Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ZZR600 list of issues (multiball!!)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:26 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: ZZR600 list of issues (multiball!!) Reply with quote

Hi there guys.

if you know the answer to any of these, please feel free to enlighten my stupid mind.

1. warped front disk. any other option than buying a new one? can they be made true again?

2. engine cuts out for 0.00001 of a second when I go over a sharp bump in the road. any ideas what that could be. lights, the lot go off in the blink of an eye and back on.

3. backfire sometimes after the cutout. could just be unspent fuel? or symptomatic of somert else?

4. fan not working. fan tested as ok. temp sender works. water is flowing round the system, but in traffic, the fan doesn't come on. was just going to put a switch on it. if so, where should I run power from and where should I earth to?

5 lastly, I have a v small oil leak from the crevice between the water pump and the sumpy area. is this common? if so, should I just ride it into a wall?..

went to matlock on sat. I had the worst kept/ just worst bike there. it was ace Smile

https://preview.ibb.co/iDOSNv/1498990786715_2390127201_88272608_v1.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/iDOSNv/1498990786715_2390127201_88272608_v1.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:45 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: ZZR600 list of issues (multiball!!) Reply with quote

Ayup_Mi-Duck wrote:
2. engine cuts out for 0.00001 of a second when I go over a sharp bump in the road. any ideas what that could be. lights, the lot go off in the blink of an eye and back on.

Loose wire. If everything is going off, I'd start with the battery and main earth connections, then to the fusebox.

Ayup_Mi-Duck wrote:
5 lastly, I have a v small oil leak from the crevice between the water pump and the sumpy area. is this common? if so, should I just ride it into a wall?

I have had some success with Wynns Engine Stop Leak down the years. The usual caveats that obviously it will make your clutch both stick and slip and your engine to assplode and inject the Bad AIDS into your wounds.

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:01 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: ZZR600 list of issues (multiball!!) Reply with quote

[quote="Rogerborg"]
Ayup_Mi-Duck wrote:

Loose wire. If everything is going off, I'd start with the battery and main earth connections, then to the fusebox.

fairing off then. bah. its only being held together by luck.

ta!

I was worried about clutcHIV when using something like that. im quite heavy so thought a slippery cluch would result in me being left at the lights spinning my lubed rings.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 03 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: ZZR600 list of issues (multiball!!) Reply with quote

Ayup_Mi-Duck wrote:

1. warped front disk. any other option than buying a new one? can they be made true again?

I'd replace it. Sure it's warped though?

Quote:

There is an earth point if you lift the tank and look down you'll see it. It gets drowned in shite, it may be that.

Quote:

3. backfire sometimes after the cutout. could just be unspent fuel? or symptomatic of somert else?

Bike has AIDS

Quote:
4. fan not working. fan tested as ok. temp sender works. water is flowing round the system, but in traffic, the fan doesn't come on. was just going to put a switch on it. if so, where should I run power from and where should I earth to?

Probably not got hot enough. Mine wouldn't kick in till about 2/3rds-3/4's of the way up the temp gauge.

Quote:
5 lastly, I have a v small oil leak from the crevice between the water pump and the sumpy area. is this common? if so, should I just ride it into a wall?..

Bike has Ebola.... trace exactly where the leak is coming from.

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:39 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: ZZR600 list of issues (multiball!!) Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Ayup_Mi-Duck wrote:

I'd replace it. Sure it's warped though?

Quote:

There is an earth point if you lift the tank and look down you'll see it. It gets drowned in shite, it may be that.

Quote:

Bike has AIDS

Quote:

Probably not got hot enough. Mine wouldn't kick in till about 2/3rds-3/4's of the way up the temp gauge.

Quote:

Bike has Ebola.... trace exactly where the leak is coming from.

Shit... Ebolaids..... looks like its shotgun behind the tab for it then.

or ill look at your advice and work thru it all Smile

mrs is away this weekend (shes probably knocking off, but it gives me time to sort the bike!) so I will get it to bits.

TA!

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayup_Mi-Duck wrote:
Waddo!, me ol' muckers.

if you know the answer to any of these, please feel free to enlighten my stupid mind.

1. warped front disk. can they be made true again?

6. do motorcycles look a lot better parked up with their front ends facing the road?

7. does the yellow bike behind mine look bloody ridiculous with that God-awful monstrosity of a top box fucking-up its lines?

8. is it big and/or clever to begin sentences without capital letters?

1. Yes. Simply replace the k with a c.

6. Hell, yeah! Wellard, even.

7. Without a shadow of doubt.

8. No and/or no. But, as you yourself so insightfully point out, you have a stupid mind! So, pfff…the magic dragon lived by the sea . . .

HTH Thumbs Up

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:05 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuffin Nora wrote:
Ayup_Mi-Duck wrote:
Waddo!, me ol' muckers.

1. warped front disk. can they be made true again?

6. do motorcycles look a lot better parked up with their front ends facing the road?

7. does the yellow bike behind mine look bloody ridiculous with that God-awful monstrosity of a top box fucking-up its lines?

8. is it big and/or clever to begin sentences without capital letters?

1. Yes. Simply replace the k with a c.

6. Hell, yeah! Wellard, even.

7. Without a shadow of doubt.

8. No and/or no. But, as you yourself so insightfully point out, you have a stupid mind! So, pfff…the magic dragon lived by the sea . . .

HTH Thumbs Up

Thanks for that....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1