sorts of headache.

Paracetamol, it turns out, is pretty crap for many types of pain. Tried asprin?

You can also CAUSE headaches by repeated use of analgesics. So the original one has gone and you now have a reflex headache because of the pills you took to releive it.

Ask for a referral to someone who knows what they are doing.

Or pay for one at a private clinic if you want it done quickly and properly.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missus has ongoing headaches, has done for a couple of months now. She had a MRI scan last week, and we're awaiting the results, as some of her family have suffered brain aneurysms

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a headache for almost a year, but it's only since seeing a chiro has it finally gone. Much neck crunchiness.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Bikeless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there, done that, stop taking analgesics and take the amitriptyline, your headache will soon go, i took them for 18 months, initial side effects but they disappeared after a week.
I had lots of different prescriptions, mri scan etc before they determined it was tension headache.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:29 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with No Blade tbh!

I'm also on amitriptilyne currently, had two doc appointments so far and they have ruled out some things, but I had an inner ear problem that may have been contributing.

I'd say that amitriptilyne for me has stopped about 70% of my headaches, and feeling fucking awful from migraines and the related symptoms. I did find out two weeks ago that you can't just suddenly stop taking this medication though, ended up sick, wobbly and almost collapsing at work with a pounding head and tight chest pains.

It seems to be working for me, but just don't read up too much on amiltriptyline and what else it's used for as that might put you off taking it.

If at the end of the day you need some medication to be able to function properly at work or prevent you having time off or not being able to do your job properly then it's worth it IMO.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:22 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP, do you have new glasses?

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloke at work had mega headaches, days off work at a time etc. Went to specsavers, got specs, headache gone.

Brother went to chiroprator, got neck crunched, headache gone instantly. Down-side of that is on another visit chiro managed to break a chip off a bone in his spine which moved about until it pressed on his spinal chord giving him pain and pins & needles. Had to have an operation on his back which put him out of work for a year.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:25 - 29 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Brother went to chiroprator, ... Had to have an operation on his back which put him out of work for a year.

stinkwheel wrote:

Ask for a referral to someone who knows what they are doing.

Ordinarily, I would consider this to be someone with an actual medical qualification of some sort. Preferrably with a special interest in the field of neurology.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 30 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get them in the mornings. GP suggested a trip to the dentist. Dentist suggests I grind my teeth. £500 for a guard! Sod that!

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 09:39 - 30 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Leah Betts would disagree.

A mate of my missus had migraines for YEARS, like proper debilitating can't see has to lay in a quiet room.

See used to get these a couple of times a week and was constantly on at her doctor for a solution. They tried everything, including removing her wisdom teeth just incase it was that.

In the end she found out about a certain piercing on the little bit of your ear not a part of the main ear at the front, crap description I know Laughing Various people with the same symptoms said this 'cured' it. She got it done in January and too my knowledge hasn't had migraine since.

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 30 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check all the obvious things first:
- see an osteo, check neck bones etc in place, no nagging pain causing the headaches
- mild dose of aspirin to rid of any inflammation build up (check with doctor first!)
- at night switch off all electrical items in your bedroom, including phone at a designated 1hr before bed, read if necessary. Make sure you are giving yourself the opportunity to wind down properly
- get your teeth checked out. So many people have nerve issues in their mouths that cause headaches
- ask for a neuro-consultation via doctor, get a scan just to rule out anything else. So many stroke patients complained of headaches first before any other symptoms. You can get a private scan done for around £500 if not happy with waiting. Similarly if you go to a good Osteo they may arrange this for you.
Good luck. Exclamation

Bikeless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 30 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more of my history:

Never suffered from headaches, migraine or anything.

Woke up one morning, had a stiff neck, two days later severe headache in right temple lasting an hour to two hours, on and off all day, between five and eight per day.

See doctor, prescribed naproxen anti inflammatory, doesn't work and makes my tinnitus louder(that's another story). Go back, prescribed migraine tablets, again doesn't work. Get eyes checked, 20/20 vision, back to doctor, gives me nasal sprays and other stuff, doesn't work.

Have MRI to rule out serious illness, all clear, see neurologist a couple of times, although I'm not stressed she thinks tension headache or medication induced headache, recommends low dose of amitriptyline.

Start taking amitriptyline, headaches ease within a week, dose upped slightly, have a few side effects at first, feeling sick and tiredness. Two weeks in and they've gone which is a godsend after suffering for months.
Take amitriptyline for roughly eighteen months including weaning off which was easy, this was in 2012,been fine ever since, did have a small bout of headaches around 6 months ago but they disappeared on their own after a couple of days.
This is as best i remember it as it was a few years ago.

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 30 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

In the end she found out about a certain piercing on the little bit of your ear not a part of the main ear at the front, crap description I know Laughing Various people with the same symptoms said this 'cured' it. She got it done in January and too my knowledge hasn't had migraine since.

Would that be a daith piercing? I have that done about eight years ago and haven't had a severe headache/migraine since then. Could just be coincidence but a lot of people report that it helps.

joe g
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:56 - 30 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the advice, think i'm going to pick the amitryptiline up tomorrow and give it a go, can't take the pain anymore.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 30 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe g wrote:
thanks for all the advice, think i'm going to pick the amitryptiline up tomorrow and give it a go, can't take the pain anymore.

I would get your eyes tested too.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2