Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike Loss of Power

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sammysofa
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:58 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Bike Loss of Power Reply with quote

Hello,

My bike is a 1974 CL125S (Single Cylinder)

I was riding the other day about 60 mph on my bike and suddenly lost a lot of engine power. My bike slowed down to about 45 mph. I didn't hear any noise is just all the sudden lost most of its power. Then as I kept going to the next possible place to pull over it quit on my once the throttle was taken off. Had a smoke trail behind me. Now the bike is hard to kick start and I have to push start it. Once started I can keep it running but low power and smoke from vent tube after it warms up. I can also hear what sounds like the timing chain rattling.

Could it just be my loose timing chain has jump a tooth and it off timing? What do you think it could be?

The bike is in mint shape and was running great. Total lifetime miles 6,750. I weight 210 lbs and had it traveling at 60 so it was running good.

Not sure I want to dig into fixing it. It was to be a temp bike for my wife to learn on and she has done that and has a new bike. If someone is interested in purchasing it I'm open tot that as well.

[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 288 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1