Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stove no pump pressure

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 16 Jul 2017    Post subject: Stove no pump pressure Reply with quote

Somebody here might be in the know.

I have a Primus red bottle stove. The pump on the bottle no longer builds pressure.

I'm thinking I need a new one of these : (leather washer)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRIMUS-STOVE-CUP-WASHERS-LEATHER-WASHERS-PUMP-WASHERS-KEROSENE-STOVE-PARTS-SPARE-/121583282070?hash=item1c4eeda796:g:rs0AAOSwPcVVks79

I also remember years ago there was some sort of grease or lube in a tube you're supposed to use in conjunction with the leather washer. Does anybody know what this is? Is it just silcone grease? As I do remember it being clear.

I think I may go off the beaten track soon so a stove may be handy.

Thanks
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:54 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It'll be the pump cup.

I just put a little vegetable oil on mine to get it moving. You could also use vaseline or even just straightforward 3 in 1 oil. In a primus, it shouldn't make too much difference because the kerosene is pretty slippy anyway.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Yeah. It'll be the pump cup.

I just put a little vegetable oil on mine to get it moving. You could also use vaseline or even just straightforward 3 in 1 oil. In a primus, it shouldn't make too much difference because the kerosene is pretty slippy anyway.

Thanks, I don't use kerosine though I just use whatever I can find and have put petrol, naptha etc through it.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:30 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 3 in 1 oil on the pump cup on my coleman duel fuel.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1