Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Chinese Brake Discs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

skyehigh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:43 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Chinese Brake Discs Reply with quote

Hi
Having received excellent service and also being really impressed by the quality of some CNC span adjustable levers I got direct from a chinese company - I am seriously thinking of buy a set of front and rear discs from China (Huge saving on cost).
Just wondered if anyone bought any of these discs - what is the quality like and also they state than any import duties etc are the buyers responsibility - what do these charges amount to?
Bike is an FZ750 but running FZR1000 wheels etc
TIA

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:01 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Chinese Brake Discs Reply with quote

skyehigh wrote:
Hi
Having received excellent service and also being really impressed by the quality of some CNC span adjustable levers I got direct from a chinese company - I am seriously thinking of buy a set of front and rear discs from China (Huge saving on cost).
Just wondered if anyone bought any of these discs - what is the quality like and also they state than any import duties etc are the buyers responsibility - what do these charges amount to?
TIA

Who's the supplier M8 ?.................

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 04 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard horror stories about them eating pads, warping and wearing quickly but how many people have been perfectly happy with them and said nothing? Far more than have moaned I expect.

I'd quite happily fit them to my bikes. They are just lumps of machined metal after all and short of them being made of cheese they aren't going to have a critical failure.

skyehigh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:20 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Chinese Brake Discs Reply with quote

Ed Case wrote:
skyehigh wrote:
Hi
TIA

Who's the supplier M8 ?.................

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/fx-motorcycle?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Because I use different brake and clutch master cylinders (FZR1000 clutch R1 Brake) they asked me to sent photo's so they could match the fittings - brilliant service

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:21 - 06 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Chinese Brake Discs Reply with quote

skyehigh wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/fx-motorcycle?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

"Have a holiday during 29th Aprilia -1st May"

Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 267 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1