Well that was unexpected.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Hydroponics make no difference to the speed of growth, the yield from the plants or the quality of the bud.

Just to do with growing out of sight/in artificial light then?

Quote:
Cannaboost is just marketing bollocks. I highly recommend Plagron Batmix compost, Biobizz Fish Mix (used throughout the grow), Plant Magic Bio Silicon (also used throughout the grow) and then Plant Magic Oldtimer Bloom or Biobizz Bloom for the flowering period.

I found a potting compost/perlite mix a good growing medium. Things quickly got out of hand like that - hadn't really thought things through before I got 80-odd plants growing in the kitchen and living room of my flat Laughing

Quote:
One thing I would like to point out is the only reason I'm posting this lot is because I do not grow cannabis.

This lot is purely for educational purposes, I'm not encouraging you or anyone else to grow weed. Razz

And I would like to point out that I only experimented with it once, many years ago Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor owners...will they be demanding a free property in Kensington I wonder and opening a go-fund-me account for donations.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepuma wrote:
Poor owners...will they be demanding a free property in Kensington I wonder and opening a go-fund-me account for donations.

Well, the owners turned up (silly beggers, as there were 2 police cars and 2 vans outside their house that had the front door smashed in) and I think they have got some free accommodation. Might not be of their choosing though. Laughing

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
mudcow007 wrote:
I was under the impression that growing it through hydroponics is quite easy, its just the mixture of heat an humidity is quite hard to work out.

Canna boost helps too

I always thought that "weed" is exactly what it is - it'll grow just about anywhere with bugger-all help. Hydroponics systems &c are just ways of maximising growth rate and quality.

One of my friends neighbours had the biggest plant I've ever seen growing (out in the open) in their garden. He wanted to steal it Smile

Ste wrote:
This lot is purely for educational purposes, I'm not encouraging you or anyone else to grow weed. Razz

I would if I lived in the middle of nowhere. Not sure on the (true) legalities, apparently if it's for personal use the popo usually let it slide, knowing my luck I'd get made an example of and sent down for a long stretch.

Probably best to carry on supporting organised crime Neutral

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:05 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Just to do with growing out of sight/in artificial light then?

The more light you've got, the more fruits you'll get. Wink

Genetics play their part as well, what seeds or cuttings you start with will ultimately determine what the potential of the plants is.

Growing out of sight is generally advisable although if you're feeling brave then you can hide in plain sight. Every so often there are new articles about a grow being busted that's in a building right next to a police station or in a building in the middle of a busy part of town which loads of people walk past every day. Laughing

chickenstrip wrote:
I found a potting compost/perlite mix a good growing medium. Things quickly got out of hand like that - hadn't really thought things through before I got 80-odd plants growing in the kitchen and living room of my flat Laughing

Basic potting compost is fine with young seedlings, once you've repotted a couple of times the plants will be getting hungrier and they'll thank you for giving them some 'richer' compost with nutrients in them giving a good mix of NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium). Potting up should be done frequently as if you put them into a pot that's too big then the roots don't grow as densely as they would in correct size pot and pots that are too big can get mould starting to grow at the bottom of the pot where the compost stays damp as the roots aren't taking up the water. That mould will move up in the pot and then the roots will start rotting which is bad mmmmk.

When you switch the lighting to 12 hours on, 12 hours off (which is when the plants start flowering), the plants will shoot up at a rate of knots doubling in height (or more) depending on what strain is being grown. Then you've got yourself a stinky cannabis jungle. Drooling

Something else important is that the buds put on a huge amount of weight right towards the end of the grow, the last 10-14 days are really valuable. You've spent a few months tending lovingly to the plants so don't be tempted to harvest slightly earlier than you perhaps should. Be patient and you will be rewarded with a bigger harvest plus the bud will be more potent than stuff that's harvested too early.

Then you've got to dry the buds, other than the electric for running the extraction fan, this part doesn't cost you anything so don't rush it, it should be done at room temperature with good air circulation to prevent mould from growing plus you don't want air blowing directly onto the drying buds as that causes you to end up with 'crispy' weed that goes to dust when you grind it up rather than nice fluffy weed you're wanting.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

One of my friends neighbours had the biggest plant I've ever seen growing (out in the open) in their garden.

They grow quite big fairly rapidly. Many years ago, I used to have a nice little roof garden but, before you know it, you find it's turned into a small jungle.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:18 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I would if I lived in the middle of nowhere. Not sure on the (true) legalities, apparently if it's for personal use the popo usually let it slide, knowing my luck I'd get made an example of and sent down for a long stretch.

Probably best to carry on supporting organised crime Neutral

To a certain extent they're not very interested in personal use grows, then again if the cop is having a bad day then they might not be as lenient to you as they could be.

You'll see news articles where someone gets in a shit load of trouble over a few spindly poorly grown plants on a window sill can you'll see articles about someone with 100 plants getting away with just a slap on the wrists.

There is no consistency between police forces and courts across the country. If there's any indication that you're dealing then the chances of them being lenient to you will significantly decrease. The simplest way for there to be no indication that you're dealing is not to deal. I don't have dealer scales and I don't even have kitchen scales, I look at it as damage limitation. Shifty

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guidelines say up to 8 plants is considered personal and normally carries a warning or caution
9 - 16 plants is considered small scale (selling to friends etc) and carries anything from a warning to a small amount of jail time but as said these are guidelines and it varies widely city to city judge to judge Thumbs Up

growing in hydro is easy to set up and easy to sort a problem quickly by dumping the nutes and starting again
growing in soil if you get a problem you need to flush for a few days

I must admit I do laugh when the cops bust a grow and call them "Heat Lamps"
heat is your biggest problem thats why there is always lots of ducting and fans
temps above 30 deg cause big issues Thumbs Up

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

One of my friends neighbours had the biggest plant I've ever seen growing (out in the open) in their garden. He wanted to steal it Smile

I've seen photos of what can only be described as Cannabis trees. A book I was given on the subject had such photos - I mean, these things were much higher than the average garden shed, and would have taken a couple of people to stretch their arms around. Right proper bushy things, they were. I think the pics were of somewhere in the U.S., California or somewhere. They can get feckin huge in the right conditions.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:21 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UV LED FTW?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
UV LED FTW?

I think you can get strip lights that emulate the frequencies in sunlight, used to be suggested as the best things to use iirc. Seems Ste will know better though (keep prompting him to reply, and we'll soon have a cracking little growers guide here Razz ).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:

I've seen photos of what can only be described as Cannabis trees. A book I was given on the subject had such photos - I mean, these things were much higher than the average garden shed, and would have taken a couple of people to stretch their arms around. Right proper bushy things, they were. I think the pics were of somewhere in the U.S., California or somewhere. They can get feckin huge in the right conditions.

That's what this was, it was taller than their fence Confused

EDIT: does happen here apparently:
https://i1.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/article7837051.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/tall-cannabis-plants-with-cop.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Well, she looks proper pleased. Guess that's her evenings sorted for a while Rolling Eyes

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
UV LED FTW?

I think you can get strip lights that emulate the frequencies in sunlight, used to be suggested as the best things to use iirc. Seems Ste will know better though (keep prompting him to reply, and we'll soon have a cracking little growers guide here Razz ).

not all lights work and new technology is improving some mediums

a few years back you had the choice of Floro tubes with a mix of blue and red spectrum
they were good for vegging but lacked the power for really big buds
then you had Metal Halide which again being a blue spectrum were great for vegging
most people used High pressure Sodium bulbs for flowering
now you get mixed spectrum HPS tailored for growing

next you have LED and Plasma panels that are getting better as technology improves and the price drops
but still not at the bang per buck level of the HPS yet

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I think the pics were of somewhere in the U.S., California or somewhere. They can get feckin huge in the right conditions.

Humboldt County in California nicknamed the Emerald Triangle as it has 3 states thats legal
plants there outdoors regularly get to over 15 ft tall

I have friends that grow there legally and they get huge yields per plant

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can but dream...

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Seems Ste will know better though (keep prompting him to reply, and we'll soon have a cracking little growers guide here Razz ).

There's quite a lot of helpful guides already on tinternet... Shifty

Very informative info from Ste though. Thumbs Up

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
We can but dream...

https://image.ibb.co/i6m3FF/3453532_1946432619.jpg
free ssl image hosting

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:10 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not informative, it's for entertainment and edumactional purposes only. Razz

For outdoor grows, this is a fucking awesome series of videos called "PROHIBITION --TRYING TO GROW A QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF POT" : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDoEaMwk1hdjPcGYLvN1_dYmGaLrC-df9

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
It's not informative, it's for entertainment and edumactional purposes only. Razz

Mmmmkay Laughing

Quote:
For outdoor grows, this is a fucking awesome series of videos called "PROHIBITION --TRYING TO GROW A QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF POT" : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDoEaMwk1hdjPcGYLvN1_dYmGaLrC-df9

I lol'd at the title Laughing

Might even watch it Shifty

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:14 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:
next you have LED and Plasma panels that are getting better as technology improves and the price drops
but still not at the bang per buck level of the HPS yet

Now we've also got ceramic metal halide:

https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/daylight-reflector-315w-cmh

They're more efficient that HID (I know you said HPS but as our resident caannabis expert you already know that HPS is for flowering and MH is for vegging, I'm just being awkward Razz).

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are loads of dedicated cannabis sites online inc the one I run www.icmag.com/ic/

outdoor in the Uk is very hit & miss due to our summers not being consistent
I've seen a hail shower decimate some plants outdoors in a matter of minutes
greenhouse is more useful but indoor is by far the best option as then you control the enviroment Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:30 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.uk420.com for UK growing advice.

Or BCF. Laughing

But as it's illegal in the UK you can't actually follow any of the advice because if you grow cannabis then you're funding organised crime and terrorists!! Shocked

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Now we've also got ceramic metal halide:

https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/daylight-reflector-315w-cmh

They're more efficient that HID (I know you said HPS but as our resident caannabis expert you already know that HPS is for flowering and MH is for vegging, I'm just being awkward Razz).

yeah there good but still a bit expensive compared to something like the sunmaster full spectrum at £22 a pop for a 600
but they will get cheaper as the technology improves
the beauty of the sunmasters is you can go full cycle on them
though I still prefer to use some 250w CFLS blues for the early vegging and also to keep heat down Thumbs Up

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
www.uk420.com for UK growing advice.

Or BCF. Laughing

But as it's illegal in the UK you can't actually follow any of the advice because if you grow cannabis then you're funding organised crime and terrorists!! Shocked

been a member there since 2001 Jools runs a good site Thumbs Up

on the legal side its a bit strange that a state in the US which has legal medicinal use
is trying to extradite a good friend of mine to the US on a charge of importing and exporting Cannabis
when all he sold or bought was seeds, the US does not discriminate and calls seeds cannabis
when in the Uk seeds are totally legal to own and sell, just don't germinate them Rolling Eyes

Last edited by oldpink on 20:46 - 06 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 292 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3